Buy flights and accomodation before visa?

image.png.f581bc12dc1246ca16e83c5e3727c868.png

Hi guys

The Thai Visa website is asking for confirmation of my flights and accommodation, but I thought you book that after the Visa has been given and the COE approved. I wouldn't want to invest money before being given the all clear.

image.png

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What visa are you applying for?

It is required for a tourist visa application.

You do not really need to worry about getting the certificate of entry.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am applying for a tourist Visa yeah, are there other visas that don't require pre booking flights and accommodation? (I'm from the UK)

2 minutes ago, Sean15 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am applying for a tourist Visa yeah, are there other visas that don't require pre booking flights and accommodation? (I'm from the UK)

You could enter visa exempt and get 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

You would may need a flight out of the country within 45 days that can be one way ticket to anywhere.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could enter visa exempt and get 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

You would may need a flight out of the country within 45 days that can be one way ticket to anywhere.

Ah I see , that is helpful. Do I just need a COE in that case? Sorry for all the questions 

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes that is all that is required. And of course a negative covid 19 test.

What about insurance? 

And you could stay for a maximum of 75 days, is that right Joe?

Do you know if it’s possible to convert visa exempt to a retirement visa for over 50’s?

40 minutes ago, robbioff said:

What about insurance? 
And you could stay for a maximum of 75 days, is that right Joe?

Do you know if it’s possible to convert visa exempt to a retirement visa for over 50’s?

You will need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for at least 45 days.

You can stay for a total of 75 days.

You can apply for a 90 day non-o visa for retirement and then the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

Requirements for the non-o visa is here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for at least 45 days.

You can stay for a total of 75 days.

You can apply for a 90 day non-o visa for retirement and then the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

Requirements for the non-o visa is here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

Thanks Joe. Is quarantine still required as a tourist? Hello guys. How much is a 50 year old looking at for 45days of covid insurance? Any recommendations? (cheapest)

2 minutes ago, robbioff said:

Thanks Joe. Is quarantine still required as a tourist? Hello guys. How much is a 50 year old looking at for 45days of covid insurance? Any recommendations? (cheapest)

Quarantine is required for all entries to the country. Certificate of entry website has info. 

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Cost for covid 19 insurance varies by the country you are traveling from on this site.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

9 minutes ago, robbioff said:

Quarantaine still required as a tourist, and depending on vaccination status and country of origin it would be 15, 10 or 7 days.

A worthwhile insurance for a 50 year old entering Visa Exempt (thus requiring a 45 day covid-19 coverage insurance) would probably be

> SafetyWing travel-insurance <https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance/pricing > with a fee of 163.35 US $ for a 45-day period of coverage in the age bracket 50-59 years of age.

That travel-insurance does not only meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage but will also provide you with decent coverage for ANY accident/illness you might incur while in Thailand.

Another and surely cheapest option >

When entering Thailand on an Emirates-flight the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance is provided FREE of charge and is included in the flight-ticket price.   You can't get much cheaper than that.  However, as the coverage is only 30 days for a one-way flight, you would need to book a return-flight with return date AFTER the permission to stay date (45 days) you would receive on entry, as in that case Emirates covers your full trip with that free 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance.  When booking a flexible ticket you could of course use that return-leg at a date of your convenience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Quarantaine still required as a tourist, and depending on vaccination status and country of origin it would be 15, 10 or 7 days.

A worthwhile insurance for a 50 year old entering Visa Exempt (thus requiring a 45 day covid-19 coverage insurance) would probably be

> SafetyWing travel-insurance <https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance/pricing > with a fee of 163.35 US $ for a 45-day period of coverage in the age bracket 50-59 years of age.

That travel-insurance does not only meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage but will also provide you with decent coverage for ANY accident/illness you might incur while in Thailand.

Another and surely cheapest option >

When entering Thailand on an Emirates-flight the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance is provided FREE of charge and is included in the flight-ticket price.   You can't get much cheaper than that.  However, as the coverage is only 30 days for a one-way flight, you would need to book a return-flight with return date AFTER the permission to stay date (45 days) you would receive on entry, as in that case Emirates covers your full trip with that free 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance.  When booking a flexible ticket you could of course use that return-leg at a date of your convenience.

Thanks Peter. Very useful information!