Non-Imm O-A question(s).

Hi.

Just a couple of questions.

How many months are you given to enter Thailand once your Issue date is stamped on your O-A visa?

*****I was given 6 months on “Enter before Date” using a METV visa.

If given a 1 year O-A visa for the first time, I have the following travel plans;

- Stay 8 months in Thailand,

- Return to U.S. for 4 months,

- Travel to Thailand 2 weeks prior to O-A expiration date.

Will I still be qualified to get stamped a second 12 month extension at Suvarnabhumi Bangkok airport?

Other than extending my Insurance coverage another 12 months, do I need to prepare/show anything else prior to leaving the (second time) for Thailand.?

Thanks.

A OA visa is valid for one year from the day it issued. I is a multiple entry visa that allows a one year permit to stay every time you enter the country up to the day it expires.

You need to have the 40/400k baht health insurance valid for one year every time you enter the country or you will only be allowed to stay up to the date it expires. 

You get a new permit to stay when you enter the country it is not a extension of your stay.

The visas one year validity starts from the day it is issued.

The one year permit to stay it allows starts from the day you enter the country.

You do not need a re-entry permit to keep your most recent permit to stay valid when you enter the the country until your visa expires.

Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.

On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa. For example, the period of stay for a transit visa is not exceeding 30 days, for a tourist visa is not exceeding 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa is not exceeding 90 or 365 days from the arrival date. The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp. Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for an extensions of stay at offices of the Immigration Bureau located in the provinces.

• Like 1