No restrictions on domestic travel for Songkran: Anutin

snoop1130

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This includes anyone travelling from Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan and Nakhon Pathom, which are expected to shortly be formally confirmed as so-called ‘Red Zones’ by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

It's okay for him to sit back and say it's safe to travel nationwide.... 

AKA "Two jabs Anutin" !!

TBH I stay at home because I am in the 'at risk group', age, weight & high blood pressure, I have no need to visit go - go's, girlie bars or anything else thank you, me & the mrs go out to eat occasionally, I have a few beers in the week with a couple of others in a similar situation, and I'm quite content listening to the radio and watching movies & TV shows.

Why would I risk my health & life for taking a risk in a place that cares nothing for my safety & wellbeing and only wants my money ?? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

When govt is irresponsible, it's up to citizens to take the lead. STAY HOME! CANCEL SONGKRAN!

Personal responsibility unfortunately is not big here.  It is sad that common sense is always lacking when Sanuk is wanted.  Just like throwing the baby out with the bathwater analogy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bdenner said:

Can't wait for the village to be inundated with the usual hordes of travellers from Bangkok and the South. A large number of families here have close ties to Sumat Sakon and surrounding areas.

Hope the Udon Thani public hospital is prepared for a sharp rise in Covid-19 cases. I believe we have zero at the moment

I ask:- Why hasn't the Songkran festivities been heavily curtailed as it was last year? The pandemic in Thailand is MUCH worse now than April 2020.

I'm going into self isolation!
Call me paranoid? = You betcha.

Udon has 3 new cases In Udon Hospital. 2 on Monday and 1 yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Most of the Money " Generated " during this Holiday is not" Generated " at all.

Its the same money that has been in circulation for ages. Just some of it may go into different Bank Accounts, such as " Singha Corp ", " CP " and " PTT ". as people use Gasoline to travel, and spend most of their Songkran Holiday lazing around drinking Booze and eating.

I do not know about you but if I go away I tend to spend more money than sat at home ,yes Mr Sing and Mr CP will be happy ,so will the shops in the local Soi's that sell their  products.

With some people it is still only the holiday  times when they get together ,farm near me is the case, twice a year the family get together ,son comes up from Bangkok ,and I am only 140 km from Bangkok .not the 500 km to the top end of Issan like some people .

Back in 1997 in the big crash Thailand borrowed a record amount from the World Bank and IMF ,it was Tucksin that make the final payment back to the IMF WB, in record time it was said at the time Thailand just spent its way back to recovery.

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

This year, we've gone directly from winter into rainy season. The hot, humid weather we had last year that seems to block Covid isn't happening. And the rainier it gets, the more people will cluster together inside. All increasing the chance for Covid transmission.

The virus will love the moist humid rainy season  . Items that transmit the virus include public transport ( especially grab handles ) escalator handrails , 

ATM buttons ,  paper money , pens and books used to sign in at shops ( always gel after signing in and out ) , shopping trolleys and baskets  ( after loading your car , return the trolley and then use gel  ), public toilets ( especially door handles )  . Supermarket shelved products that will have been touched by many other customers .  Bars and restaurants where your guard is dropped and no social distancing  , mama and papa shops , street food where there is little if any hygiene .

Maybe time to hibernate for a month or two .    

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 9:58 PM, ukrules said:

We now have limited outbreaks in Bangkok, starting this weekend the masses begin to travel.

Despite their efforts at contact tracing I doubt they will manage to locate them all before Songkran.

I know for sure that many of the Thais with plenty of money like to come to Hua Hin, they rent large party type houses, some of them bring whole teams of uniformed chefs and waiters to cater to their needs - I've seen them.

I'm sure they also travel to many other places in Thailand.

He's making a mistake here, it will spread and this is the perfect time for it to spread.

Your right one of my Thai friends looks after one of these properties, it runs from the road to the beach, has huge accomadion for guests as well as 

catering, we can park there and use the beach if we like. 

There are many properties like this, add that to the ones that own apartments and flock to Cha Amm every Friday and maybe a big outbreak in Huahin is on the cards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, superal said:

The virus will love the moist humid rainy season

The opposite of what you said is true.

Respiratory viruses like cool dry air, water content in the air prevents them from working at maximum capacity = reduced transmission.

This is why you're seeing the large COVID outbreaks in winter, cooler air with reduced relative humidity / reduced absolute humidity - less water vapour in the air.

Move water vapour in the air = less viable virus transmission.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

This includes anyone travelling from Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan and Nakhon Pathom, which are expected to shortly be formally confirmed as so-called ‘Red Zones’ by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)

With Songkran going ahead full bore... makes perfect sense, what could possibly go wrong?

Two Jabs Anutin is safe, while the rest of the population take their chances.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Don’t be surprised if the holiday is cancelled in the next 24/48 hours as it appears Covid is tearing its ugly head in the Kingdom

Don't be surprised if it's not... money comes before safety of the population.

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Don't be surprised if it's not... money comes before safety of the population.

It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation I am afraid. Be safe folks in whatever you do.  Looked in the parking Area this morning for the hotel we are in and more Bangkok plated cars have arrived. Seems there is a wedding scheduled here for the weekend.

• Haha 1