Can't Lose Weight

Neeranam

5 minutes ago, Brierley said:

You are so excitable, I only asked you how old you are and I told you why I asked, are you unable to debate these things without attacking all the time or thinking you're being challenged? You're the weight loss expert, the god, we all accept your superior knowledge and everyone else is a duff and knows nothing...OK now, can you please just chill a little bit!

No need to accept my knowledge at all, i would just settle for you being correct in what you post. That would give me far more satisfaction. 

I

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Calories in Vs calories out. Create a deficit and you WILL lose weight. Also check your macros. An app like MyFitnessPal helps you do that. 
Keep pushing 

I feel like I'm constantly in calorie deficit, my caloric intake is often around 800 calories per day yet I still don't lose weight. But there again, I'm 72 years old so my metabolism is way slow....which is why I asked earlier for posters to say their age. Plus I run 4 miles every morning yet unless I eat grass for three meals a day, I don't lose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to accept my knowledge at all, i would just settle for you being correct in what you post. That would give me far more satisfaction. 

I

I'm going to take the unusual step of putting you on ignore, I suggest for the sake of your blood pressure you do likewise in return, that way you won't have to fret about my posts.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brierley said:

I'm going to take the unusual step of putting you on ignore, I suggest for the sake of your blood pressure you do likewise in return, that way you won't have to fret about my posts.

First person that puts me on ignore i feel honored. And you don't influence my blood pressure at all. It only takes me a bit of time to dispel your posts. But its time well spend. You seem to think that i think i know it all.

IF there is one thing i have learned is that there is no best way to diet. Its highly individual as long as a caloric deficit is created and all calories count.

I did a keto diet for 6 months, went from 110kg to 95kg, was fairly easy to follow and even cheated a few times as well. Stopped it 6 months ago and went back to 100kg but sitting steady on it. Your diet is not a good one for loosing weight, you need to research the food you eat, check out a keto diet, for me it took a few weeks to kick in but then weight loss was fairly regular, since stopping my weight varies depending again on what I eat, cant do a lot of physical exercise due to an old injury but walk a few days a week just not big distances, I am 67

Edited by seajae

9 minutes ago, seajae said:

I did a keto diet for 6 months, went from 110kg to 95kg, was fairly easy to follow and even cheated a few times as well. Stopped it 6 months ago and went back to 100kg but sitting steady on it. Your diet is not a good one for loosing weight, you need to research the food you eat, check out a keto diet, for me it took a few weeks to kick in but then weight loss was fairly regular, since stopping my weight varies depending again on what I eat, cant do a lot of physical exercise due to an old injury but walk a few days a week just not big distances, I am 67

Keto works but so do other diets its not superior (the article with reference to studies). In reality it all comes down to eating less.

If Keto helps you do that then use it. For some keto works great for others it does not. Same goes for other diets.

IMHO its all about finding what suits you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/01/21/keto-diet-study/

1 hour ago, Brierley said:

I feel like I'm constantly in calorie deficit, my caloric intake is often around 800 calories per day yet I still don't lose weight. But there again, I'm 72 years old so my metabolism is way slow....which is why I asked earlier for posters to say their age. Plus I run 4 miles every morning yet unless I eat grass for three meals a day, I don't lose.

that does seem to be awfully low with no result. On the other hand you may be starving yourself which can have a detrimental effect as well. 
As I mentioned use an app to track your food and macros, you may be quite surprised at what you think hot cals/macros are to the reality of it 

Just now, MadMuhammad said:

that does seem to be awfully low with no result. On the other hand you may be starving yourself which can have a detrimental effect as well. 
As I mentioned use an app to track your food and macros, you may be quite surprised at what you think hot cals/macros are to the reality of it 

In fact I do. I use a sports watch to measure my exercise...distance, pace, heart rate, etc. Plus I use long standing Glycemic Index Tables to measure my intake. I also used a second site for precise measurement of food content but I dropped that when it all became repetitive. Granted I no longer weigh quantities because I know them so well, at least my wife does but I'm very confident my daily intake is under 1,000 cals. per day, 98% of the time.  Repetitious? Yes, Boring? at times, Healthy? Yes, weight loss inducing? not too much but I can hold level so not a total loss. BTW I prioritize healthy over weight loss, balance is important to me hence it would be difficult for me to cut mush more out of my diet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brierley said:

In fact I do. I use a sports watch to measure my exercise...distance, pace, heart rate, etc. Plus I use long standing Glycemic Index Tables to measure my intake. I also used a second site for precise measurement of food content but I dropped that when it all became repetitive. Granted I no longer weigh quantities because I know them so well, at least my wife does but I'm very confident my daily intake is under 1,000 cals. per day, 98% of the time.  Repetitious? Yes, Boring? at times, Healthy? Yes, weight loss inducing? not too much but I can hold level so not a total loss. BTW I prioritize healthy over weight loss, balance is important to me hence it would be difficult for me to cut mush more out of my diet.

You seem to be doing everything possible, great work. I’m not knowledgeable regarding your age and what issues may be present so I’ll sign off. 
Good luck and sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brierley said:

In cases like this reverse dieting might help to be honest I have tried it its a pain but it did help a bit. But you then really need to keep weighing stuff as the increments are low.

Just now, MadMuhammad said:

You seem to be doing everything possible, great work. I’m not knowledgeable regarding your age and what issues may be present so I’ll sign off. 
Good luck and sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

In cases like this sometimes reverse dieting might help, though its something totally counter intuitive. 

• Like 1

The only effective way I have found of losing weight is by combining eating more sensibly with 3 to 4 sessions a week (about 45 minutes each) of resistance training. After a few month's of this, I started being more free with what I ate because I had lost pretty much all lost my body fat, except a very small pocket of it on the gut, and gained a lot of muscle... After that I have kept up the gym sessions but eat and drink pretty much what I want most times and I've been ok ever since. 

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

I think you're just wasting our time and have turned into a troll. Why not ask the mods to close the thread?

Get a sense of humor for goodness sake, it's a serious thread with the odd light moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I think you're just wasting our time and have turned into a troll. Why not ask the mods to close the thread?

Feel free not to comment if you think that. It is definitely not the case, I knew nothing about losing weight and have learned a lot in this thread. 

I had thought that fruit loops, mango and weetabix were a lot better than my previous bacon and egg sandwiches, but seemingly not. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I apologize if I am wasting any experts' time. I did not make them contribute. 

Not wasting my time but I can understand why some people are shocked by your comment ????

I just take you serious but most of us would think that people would know about the problems with breakfast cereals. Problem is that they market it good. Just like you read in the article i posted. There is a lot to learn when you first start out.

• Like 1