Arriving Phuket - Leaving Phuket

as from 1st of july it is meant to be OK to come as a falang and if vaccinated you can enter without quarantine.... OK maybe big fat chance this will not be in effect considering status of Covid-19.

But if all goes without any chances, my questions is....

Entering Phuket from i.e. England or Sweden, no quarantine, I am vaccinated.....

Can I leave Phuket without any problem during my "stay" there, or do I need to stay

put in Phuket my whole holiday??

Any  ideas??

glegolo

If vaccinated at this time you still have to go into a 7 day quarantined after arrival here.

Entering Phuket without quarantine is not planned until July and that may be delayed. When it does start and you get a negative test for corvid 19 after a week or so you could then travel to other parts of the country.

34 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I am vaccinated.....

You also need to:

have one of the approved vaccines 

wait at least 14 days after your last dose

Reading the tea-leaves (the sputterings of various "authorities" in the Thai press), most (including workers just now getting their second does of Sinovac) expect the "Phuket Sandbox" date to slip from 1 July.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If vaccinated at this time you still have to go into a 7 day quarantined after arrival here.

Entering Phuket without quarantine is not planned until July and that may be delayed. When it does start and you get a negative test for corvid 19 after a week or so you could then travel to other parts of the country.

So this stuff with Phuket seems to be a back-sliding door into Thailand then. I.e. leaving Sweden, buy ticket for Phuket instead of Bangkok, do the stuff in Phuket, leave that province and go up to Isaan, spend time there, and just return again to Phuket without any problem... No need to quarantine nothing of that sort....   RIGHT??

glegolo

12 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So this stuff with Phuket seems to be a back-sliding door into Thailand then. I.e. leaving Sweden, buy ticket for Phuket instead of Bangkok, do the stuff in Phuket, leave that province and go up to Isaan, spend time there, and just return again to Phuket without any problem... No need to quarantine nothing of that sort....   RIGHT??

I don't see it as a "back-sliding door". It is just a way to try and get tourists to travel to Phuket/Thailand.

It is also planned for other places later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see it as a "back-sliding door". It is just a way to try and get tourists to travel to Phuket/Thailand.

It is also planned for other places later.

Well I sees it that way, clearly.... Why not choose Phuket and do not have to quarantine... We can see it as we wish, but people will use it, if they CAN use it, no matter what we calls it or sees it of course.

glegolo

16 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Well I sees it that way, clearly.... Why not choose Phuket and do not have to quarantine... We can see it as we wish, but people will use it, if they CAN use it, no matter what we calls it or sees it of course.

It might not that great of a work around for many people. Flights into Phuket might be a a very expensive option verses flying into Bangkok and doing the 7 day quarantine if traveling from some countries or possibley not available.

1 hour ago, John435 said:

Presumably you’d have to stay at least 7 days in Phuket? Maybe have another COVID test before leaving for another Thai destination?

For sure.  They aren't just going to let people leave Phuket for another province immediately after arrival like the OP suggested.  You will certainly have to stay on Phuket  a week or two and probably get tested before you leave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glegolo said:

Can I leave Phuket without any problem during my "stay" there, or do I need to stay

put in Phuket my whole holiday??

Any  ideas??

After a week you can travel anywhere in the kingdom, so has it has so far been mentioned in the news articles about quarantine free inbound travel to Phuket from July 1st.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, khunPer said:

After a week you can travel anywhere in the kingdom, so has it has so far been mentioned in the news articles about quarantine free inbound travel to Phuket from July 1st.

Personally I have recently disregarded any announcements of what may occur in the future.

The PM has (according to gf) put the responsibility on the governor's to make their own requirements.

I certainly would not be planning a trip to Thailand since the new covid numbers.

Currently on island. I live in BKK and not completely confident how things will unfold.

I find this thread bit of nonsense at this point. Too many ifs......

• Like 1

I would imagine the Government will put in some controls for Travel on plans i.e. checks at points of egress for  proof of 7 days stay after date of entry into Phuket, negative test within the last 48 hours of departure, and proof of approved vaccination. Of course that all goes out the window if you get a bunch of Sinovac vaccinated (only 67% effective) tourists carrying in fresh batches of the virus with them and they shut down Phuket for a month with no-one in or out! ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, michel7752 said:

Arriving Phuket: I assume you will also be able to arrive at Phuket via Bangkok (transit), or not? For example Zürich - Bangkok (transit) - Phuket.

What do you think?

Yes I believe you can transit through BKK

1 hour ago, michel7752 said:

Arriving Phuket: I assume you will also be able to arrive at Phuket via Bangkok (transit), or not? For example Zürich - Bangkok (transit) - Phuket.

What do you think?

Some of the news articles talked about direct charter flights into phuket.  No one know for sure at this point.

I doubt this whole thing will even happen.  With the covid outbreak, they will have to prioritize vaccines to bangkok now, so phuket will not be the first to get herd immunity.  So best not to get your hopes up, or just quarantine and get it over with if you really want to come to Thailand.  It may be more than a year before quarantine free travel is a reality.

11 hours ago, michel7752 said:

What do you think?

Not unless it was a direct flight that stopped in Bangkok for passengers to get off the plane while you remained onboard.