No restrictions on domestic travel for Songkran: Anutin

snoop1130

14 hours ago, PatOngo said:

If you've got it, spread it! ????

It's out there, and these guys don't give a hoot, money first every time.

Self protection is the only way from now on.

Those who don't take the risks, so let them party and suffer later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smedly said:

this is a profound error

he is now putting the whole country at severe risk of massive spread and a future country wide lockdown - there can be only one explanation for this blatant foolishness - a national lockdown is what they want

Just take a look at Australia, 3 day lockdown in Brisbane with less than 10 cases. Problem resolved! No cases in Victoria!

When will Thailand wake up to the fact that this may well be the start of the 3rd wave “ Thailand entering third wave of COVID-19 infections – Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha“! 

I will be staying home during Songkran and I suggest you do too!

"Mr Anutin said that it was tradition that people should want to return home to make merit with family."

In our Issan village they mostly just drink and argue.  If we have to do any driving for supplies we try to do it early before they start drinking and driving.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kickstart said:

It must have been about this time last year ,when they shut down all the pubs bars etc in Bangkok ,and all the workers went back home to Issan ,tv showed Morchit ,the Northern and NE bus station full  of people travelling ,just like Songkran and the New year ,and then no new cases were recorded in Issan 

Same with the new year the Bangkok exodus  no new or very few cases reported. 

The government are thinking the same again ,and of course they are thinking about the money that will be spent during the holiday ,helping to regenerate the economy 

Most of the Money " Generated " during this Holiday is not" Generated " at all.

Its the same money that has been in circulation for ages. Just some of it may go into different Bank Accounts, such as " Singha Corp ", " CP " and " PTT ". as people use Gasoline to travel, and spend most of their Songkran Holiday lazing around drinking Booze and eating.

• Like 2

Covid isn't going anywhere, so do all the lockdown advocates suggest continuing with this for years?  Thailand has never had a proper lockdown like they had in Wuhan, and hopefully never will.  Half-hearted lockdowns like the ones in April 2020 and January 2021 had minimal effect and caused severe economic and other hardships.  We need to learn how to live with the virus but partial lockdowns aren't the answer.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChiangMaiCal said:

This guy needs to listen to Dr Thiravat Hemachudha. To encourage domestic travel at the start of a 3rd wave of infection transmission is irresponsible in the extreme, and will result in dozens of needless deaths plus economic catastrophe. Plus set back the time when Thailand can join Australia / New Zealand / Vietnam travel bubble and I can see my wife again after more than 1 year.

Out of interest, what is preventing you seeing your wife?  

He needs to coordinate with his manager.

When even one single small politcal party can't coordinate messages with one single province (their home base no less), one wonders how the larger "government" manages to function.

This is like graduate level buffoonery.

• Like 1

And so now it is official government policy to freely spread the virus throughout the country as people want to make merit - by possibly giving the deadly virus to the same people they are there to make merit for. Interesting concept. Very Thai-style thinking (they haven't a clue what they are doing).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kickstart said:

It must have been about this time last year ,when they shut down all the pubs bars etc in Bangkok ,and all the workers went back home to Issan ,tv showed Morchit ,the Northern and NE bus station full  of people travelling ,just like Songkran and the New year ,and then no new cases were recorded in Issan 

Same with the new year the Bangkok exodus  no new or very few cases reported. 

The government are thinking the same again ,and of course they are thinking about the money that will be spent during the holiday ,helping to regenerate the economy 

You need to actually take a covid test to be declared positive.

No test - no covid

18 hours ago, smedly said:

this is a profound error

he is now putting the whole country at severe risk of massive spread and a future country wide lockdown - there can be only one explanation for this blatant foolishness - a national lockdown is what they want

Yes!! It totally contradicts the other TV headline where it states Thailand is on the brink of a 3rd Covid wave outbreak!!!!!????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

So that statement must make it official.

They want to spread the virus around.

If a virus could smile it would be.

Lockdown 3 weeks after on the cards, all for what ? Some internal spending

International arrivals of any quantity 18 months away

• Like 2

I will be self isolating in my house until the hordes have returned to whence they came, as all festivities are banned.

I forsee another lockdown upon the horizon in May as the hordes freely spread the virus all over the country next week.

The Muppets are chafing at the bit for it hence the increased state of emergency to stop all opposition to their incompetence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Covid isn't going anywhere, so do all the lockdown advocates suggest continuing with this for years?  Thailand has never had a proper lockdown like they had in Wuhan, and hopefully never will.  Half-hearted lockdowns like the ones in April 2020 and January 2021 had minimal effect and caused severe economic and other hardships.  We need to learn how to live with the virus but partial lockdowns aren't the answer.

Lockdowns, partial or otherwise, are never meant to be an answer. They are meant to buy time until an answer is developed, ie a vaccine.

In that respect, Thailand’s lockdowns have worked pretty well. Whether more lockdowns are required primarily depends on the speed of vaccine roll out. Unfortunately it’s going at a snails pace so far. So more lockdowns, partial, local, total, will inevitably be required.

but in any case saying lockdowns don’t work in helping to live with Covid is like kicking the dog because it’s the wrong kind of cat. Lockdowns work for the purpose they are intended for, vaccines work for a totally different purpose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

We now have limited outbreaks in Bangkok, starting this weekend the masses begin to travel.

Despite their efforts at contact tracing I doubt they will manage to locate them all before Songkran.

I know for sure that many of the Thais with plenty of money like to come to Hua Hin, they rent large party type houses, some of them bring whole teams of uniformed chefs and waiters to cater to their needs - I've seen them.

I'm sure they also travel to many other places in Thailand.

He's making a mistake here, it will spread and this is the perfect time for it to spread.

"He's making a mistake here, it will spread and this is the perfect time for it to spread."

Anutin make a mistake? No, when the cases rocket, he'll just say he was misquoted, and ACTUALLY said :- 

"anyone returning to their home province for Songkran does not need needs to quarantine." 

2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes!! It totally contradicts the other TV headline where it states Thailand is on the brink of a 3rd Covid wave outbreak!!!!!????????????????????????????????

The only time that I know of when Anutin took the blindest bit of notice of what anybody else thinks was when the US Surgeon General, Dr Jerome Adams, said that the wearing of masks was unnecessary for the uninfected, Anutin changed his opinion.[18]

Now you rarely see him wearing a mask, (but says others should!) and he says there is no need for quarantine for people travelling home for Songkran. Including those travelling from "Red Zones" like Bangkok? 

"However, people should refrain from large gatherings or engage in activities that could increase the risk of the virus spreading,"

So, let's have some pre Songkran pics from the Bus Stations and Railway Stations in Bangkok showing people "refraining from large gatherings" while waiting to go home and "make merit" !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

The only time that I know of when Anutin took the blindest bit of notice of what anybody else thinks was when the US Surgeon General, Dr Jerome Adams, said that the wearing of masks was unnecessary for the uninfected, Anutin changed his opinion.[18]

Now you rarely see him wearing a mask, (but says others should!) and he says there is no need for quarantine for people travelling home for Songkran. Including those travelling from "Red Zones" like Bangkok? 

"However, people should refrain from large gatherings or engage in activities that could increase the risk of the virus spreading,"

So, let's have some pre Songkran pics from the Bus Stations and Railway Stations in Bangkok showing people "refraining from large gatherings" while waiting to go home and "make merit" !

4 minutes ago, sambum said: