Thailand reports 42 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

1149837608_download(2).jpg.9fc6f69ab8fce8cbb4e2ff6f5a0f743c.jpg

Thailand reported 42 new COVID-19 infections on Wednesday.

Of the new cases, 24 were local transmissions, while 18 were imported from people entering quarantine.

Most of the new cases were discovered in Bangkok and Samut Sakhon.

A further 47 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

1,343 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 28,868 with 94 deaths. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-31

A recurring theme for the past week or so.  Lets see what happens after the Songkran exodus and return.  Today I went to an elementary school graduation ceremony in the Pahonyothin Area not far from Don Muang.  On the streets very few folks were wearing masks, and in the Moo Ban with its large Talad near the school it was the same, not even the vendors were masked up.  The 7-11 was packed and no one was using the temp station or usingthe sanitizer, nor were they masked as well. Just another day as it seems that these people don't really travel out and about of the Area.   Folks just carrying on like Covid did not exist.  At the school they were handing out masks to the parents that showed up without one.  No social distancing in the conference room where they did the actual diploma handouts and ceremony. 

• Sad 1

Don't know how you persuade the flatearthers that millions are dying and tens of millions lives are ruined by this Wuflu plague. Perhaps mock intubated patients on every street corner?  Government health warnings on all bill boards? 'Bring out your dead' trucks touring the streets with guys in full ppe? Crop sprayers overhead pumping evil smelling yellow gunge on anybody not wearing a mask?

8 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

24,631 Covid+ since December 15. Very little testingDangerous game not to adopt basic precautions. So far, so good but many other countries are imploding. Really, don't want to push our luck. I remind people gently & politely while pointing to my own mask.

Think you sum it up, 25k with relatively low testing, and with the system of enforced quarantine for positive result or at high risk contact, does not encourage people to come forward. I hope for Thailand sake one of the more contagious variants does not get in, but then with low testing and unknown genetic sequencing who knows. I have seen no information forthcoming about which variants are present either, if any.