90 Days Reporting by Mail.

I sent to CW on 17th March by EMS. Arrived on 18th April. Up to today, almost a month, still now reply.

How long more have I to wait ? 

If I go there with the EMS receipt after one month, where ? CW or Muang Thong Thani ?

If so, have I got to fill up the form again ? Which counter to approach ?

Your kind advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

I sent mine by EMS last month to CW with the 10 baht stamp return envelope inside....It took 27 days to get the receipt back. I was freaking out the same as you but it eventually turned up...

I read on here of others in the same boat, somebody said its 30 days after your 90 day was due not the date you sent it that is when you need to contact them... maybe someone can verify that for you in the comments under mine

25 minutes ago, SteveJames said:

I read on here of others in the same boat, somebody said its 30 days after your 90 day was due not the date you sent it that is when you need to contact them... maybe someone can verify that for you in the comments under mine

The 30 days from the date your report is due is correct.

I am aware of a case where it took 6 weeks to get the return envelope back.

47 minutes ago, Charlie said:

If I go there with the EMS receipt after one month, where ? CW or Muang Thong Thani ?

You will go to Muang Thong Thani.

Print out the tracking info for your EMS to prove it was delivered. 

No need to complete a new TM47 form.

I think it's Counter A at MTT.

You can make an appointment.

Recent reports for Bangkok/CW/MTT 90-day receipts from mail-in reports say ~ 4 weeks, so ao add at least one extra week for Songkhran.

I'd wait until the 29th, which is/was the soonest appointment I saw on the booking site. Maybe just make an appointment now?

I'm giving mine 6 weeks at a minimum before reporting in person.

Appointment system doesn't appear to let you book an appointment past your original "Next Report Date", not sure if it's OK to spoof that?

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think it's Counter A at MTT.

You can make an appointment.

Recent reports for Bangkok/CW/MTT 90-day receipts from mail-in reports say ~ 4 weeks, so ao add at least one extra week for Songkhran.

I'd wait until the 29th, which is/was the soonest appointment I saw on the booking site. Maybe just make an appointment now?

I'm giving mine 6 weeks at a minimum before reporting in person.

Appointment system doesn't appear to let you book an appointment past your original "Next Report Date", not sure if it's OK to spoof that?

Good plan and yes it is desk A.

Many folk having concerns about this esp without online report available. 

I did my report via mail. Yes tracking shows it was delivered. I'm away from Bkk and have no access to my mail. In any event I won't be heading back to MTT if return mail confirmation does not arrive.

Will go there within 3 months from when I posted this one. If I cop 2000baht fine then so be it.

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

you trusted your passport to the mail system?

? Whom are you asking.

90 day report by mail only needs copies and last slip.

No original in the envelope.

As long as the online system does not work and the whole nonsense is not abolished I will continue with postal mail (Khon Kaen).

There I put stamps on the return envelope sufficient for EMS and they send it by EMS. Usually sent/returned within same week.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I also sent my documents on March 17th and never heard anything. My Thai wife called many numbers, but they were either engaged, not picked up or answered by someone who had no clue what to advise.  Feeling a bit uncomfortable I drove over to Muang Thani yesterday (21st April).  Arrived there just after 13.00, got a queue number, saw a person at a booth about an hour later and then got a copy of the necessary receipt. I had a page with me which outlined my problem in Thai, I felt that was helpful, on the other hand I had the impression that there were many more like me. Absolutely do not understand why on-line or mail is not possible in these days of Covid and you have to go there in person for such a nonsensical bureaucratic procedure.

You can make an on-line appointment, but it is connected to the due date of the 90-day report, which in my case had already passed and I did not want to create more confusion by choosing a fake date.

• Like 1

never wanted to cope with all their inept performances (mail or internet) and use our shopping day into Khorat to pop in and drop the paper off -no big deal

Edited by thurien
  • Like 1