Can't Lose Weight

Neeranam

On 4/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, Neeranam said:

2 weeks ago, I started cutting out an evening meal, drinking only a fruit/vegetable shake. I only eat weetabix and mango for breakfast and 2 sandwiches(4 slices of loaf) for lunch. The only other thing I eat is mixed nuts in the evening when very hungry. 

I was 89 kg and dropped to 87 kg, but now 88 kg. I am 190 cm tall.

I also run 25 km per week. 

What could I be doing wrong? 

If within just 2 weeks your weight has dropped just continue doing it with some changes for a longer time. Remember that 60% of your body weight is water and that water weight changes day by day. Many people expect to loose weight quickly, but in reality it takes quite some time. With a light diet you might loose 1 pound of real  body weight per week, not per day. 1 pound of fat is equivalent to about 3,000 to 3,500 calories and daily intake without dieting is depending on the person around 2,200 or so. That means if you decrease your daily intake by 500 calories it will take 1 week to loose 1 pound. And you should include more vegetables in your daily intake. And mango as others mentioned has too much sugar and this breakfast weetabix and mango will make you more hungry. Try an sugarfree oat meal and an apple (low sugar, high fiber) instead. And no sandwiches for lunch, try brown rice with low fat meat or fish.

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:25 PM, msbkk said:

If within just 2 weeks your weight has dropped just continue doing it with some changes for a longer time. Remember that 60% of your body weight is water and that water weight changes day by day. Many people expect to loose weight quickly, but in reality it takes quite some time. With a light diet you might loose 1 pound of real  body weight per week, not per day. 1 pound of fat is equivalent to about 3,000 to 3,500 calories and daily intake without dieting is depending on the person around 2,200 or so. That means if you decrease your daily intake by 500 calories it will take 1 week to loose 1 pound. And you should include more vegetables in your daily intake. And mango as others mentioned has too much sugar and this breakfast weetabix and mango will make you more hungry. Try an sugarfree oat meal and an apple (low sugar, high fiber) instead. And no sandwiches for lunch, try brown rice with low fat meat or fish.

Actually, the mango has been replaced by grapes. 79 kg now, maybe below my ideal weight. I'm 6'4".

• 2 months later...

well i think i consider myself an expert on this topic but my method is extreme and considered impossible by many doctors. 

in my point of view and my blood tests tell me i am the most healthy man in the world also my current doctor lost 20kg following my diet and he is now taking care of my family for free when i have problem :)

i have been following this diet for almost 11 years now  drug free!!!

when i first start i was diabetic level 2... high blood tension patient  relied on pills for blood pressure and high colesterol had a hard time walking even at the age of 33 i was almost on death row.

i am 44 next month 

100-120kg age  18- 33

62-65 kg age 33-44

i can give some advice but i really hate getting in discussions about this topic believe me i am tired.

even some doctors still don't believe what i do daily.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, lambaci said:

well i think i consider myself an expert on this topic but my method is extreme and considered impossible by many doctors. 

in my point of view and my blood tests tell me i am the most healthy man in the world also my current doctor lost 20kg following my diet and he is now taking care of my family for free when i have problem :)

when i first start i was diabetic level 2... high blood tension patient  relied on pills for blood pressure and high colesterol had a hard time walking even at the age of 33 i was almost on death row.

i am 44 next month 

100-120kg age  18- 33

62-65 kg age 33-44

i can give some advice but i really hate getting in discussions about this topic believe me i am tired.

what garbage are you selling? just post it on here, no PMs

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lambaci said:

i am 44 next month 

100-120kg age  18- 33

62-65 kg age 33-44

I lost 60kg last year.

OMAD diet.

I only ate lunch, Pre-cooked meals at home portioned out to 500gm a meal.

I do intermittent fasting, 12-15 hrs a day.  Usually stop eating between 2100-2400 hrs, then first meal is around noon the following day.  So half of that while sleeping.  Have morning coffee, and read, walk at park w/dog.   No food cravings at all.  If busy, might not even eat till 1500 hrs.

Eat anything I want, and best thing so far that's worked.

