Pattaya: Pit Bull taken to temple to apologize after savaging owner to death

webfact

6 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Amazing Thailand!

so if the Pittie makes a habit of savaging passing kids - will he be a regular visitor making merit at the temple?

When that happens the kids get the blame for 'provoking' the dog, remember there are no bad dogs, even killer 'Pitties' ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

They are, that is why they are banned in 12 countries

Yes that's because they have been trained or made agressive and that's why there where accidents involving these dogs that made these countries make these decisions . But , these dogs aren't agressive from nature . If you treat and train them well from when they are born they are one of the most friendliest dogs out there . It's how they and these accindents where put in media made them being banned . There are other accidents happened with dobermans and other breeds but i don't see them being banned . 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:47 AM, impulse said:

I spent hours last weekend playing fetch the ball with my nephew's pit bull.  That dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body.   The dog has never shown any aggression, even when the kids offer him a treat then pull it away.

But I sure wouldn't want to be a burglar trying to hurt his wife or small kids...  50% the dog would lick him.  50% he'd take out big chunks of flesh.

Pit bulls are bred to have the equipment to tear someone up.  But the aggression has to be trained.  Or not.

Oh, and I own about 10 guns.  Never have I pointed one at a human being.  Nor at animals since my 20's when I gave up hunting.  But I still enjoy target shooting when there's not a "Dem in the Whitehouse" ammo shortage.  And I wouldn't want to be a burglar breaking in while I'm home, either.

I think you just proved my point. 

On 4/22/2021 at 9:07 AM, Aforek said:

Yes, so are  people who organised the ceremony : the only thing to was to euthanize this dog

I like dogs, but not dangerous dogs

Did the dog understood what was the ceremony organised for ? I doubt ...????

It seems everyone needs to apologize to dogs by saying "I like dogs - but...". It's about as meaningless as saying "I like humans". 

On 4/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, Nanaplaza666 said:

They do , but they are not born agressive . 

It's what they do when they get angry that makes them dangerous. That's instinct. They are too strong and have a nasty bite. One day that dog will lose its cool again and chomp at whoever is around at the time. Let's hope it's the new owner and not a child or baby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tropo said:

It's what they do when they get angry that makes them dangerous. That's instinct. They are too strong and have a nasty bite. One day that dog will lose its cool again and chomp at whoever is around at the time. Let's hope it's the new owner and not a child or baby.

In most counties the dog would have been killed after such an attack. If he kills a child next time, what will they do ? 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, wombat said:

There is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners.
The instrument of Karma takes many forms.

Try saying that when you are sitting at night at the Gunpowder turn-off with 20 or so ferals starting to make their way around you.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:26 AM, Thaifly88 said:

In most counties the dog would have been killed after such an attack. If he kills a child next time, what will they do ? 

Going by what they did here, probably pass it on to a new owner for some further "attitude adjustment". 

I got a bite from a dog while walking on the street in Chiang Mai.  He looked like a chubby old Labrador, he was wearing a t-shirt so I thought he was civilized.  No bark, no growl, just walked up matter of fact and bit me.  My Thai friend went to the scene of the crime and came back and told me she talked to the neighbors (I guess ) and they vouched for the dog's character so I didn't have to  worry.  I worried but was ok.

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I got a bite from a dog while walking on the street in Chiang Mai.  He looked like a chubby old Labrador, he was wearing a t-shirt so I thought he was civilized.  No bark, no growl, just walked up matter of fact and bit me.  My Thai friend went to the scene of the crime and came back and told me she talked to the neighbors (I guess ) and they vouched for the dog's character so I didn't have to  worry.  I worried but was ok.

Are you serious.....? I mean worrying will not prevent death and how well are these people able to communicate with a dog?