Selling a Motorcycle - What is required for both seller and buyer?

EVENKEEL

I don't remember the details. I sold two bikes until now.

One bike was registered in my name. The buyer received my green book and gave me the money in cash with witnesses and all was done.

The 2nd bike was not in my name. It was in the name of the previous owner for a few years while I owned the bike.

When I sold it I gave the buyer the green book and the documents which the previous owner gave me. All done.

Summary: Make sure you give the buyer the green book and have a copy of your passport ready and that is probably all you need.

• Thanks 1

Ownership transfer form, copies of your passport, maybe a power of attorney, green book.

If the buyer wants to do the transfer in Chonburi he will need a certificate of residence from you (Afaik that's the only province with this requirement).

When buying or selling, I prefer to meet with the other party at the DLT and do the transfer together, then I know everything has been done properly, and the other party also knows it. If the buyer is from another province and wants to do the transfer there, that's his choice, then provide him with the documents I listed above.

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Ownership transfer form, copies of your passport, maybe a power of attorney, green book.

If the buyer wants to do the transfer in Chonburi he will need a certificate of residence from you (Afaik that's the only province with this requirement).

When buying or selling, I prefer to meet with the other party at the DLT and do the transfer together, then I know everything has been done properly, and the other party also knows it. If the buyer is from another province and wants to do the transfer there, that's his choice, then provide him with the documents I listed above.

Both parties going to the DLT would be good idea. Is this ownership transfer form given at the DLT.