• Like 1

this forum is a little aggressive towards each other. High stress also is a by product of eating habits. when your diet consists of unhealthy foods that also  leads to hormonal-insulin disorders . i don't have time to argue anonymous people on internet. i suggest same to you.

ralf is on right track. instead of attacking him you can listen or if you dont want to listen you can just ignore.

i am not selling anything. But i don't want personal attacks from doctors following this forum 

if you want to pay money to lose weight i think you are doing something very wrong and not so smart 🙂

it is not 80's anymore everything you need to learn is free on internet no need to follow magazines or go dietist.

Just flip that food pyramid upside down and you can start losing weight

here is what i don't sell

control your insulin and you can start lose weight

to control your insulin cut all that carbohydrates from your diet

there is no such thing as you need carbs to live you can live without it 

start eat healthy fat lots of it can be butter-olive oil-bacon-egg yolks-lard-tuna-coconut oil

never ever eat sugar again i am sorry but also no fruits

no pizza-burger-beer-pasta-whole grain bread-wine-pad thai-fried banana

can have some whisky or vodka time to time

calories are a myth don't count calories don't count how much you eat just eat until you are full

when you cut sugar-carbs from your diet you won't be able to eat 3 times a day anyway because your insulin levels will be stable and you will get full quick. just let the nature do its job.

now majority of doctors will tell you opposite

but look all around you at least half of the middle age westerners are obese and diabetic i saw many at thailand  my age can't even walk straight go everywhere with taxi. they have the best doctors take care of them yet they are sick. 

in the end it is up to you no one can lose weight for you you have to do it yourself. 

please no personal attack

thank you

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I do intermittent fasting, 12-15 hrs a day.  Usually stop eating between 2100-2400 hrs, then first meal is around noon the following day.  So half of that while sleeping.  Have morning coffee, and read, walk at park w/dog.   No food cravings at all.  If busy, might not even eat till 1500 hrs.

Eat anything I want, and best thing so far that's worked.

Same here. I don’t eat breakfast and then am not hungry for lunch and only in the evening do I start to feel hungry. So I have a dinner and supplement it with a large variety of <deleted>ty snacks during the course of the evening. I’ve been on the same weight for the past 25 years with a bmi of 20. I rarely drink alcohol though. Even when hungry I find it’s a feeling fairly easy to ignore. 
However, I recently visited my elderly parents in a cold country for 6 weeks, and in those six weeks I gained just over 10% in weight. Purely from having 3 ‘healthy’ meals a day. I needed the food to keep warm, and starting every day with bread rolls and a croissant would just make me extremely hungry again within hours. Now back in Thailand for 8 weeks and I’m almost back down to my weight from before by going back to one or 1.5 meal a day. If I feel hungry during the day I take a spoon of full fat mayonnaise and the hunger feeling will disappear within minutes and be gone for hours. No amount of carbs can do that for me. 

I have spent 15 years reading books and examining my life style eating habits. Here are 3 books any one of these will get you on the right track.

Trust me it works when you get serious.

Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
Robert H. Lustig
51hhpJJxocL.SX150.jpg
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
Gary Taubes

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Timothy Ferriss
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 3:48 AM, Gulfsailor said:

Same here. I don’t eat breakfast and then am not hungry for lunch and only in the evening do I start to feel hungry. So I have a dinner and supplement it with a large variety of <deleted>ty snacks during the course of the evening. I’ve been on the same weight for the past 25 years with a bmi of 20. I rarely drink alcohol though. Even when hungry I find it’s a feeling fairly easy to ignore. 
However, I recently visited my elderly parents in a cold country for 6 weeks, and in those six weeks I gained just over 10% in weight. Purely from having 3 ‘healthy’ meals a day. I needed the food to keep warm, and starting every day with bread rolls and a croissant would just make me extremely hungry again within hours. Now back in Thailand for 8 weeks and I’m almost back down to my weight from before by going back to one or 1.5 meal a day. If I feel hungry during the day I take a spoon of full fat mayonnaise and the hunger feeling will disappear within minutes and be gone for hours. No amount of carbs can do that for me. 

Try to avoid eating before bed.

I went OMAD choosing lunch time for my meal... I do not like to go to bed with a belly full of food.

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, BritManToo said:

OP wants to lose weight. That's not the same as eating a healthy diet.

Then he is wasting his time. If you feel well that's what matters.