More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

I haven't seen any postings about daily new Covid-cases since April 5th and April 7th from my two usual Thai-sources, perhaps it's not that interesting to share any more.

Probably not. The national numbers are the highest ever. However if restrictions are coming to an end then knowing how many have been reported on Samui is not that necessary.

I think what might be relevant is how these figures affect people...visitors residents and expats.

I can't travel easy between Thailand and Kaos yet and don't want to pick up Covid in Thailand. It will spoil my trip and of course restrict my travelling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

I haven't seen any postings about daily new Covid-cases since April 5th and April 7th from my two usual Thai-sources, perhaps it's not that interesting to share any more

It's like here in Pattaya, nobody cares anymore. 

It's like the normal flu, 

Got my my booster shot today, they did want to see my Swedish vaccine record.

Showed passport and asked for pzifer #3 and got it in 5 min. 

• Like 2

8th April 2022

Data is missing.

9th April 2022

Samui, +268 new cases

Phangan, +39 new cases

Koh Tao, no data

Source: Kohmui.com

10th April 2022

Samui, +193 new cases

Phangan, +37 new cases

Koh Tao, no data

• Like 2

How many are being hospitalised, how is the situation re beds and people off work?

Another matter for concern is the high numbers of infection and lead to variants. This could set the whole thi g back a year or more.

Are the cases locals or foreigners or Thai visitors? Foreigners could potentially bring strains from all over the world.

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

How many are being hospitalised, how is the situation re beds and people off work?

Another matter for concern is the high numbers of infection and lead to variants. This could set the whole thi g back a year or more.

Are the cases locals or foreigners or Thai visitors? Foreigners could potentially bring strains from all over the world.

Many tourists here walking around without a mask. I think that people have come on holiday and just want to try and forget about Covid.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 9:55 AM, phetphet said:

Many tourists here walking around without a mask. I think that people have come on holiday and just want to try and forget about Covid.

Doesn't answer the question though, does it?

Interesting that Koh Tao is not releasing figures. The nabobs on this island seem to be a law unto themselves. 

I'd like to know how many visitors to the island turn up rlsewhere with Covid.

An overall view of Thailand shows the healthcare service is increasingly under stress due to hospital admissions for Covid.

I'm sure many people are still very uncomfortable about visiting Thailand at all....least of all an island that isn't releasing their Covid figures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

Interesting that Koh Tao is not releasing figures. The nabobs on this island seem to be a law unto themselves. 

I'd like to know how many visitors to the island turn up rlsewhere with Covid.

An overall view of Thailand shows the healthcare service is increasingly under stress due to hospital admissions for Covid.

I'm sure many people are still very uncomfortable about visiting Thailand at all....least of all an island that isn't releasing their Covid figures.

Koh Tao is releasing figurs, but not quoted by the source Kohmui.com. The other of my two Thai sources that had been quoting Koh Tao numbers, has not shared any Covid-data for a while. You might be able to search the figurs in Thai language on Google, if you find a site, please share it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

No Covid-data found for the 18th and 19th April.

20th April 2022

Samui, +34 new cases

Phangan, no data

Koh Tao, no data

Only 34? That is a drop. I expected to see numbers start climbing after Songkran and Full Moon Party.

I am five days into positive ATK and self quarantine myself. Temp back to normal. Minor symptoms almost gone.

• Like 1

It now seems the THAI authorities are dropping PCR testing and one night initial quarantining anyway. Just the thailand pass will be required.

This undoubtedly will help restore visitor numbers.

There will no doubt be a few who want want to holiday in a country with so many cases.

If however the virus variates for the worse,  then disaster would follow unless we have reached herd immunity levels.

21 minutes ago, phetphet said:

GF's 9 year old daughter is now on her second infection in ten weeks. Most likely caught it from me at home.

It's everywhere here in Samui now.

Interesting...I went through covid with my gf 3 weeks ago and was expecting to build extra immunity on top of my 3 Pfizer shots. Is her second infection asymptomatic?

No Covid-data found for April 22nd and so far for April 23rd.

I'm considering to stop looking for data to upload, as with the many holes, it makes the information fairly useless. As Covid-test of incoming vaccinated travellers also stops in about a week, it might be the end of useful data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

Interesting...I went through covid with my gf 3 weeks ago and was expecting to build extra immunity on top of my 3 Pfizer shots. Is her second infection asymptomatic?

Not asymptomatic. She is unvaccinated. Only 9 y.o.

1st case around first week of Feb. almost 40 degree temp and fever for one night.

Next morning felt brand new, but tested positive all week.

2nd case. Symptoms (sneezing and slight cough) appeared Wednesday night, but felt OK. Woke up Thursday feeling rough. Sore throat and cough, hoarse voice. Listless all day. Worsened as the day progressed with evening temp of 40. 2. Temperature dropped next day and started improving. Much improved today (Saturday).

She told me the second time felt much worse than the first.

I would have thought that she would have some immunity that would lessen any effects. But maybe a different strain this time.

I first showed symptoms last Saturday (triple vacc'd). Felt normal again by yesterday (Friday), but still testing positive today.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Not asymptomatic. She is unvaccinated. Only 9 y.o.

Much improved today (Saturday).

She told me the second time felt much worse than the first.

I would have thought that she would have some immunity that would lessen any effects. But maybe a different strain this time.

I first showed symptoms last Saturday (triple vacc'd). Felt normal again by yesterday (Friday), but still testing positive today.

Glad that she is feeling better. Tough for a 9 yo.

Doc told me that immunity starts ears off after three months. (I have had three jabs.)

Yes - maybe the second time is a different variant?

Good luck anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

GF's 9 year old daughter is now on her second infection in ten weeks. Most likely caught it from me at home.

It's everywhere here in Samui now.

Question - did the hospital give her any medicines to fight the virus? If so, did you have to pay for them?

Yet another of my staff now has Covid and she has had to ask me for an advance on salary.

They told her to quarantine at home but that she had to pay for the tablets - 2,000 baht or more.

When she told the clinic (Bophut) that she was fully paid up on Social Security, they said no matter. Now only children up to 2 years old get free medicine?

If she wants a doctor's certificate, she has to go to Nathon (whilst positive with Covid) and pay for it.

Previous staff with Covid have had the medicines/certificate for free.

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Question - did the hospital give her any medicines to fight the virus? If so, did you have to pay for them?

Yet another of my staff now has Covid and she has had to ask me for an advance on salary.

They told her to quarantine at home but that she had to pay for the tablets - 2,000 baht or more.

When she told the clinic (Bophut) that she was fully paid up on Social Security, they said no matter. Now only children up to 2 years old get free medicine?

If she wants a doctor's certificate, she has to go to Nathon (whilst positive with Covid) and pay for it.

Previous staff with Covid have had the medicines/certificate for free.

I didn't want to take her, but mum insisted so we went to Nathon the first time. They gave her a pulse oximeter, a thermometer, some paracetamol  and a course of Favirapir? (four or five tablets each morning and night.) Had to pay. Can't remember how much.

She had a real bad case of hives about three weeks later. Never happened before. Can't help thinking  the drugs might have been the trigger.

Just self quarantined for the second infection.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...