Thailand has utterly failed in vaccine rollout, says leading doctor

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

It is the Sinovac vaccine, I think the guys in Cambodia  called it Sinopharm

2 different vaccines. 

Sinovac  from a private company whose reputation is not very good. 

Sinopharm from the state

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This chap will be transferred to an inactive post quickly I think. 

Do they still do "Attitude Adjestment"?

That's if he is lucky. Since 2014 there has been many disappearances

3 hours ago, petermik said:

the WHO vaccine as they thought they could do better themselves (brown envelopes aplenty) and look where it`s left them

Every decision made by the govt in this country is driven by one overriding thing (says looking upwards) and in this case it was deemed that having the country saved by Siam BioScience would be a PR victory over the protests which have obsessed the govt for the above reason.

Unfortunately they made a mess of that and the country is in the position it is in now as a result.  

• Like 2

I doubt they will be pushing Astrazeneca as their main vaccine from now on seeing as how the blood clot has been confirmed as one of the side effects by EU authorities.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Let's put things into perspective how useless the so called government vaccine debacle is .The UK roughly the same population vaccinated 500,000 people  per day back in march. Now it's 116,000 per day. And here because they wanted to bend over to China and make the richest person even richer. They have a complete clusterfick 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. Most people will be vaccinated by next year some time and this will all be over.

The government have clearly done the sums and although they haven't come out and said it they appear to be accepting of the consequences of doing very little to contain the virus at a national level.

I can only surmise that all is going to plan and any losses are deemed acceptable, collateral damage if you will.

Hopefully you are right about most people being vaccinated sometimes next year.

Moderna's CEO is warning the market there may be surplus of vaccines next year:

https://www.xm.com/research/markets/allNews/reuters/moderna-ceo-says-world-faces-2022-covid-vaccine-production-surplus-42306032

"Next year there is going to be way too many vaccines for people on the planet," he said.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Really! The last I heard was that that the WHO and the EMA had endorsed the use of Astra Zeneca vaccines.

As I understand it, blood clots are a general medical occurrence, and vaccines cannot be directly associated with the incidences.

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of the EU, in respect to anything related to this vaccine, considering their dispute with that company and their vindictive attitude towards the UK. It's odd though, how they champion the Pfizer vaccine that also has incidents of blood clots, don't you think?

You may be right,  but the mass media perception building is a powerful thing.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/healthcare-workers-cancelling-astrazeneca-jab-appointments-waiting-for-pfizer-20210422-p57lkq.html

What would the ordinary Australians think about AstraZeneca when reading that 80% of the health care workers are cancelling their AstraZeneca jab appointments?

4 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Hopefully you are right about most people being vaccinated sometimes next year.

Moderna's CEO is warning the market there may be surplus of vaccines next year:

https://www.xm.com/research/markets/allNews/reuters/moderna-ceo-says-world-faces-2022-covid-vaccine-production-surplus-42306032

"Next year there is going to be way too many vaccines for people on the planet," he said.

Which may explain the differing efforts to create doubts and suspicion of "competing" vaccines so as to maximize  profiteering potential in the current market demand?

Once a glut occurs then the vested interests will begin to lobby for exclusive patent or copyrights to secure a fading market as the "emergency use  only"approvals are reviewed !

2 hours ago, Kiujunn said:
3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It is the Sinovac vaccine, I think the guys in Cambodia  called it Sinopharm

2 different vaccines. 

Sinovac  from a private company whose reputation is not very good. 

Sinopharm from the state

image.png.7d498939353d7967f0320a7003442c02.png

Taken from https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vaccine-tracker

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

So true. They have bought the worst vaccines and hardly anyone has received the ones they have. And private hospitals want to purchase the good vaccines, like Pfizer and Moderna and have not gotten permission. Now I have to literally risk my life to travel to the states next month to get vaccinated.

Oh and the US Embassy told me "your health care is completely up to you". Gee, thanks guys. Glad I pay those taxes every year!

The U.S. State Department has delivered COVID-19 vaccines to all of its eligible workforce deployed abroad as of Sunday and is expecting its entire workforce to have been fully vaccinated by mid-May, State Department officials said.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This chap will be transferred to an inactive post quickly I think. 

Do they still do "Attitude Adjestment"? 

They still do the "disappearing" activities, as they have historically.....

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I doubt they will be pushing Astrazeneca as their main vaccine from now on seeing as how the blood clot has been confirmed as one of the side effects by EU authorities.

Oh yes they will, the blood clots are an irrelevance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

So true. They have bought the worst vaccines and hardly anyone has received the ones they have. And private hospitals want to purchase the good vaccines, like Pfizer and Moderna and have not gotten permission. Now I have to literally risk my life to travel to the states next month to get vaccinated.

Oh and the US Embassy told me "your health care is completely up to you". Gee, thanks guys. Glad I pay those taxes every year!

Believe AZ is up around the efficacies of your so called ‘good’ vaccines. What is it with you yanks?

• Like 1