Multiple Entry Visas

Heard today that as from next month Multiple Entry Non Imm visas of any kind will not be issued anywhere in the world. Anyone heard about this????

I called a Thai consul friend abroad and he says no such plan has even been discussed ( and it is almost " next month " ) it won't happen around the world, but is very likely in the Asian region.

Heard today that as from next month Multiple Entry Non Imm visas of any kind will not be issued anywhere in the world. Anyone heard about this????

Ahhh, been talking to the Som Tum lady again have we ?

Late night bar chatting with inebriated members of the expatriate communities expounding facts learned from a similar class of expat, also over lotsa lager. The Som Tum lady is proving a less reliable source of factual information these days.

You should be able to get your non imm-O on the basis of marriage as long as you meet the minimum financial requirements (eg 400k).

400k+ in a thai bank is a requirement for a one year extension of stay based on marriage, not a visa from a consulate

@ kenkannif

no there are no, even if you have work permit (original) and all other nessesary papers they give you only one entry. This regulation is since 03.06.2004.

This is headline news indeed, if true! May I ask for your source?

A good friend of my went to Penang on 02.08. and gave all his paper including his work permit to an agent to apply for a non-immigrant multiple B visa. He paid the fee from 500 ringit plus 50 ringit service charge and the agent told him no problem and he can pic up the visa no the 4th. Back on the 4th the agent told him that the Thai consul cam back from a meeting in Bangkok and that they not give non-immigrant multiple B visa anymore. He than went with the agent to the embassy to ask for the reason. At the embassy they told him that the Thai government do not want that the long term worker cross every three month the border, insted they should apply for a visa at the immigration in Thailand so that they are registered properly in Thailand. So he left only with one entry, but is not able to apply for a one year visa in Thailand because his income is only 35000 Baht/month. The same problem I get in 2 month, then my visa is expired and I do not no in the moment where I gan get a multiple B visa. I will try in London next month, if I do not get one there, i do not no what to do.

At the embassy they told him that the Thai government do not want that the long term worker cross every three month the border, insted they should apply for a visa at the immigration in Thailand so that they are registered properly in Thailand. So he left only with one entry, but is not able to apply for a one year visa in Thailand because his income is only 35000 Baht/month. The same problem I get in 2 month, then my visa is expired and I do not no in the moment where I gan get a multiple B visa. I will try in London next month, if I do not get one there, i do not no what to do.

Join the club... Back to 30 day visa runs or quarterly runs to get a 60 day tourist visa and extend it for another 1900 to 90 days...

The under 50's, even wealthy ones, are going to have some additional problems...

Phuket immigration today confirmed thay are happy with the 3 million investment visa... Seems that may well be a alternative for those that can.

MR.Mr,

Let me know the next time you go down as I'm getting confirmed reports of people with a WP getting multiples. Hopefully I may be able to help you next time.....although to be fair this is in regards to teachers not 'normal' workers!

London won't do it mate, go for a Consulate in the UK!

I'm hearing that if you're not from the country you're applying in (i.e. A Brit in Oz) you'll only get a single? Anyone?

Not so Ken. As long as you are in the jurisdiction of the Thai office you apply at, you can get a visa irrespective of your nationality. Eg. if you are in Australia or in many of the Pacific Islands, you can apply anywhere in Australia.

I was utterly stunned today when one of my clients here - a lifelong Singaporean who just relocated here last Friday with wife and two sons - showed me his family's passports and advised that as of last week, the Thai Embassy in Singapore was refusing to give more than a Single entry 90 day visa EVEN TO SINGAPORE CITIZENS.

He moved here based on having recently incorporated a Thai Private Co Ltd to serve as Thai affiliate of Singapore Company.

All restrictions I had ever previously heard about applied only to third ciuntry nationals - but it appears that 90 day visas are the only option now.

It will be interesting to see if this becomes universal practice. Many lifestyles will then change around here.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I travel to Bangkok (originate in USA) about every 40 days, usually stay for 10-20 days, then fly back to USA. I always get a 30-day tourist visa upon entry. Upon entry or exit, I've never been questioned about anything.

Is some change in the works that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

I travel to Bangkok (originate in USA) about every 40 days, usually stay for 10-20 days, then fly back to USA. I always get a 30-day tourist visa upon entry....

I would say, you are a bona fide tourist, arrive here, leave well before expiration of the granted time, return 40 days after the last visit.

I would not worry.

I travel to Bangkok (originate in USA) about every 40 days, usually stay for 10-20 days, then fly back to USA.  I always get a 30-day tourist visa upon entry....

I would say, you are a bona fide tourist, arrive here, leave well before expiration of the granted time, return 40 days after the last visit.

I would not worry.

I agree absolutely with Axel. The guy is by no means a de facto resident of Thailand.

I'm hearing that if you're not from the country you're applying in (i.e. A Brit in Oz) you'll only get a single? Anyone?

Not so Ken. As long as you are in the jurisdiction of the Thai office you apply at, you can get a visa irrespective of your nationality. Eg. if you are in Australia or in many of the Pacific Islands, you can apply anywhere in Australia.

Well that's not what Sydney are saying? Can you confirm please?

It will be interesting to see if this becomes universal practice. Many lifestyles will then change around here.

What if you take with you all the documents which are compulsory (to Immigration) when you apply for a 1 years exstension based on marriage and supporting a wife.

Included passbok from bank and proof of income which cover the minimum income/wage.

But instead hand them over at the embassy/consulate when applying for a multiple visa , okay let`s say Penang.

What then! Still only 90days?

:o

Dr Patpong,

I think I'm the 'Brit in Oz' that Kenkannif is talking about (we're good mates) and indeed I was planning to go to Sydney, stay with an old friend at his apartment just 15 mins from the consulate, and pick up a multiple entry O visa whilst I was there.

He spoke to the consulate at length on the telephone and sure enough - they will only give me a single entry because I'm not an Australian. I can only go by what he told me.

Bangkok Phil

www.ajarn.com