Best car for under 4,000,000

pedro01

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

overpriced !

it seems that any japanese car that is a bit better than the usual $$hit trucks and vios are more expensive than good benz and bmw !

who really spends 5 millions on a $$$hit jap car ?!

Yeah - wouldn't spend 4 million on a BMW in case someone hits it - would spend it on a higher priced Lexus. 

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Only some cars are more expensive, and only some food is cheaper. Houses are only cheaper in the less popular areas. 

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=London&country2=Thailand&city2=Bangkok

Lifestyle costing 100,000 Baht in BKK would cost you 206,000 in London.

106,000 a month x 48 months = 1 new Z4 M40i convertible + a number of hp endings.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, Excel said:

Yes quite a transformation, wouldn't touch a LR or Jag in the UK for the simple reason of their unreliability. In comes the Indians with Tata and yes what a turnaround. Same can be said for Geely and Volvo, staid old fashioned cars living out their lives on the "safety" image and look at them now. Taken over by Ford who managed to lose further value as a volume car maker until Geely came along. 

Do you have those door handles that pop out?

When I was there a couple of weeks back - they looked and felt awfully flimsy. I'm generally a bit clumsy and I felt like I'd get through quite a lot of them

A showstopper from top to bottom, the New Range Rover Evoque has flush door  handles, sleek headli… | Range rover evoque, The new range rover, New range  rover evoque

Or are they stronger than they look?

40 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Unless I literally had money to burn I couldn't spend that kinda dish on those cars. They'd be practically half the price in US.

A 3xx series BMW for 4m 555 no thanks.

I think most 3's are way under that. 320d 2.5M, 330e M Sport 2.77M.

It's when you get to the M340i XDrive that the price hikes by another million.

330e M Sport

Thailand - US$88,840

USA - US$49,345 - but that probably doesn't include sales tax

Denmark - $76,764

Singapore - $220,249

So it's expensive to an American (but I am sure you have to add sales tax), slightly more expensive to a Dane and almost a 3rd of the price to a Singaporean.

7 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I think most 3's are way under that. 320d 2.5M, 330e M Sport 2.77M.

It's when you get to the M340i XDrive that the price hikes by another million.

330e M Sport

Thailand - US$88,840

USA - US$49,345 - but that probably doesn't include sales tax

Denmark - $76,764

Singapore - $220,249

So it's expensive to an American (but I am sure you have to add sales tax), slightly more expensive to a Dane and almost a 3rd of the price to a Singaporean.

Sales tax depending on the state will be about 3,500 US. So that's still well under 55k US. But hey, it's your money.

I don't think the 3 series age well either. That's a bit of a special model. I'd rather have a standard 5 series with nice seats and a proper sound system.

Lexus are nice and maintenance free. My mother had a Lexus and traded it for a Mercedes. She liked the Lexus more. Realize you're after a sport car and she's a granny. I thought the sound system way better in the Lexus.

Edited by kynikoi

3 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Sales tax depending on the state will be about 3,500 US. So that's still well under 55k US. But hey, it's your money.

I don't think the 3 series age well either. That's a bit of a special model. I'd rather have a standard 5 series with nice seats and a proper sound system.

Lexus are nice and maintenance free. My mother had a Lexus and traded it for a Mercedes. She liked the Lexus more. Realize you're after a sport car and she's a granny. I thought the sound system way better in the Lexus.

Yeah - not getting a 3 series - my last BMW was a 5 that I replaced with an AMG Coupe - because the need for a family car isn't so strong.

What I will say about the 3 is that it seems to have got quite a lot bigger. The 330e engine is pretty quick and the M340i is one of those "car lover" things. Our neighbours have a 330e and I'm still trying to find an excuse to take it for a spin to see if it's way different to the 3 I had 6/7 years ago.

Lexus are more expensive that BMW & Benz here - we did check them out - at their Sukhumvit showroom - but they didn't have much in the showroom at all. We didn't check out the sound system - as the prices scared us off!

Edited by pedro01

Okay, so the OP has had a lot of suggestions and discussion ... he has now ordered the new car. 

Maybe the OP will want to say a few words and post a few pictures of the new car when it comes, if so start a new topic.

CLOSED    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1