Japanese Ambassador to Thailand infected with Covid-19

webfact

JP.jpg

File photo: Japanese Embassy

The COVID-19 infection case of the Japanese Embassy Staff April 3, 2021

1. H.E. Ambassador Mr. Kazuya Nashida has been diagnosed as COVID-19 on the 3rd April.

2. H.E.Ambassador Mr. Nashida has been admitted in the local hospital and shows no severe symptoms under the appropriate medical treatment. The other Embassy staff who are suspicious of the high-risk close contacts have been monitored properly under the self-quarantine. For those who are suspicious of the high-risk close contacts among the Japanese, Thai or other citizens, the Embassy of Japan is in the process to contact them individually.

3. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Japan will continue to take necessary measures to prevent the infection of COVID-19 and to minimize the spread of the infection.

Source: Embassy of Japan in Thailand

I wish him a speedy recovery.  When, where, and how was he infected is something that needs to be answered.  Has Japan opened its embassy up to folks requiring assistance, I have not even seen anyone outside the guards shack on wireless road when I have walked by for sometime.  If it was from staff then I worry about the Area surrounding the embassy and even Lumpini Park.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wish him a speedy recovery.  When, where, and how was he infected is something that needs to be answered.  Has Japan opened its embassy up to folks requiring assistance, I have not even seen anyone outside the guards shack on wireless road when I have walked by for sometime.  If it was from staff then I worry about the Area surrounding the embassy and even Lumpini Park.

I wonder if there's enough fully controlled quarantine and regular testing going on?

Is quarantine done within the premises of the embassy and under full systems / regulations as laid down for ASQ hotels etc? Are the rooms used appropriate, especially in terms of air-conditioning set up?

And more...

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The very fact that somebody of such stature could possibly contract Covid 19, tells to me that this thing is really a lot more widely spread than we are led to believe.

A speedy and full recovery to you Sir.

My sentiments exactly, the Japanese ambassador would, by the nature of his employment, be subject to far greater covid screening for himself and the people that he meets,  unlike the vast majority of the general public, yet he still  becomes infected.

Look at Malaysia and Myanmar's figures then could someone please explain Thailand's figures.