Owner savaged by Pit Bull dies - "Giant" is sad in his new home but settling in

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He reported that Giant appeared "sad" and would need careful handling and attitude adjustment to accustom him to his new surroundings and lower his stress levels.

Best of luck with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If the article I read was accurate it happened when the owner was asleep, so no recent provocation.... or exceptional cunning on the dog's part.

What proof is there that the owner was asleep? He may have been hit and missed and took liberties with the dog. Still no excuse.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

What proof is there that the owner was asleep? He may have been hit and missed and took liberties with the dog. Still no excuse.

Try reading the Pattaya mail

Pattaya pet owner died after his Pitbull attacked him in his sleep. Wisit Sanguanmak, 56, died early April 16 at Banglamung Hospital of complications from massive blood loss, his wife Wanpen Kumkong told the media. Wisit was hospitalized after his 2-year-old Pitbull, Giant, woke from a nap and suddenly attacked his sleeping owner, tearing […]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Try reading the Pattaya mail

Pattaya pet owner died after his Pitbull attacked him in his sleep. Wisit Sanguanmak, 56, died early April 16 at Banglamung Hospital of complications from massive blood loss, his wife Wanpen Kumkong told the media. Wisit was hospitalized after his 2-year-old Pitbull, Giant, woke from a nap and suddenly attacked his sleeping owner, tearing […]

As a previous poster said, 'if the report is accurate?'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

In many (most?all?) countries, if your dog mauls someone, it is legally your fault.

So to coin a phrase 'it was his own fault.' I'm not intending to make light of this. RIP

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

I'm not sure of the best way round for this, some people are blindingly stupid or is it stupidly blind.......sigh - shakes head in disbelief, you do understand the law here don't you ? I can't imagine a newspaper printing something they could be sued for.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody unbelievable, what are those clowns thinking?

Poor owner dead, yet a bunch of clowns think they can retrain a  killer dog, what the hell are they on? Loony pills maybe.????

You know nothing a out dogs then! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

You know nothing a out dogs then! 

I can't wait to read about the new owner being mauled then, sorry but these dogs should be banned, as they are in many countries, they are like a top of the range pickup for Thai males & probably some members here, they are a substitute for small d...s.

• Thanks 1

Owner went to the Sawan.

The loyal dog should follow....

The owner was stupid and paid for it.

This dog is a killer. 

And deserves nothing else but to pay for it.

No nicknames and new home will change it to a risk to take to keep.

If want a dog, there is millions here, who need a home and not a savage killer.

F. the PC BS narrative!

Long live the common sense!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody unbelievable, what are those clowns thinking?

Poor owner dead, yet a bunch of clowns think they can retrain a  killer dog, what the hell are they on? Loony pills maybe.????

Dogs don't get born to be  killer dogs. Wrong handling is the problem. Pitbulls are great dogs. Any mistreated dog gets vicious.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

It may have happened just as reported.

But I hope they did a proper autopsy on the guy.  The idea of a dog just waking up and attacking his sleeping owner seems less likely than someone beating the guy to death in his sleep and blaming it on the dog.

I don't think pit bulls are any more likely to go off than a chihuahua.  But when one does go off, it has the equipment to do some real damage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mikebell said:

I am not a Thai basher but a dog-owner basher.  Working dogs would be spared my world wide cull of these muck-making, disease-spreading, accident-causing beasts.  The dog population in Thailand is out of control and locals hide behind Buddhism to avoid doing what is necessary.

OK, so when you go back to your Homecountry.......

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

ALL Pit bulls are untrustworthy, just look up the stats on the numbers killed and injured by these monsters. They have been bred for violence and no amount of training can alter their nature. They are banned in 12 countries and in some states for a reason, they are killers given half a chance. Of course the 'pittie' owners always claim their dog would not harm a fly!

Utterly nonsense!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2