Government Extends Duty Waiver on Sanitary and Anti-dust Face Masks

webfact

Government Extends Duty Waiver on Sanitary and Anti-dust Face Masks

Paphamon Arayasukawat

e6edeba58b071de8ef9b63c7babe2fe8_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government has extended the exemption period for import duty on sanitary and anti-dust face masks as well as their manufacturing components until September 30.

Government deputy spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek said the move aims to ensure adequate supply of face masks during the Covid-19 outbreak and amid the air pollution caused by PM 2.5 dust particles.

She said this exemption will cover face masks or components used to manufacture face masks for surgery or other medical purposes, and masks that protect against dust, smog or other toxic substances.

Ms. Ratchada added that the government estimates that extension of the waiver would result in lost revenue of about Bt9 million, or more, depending on the domestic demand for face masks.

nnt.jpg

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has extended the exemption period for import duty on sanitary and anti-dust face masks as well as their manufacturing components until September 30.

the Govment Should've Supplied All the masks for free when all this covid started,but as usual Nothing has been done to help the Natives.

So, importing these masks or the precursors thereoff, cost the users, Thai people, 9 billion baht.

Someone here should be making them, for the good of the country, not having to let foreigners make them. Self sufficiency, I believe the late King said...

If it was permitted, I would invest and make them, but, not permitted as I'm retired.