Government Plans New Measures to Remedy Fresh COVID-19 Wave Impact

webfact

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Just lock it the <deleted> down and be done with it.

The government were wrong, very wrong and they not only look like idiots but they've proven beyond any doubt that they are in fact idiots.

I think we knew that anyway ????

Correct me if I am wrong.  (I know someone will)

BUT

did we not go to lockdown when it first hit and them come back in phases.

Did we not have one of the lowest infection rates and death rates?

If it worked before why not do it again for 3 weeks.  If they do it now then kids might be able to start school on time.

Parents can spend time with their kids.

It isn't as if this mickey mouse is helping businesses' not sure about in BKK but malls are almost empty here.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Plan.

1. Reduce testing.

2. Fudge the figures.

3. Tell the people they are happy and nothing to worry about.

4. Continue to lie and pretend its all great.

I could continue but hopefully you see the plan.

Pay off those submarines. Build those bullet train tracks, and wait for western countries to donate their vaccines...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Excel said:

The point was you said the curve is flattening. No deaths would be good news, even one is not and as I stated the curve for the mortality rate is upwards. Glib remarks in an attempt to deflect that fact is in bad taste. 

You are incorrect. The key is flattening the curve of increase in new cases. Deaths come from infections that have already been reported. Even if new cases starting tomorrow were 0, deaths will likely trend upwards for another week. But you knew that already. 

For hospitals, flattening the curve is a Godsend. 

So, yeah, if new infections trend downwards in the future, you get to say "but what about the deaths?". 

Just like a couple of weeks ago when new infections started to increase, and you said "no problem, deaths are close to zero now".  Or not. 

4 hours ago, jvs said:

You are right,a year ago there were no vaccines,now it is different.

Vaccines,24/7 imo the only way out.

To all the nay sayers and the people who do not want to be vaccinated for what ever stupid reason they come up with,do you have a better plan?

The anti-Vaxxers indeed have a plan: quit whining and die already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

If it worked before why not do it again for 3 weeks.

The 2020 lockdown lasted for about 3 months.

The virus appears to have mutated in such a way that it is more transmissible, perhaps it's passed a certain unknown threshold which was protecting Thailand from mass infections, perhaps not - only time will tell.

The Thais became complacent since things opened up last summer, it's obvious they thought 'that's it - we're in the clear'.

Hubris.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

The 2020 lockdown lasted for about 3 months.

The virus appears to have mutated in such a way that it is more transmissible, perhaps it's passed a certain unknown threshold which was protecting Thailand from mass infections, perhaps not - only time will tell.

The Thais became complacent since things opened up last summer, it's obvious they thought 'that's it - we're in the clear'.

Hubris.

Not all Thais LOL you need to talk to my other half.  That and a lot of parents that have lived with it.

I do agree though that mainstream had pretty well decided that it was a done deal.  But unfortunately that seems to be the way in a lot of countries.  Ontario Canada gets going good then it breaks out again in Toronto their big city/

I realize that a lot of people with big pockets don't want to lockdown as they will lose money and of course that is more important than lives.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are incorrect. The key is flattening the curve of increase in new cases. Deaths come from infections that have already been reported. Even if new cases starting tomorrow were 0, deaths will likely trend upwards for another week. But you knew that already. 

For hospitals, flattening the curve is a Godsend. 

So, yeah, if new infections trend downwards in the future, you get to say "but what about the deaths?". 

Just like a couple of weeks ago when new infections started to increase, and you said "no problem, deaths are close to zero now".  Or not. 

I said no such thing a week ago. Please retract that misleading quote as it is against forum rules 

13 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

300 billion in reserve. What are they waiting for? Hoping Covid disappears and they pocket the cash themselves?

This money should have been dispersed by now.

It has already in small brown envelopes 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  (I know someone will)

BUT

did we not go to lockdown when it first hit and them come back in phases.

Did we not have one of the lowest infection rates and death rates?

If it worked before why not do it again for 3 weeks.  If they do it now then kids might be able to start school on time.

Parents can spend time with their kids.

It isn't as if this mickey mouse is helping businesses' not sure about in BKK but malls are almost empty here.

We have never had lockdown.