Virus Problem

khall64au

My new Kingston memory stick has been infected by a Trojan Horse virus at a net cafe. Attempting to open the F drive I get the following Windows message:

Can not find script file "F:/killVBS.vbs"

Any advice please?

My new Kingston memory stick has been infected by a Trojan Horse virus at a net cafe. Attempting to open the F drive I get the following Windows message:

Can not find script file "F:/killVBS.vbs"

Any advice please?

Forgot to add that I ran it through the AVG 7.5 virus check and watched it munch and quarantine virus but still cannot open with the same message showing up. Help most appreciated!

can you tell people in WHICH internet cafe this happened ? just to help others avoiding the same fate.....

and did u tell the staff at the internet Cafe ? maybe they are not even aware of those problems.....

OFF TOPIC, but: it would be a good idea to name internet cafe's where problems occur (such as that very well-known place in pattaya were they obviously have keyloggers installed at all computers and then steal ur credit-card data (as has been reported on some Pattaya-based news-websites, without telling the name of the place....)

can you tell people in WHICH internet cafe this happened ? just to help others avoiding the same fate.....

and did u tell the staff at the internet Cafe ? maybe they are not even aware of those problems.....

OFF TOPIC, but: it would be a good idea to name internet cafe's where problems occur (such as that very well-known place in pattaya were they obviously have keyloggers installed at all computers and then steal ur credit-card data (as has been reported on some Pattaya-based news-websites, without telling the name of the place....)

It's happening in many cafes all over southeast Asia.

khall64au - You'll need both, as well as a number of other utilities.

The search and clean processes necessary to detect/remove this malware becomes quite detailed, even for experienced computer users. Therefore, if you are not comfortable "digging" into various parts of your operating system, I would strongly suggest you obtain help from a knowledgeable friend or reliable computer service facility.

You also have the option of doing a complete reformat/reinstall of Windows. This is probably your easiest and fastest way of restoring a "clean" system, provided of course, you had previously backed-up the important data.

Should you decide to proceed alone, go to each of the links shown below, printout all the instructions (as during the "cleaning" process they will not be viewable) and download/save all "cleaning" utilities listed:

http://www.bullguard.com/forum/10/Before-p...-log_43566.html

http://www.bullguard.com/forum/10/Browser-...http_46963.html

Next follow the instructions "TOUCH" recommends in second link above.

Again, if you have any hesitancy in undertaking this project, seek help from a friend who can provide "hands-on" assistance.

Good luck.

waldwolf

• 1 month later...

Hi

I was able to get rid of the bug (killvbs.vbs) with Nod32. At least I think it is gone. It was on my coms, my various pendrives, my camera, my ipod, my removable hards disks.......pretty much everyhhing that would connect via a USB. Other virus software could detect it, but couldn't kill it. Nod32 seems to have gotten the little bugger finally.