Women on dating websites

AlfHuy

1 hour ago, Heng said:

No different from what one sees in public here.  (and certainly not every case of course).  In so many conversations (and just in English or Mandarin with a local Thai 'conversation participant' from what I can personally understand) one overhears ....the local party looks/seems to have no idea (and perhaps isn't even listening) to what the foreign party is talking about.   The gist is something like...

A. Question requiring something other than a head nod or a "um hmm..." regarding other country politics or some other current news topic.

B.  "um hmmm...."

Have to say, I wouldn't be listening to that foreign party either.

Talk to me about the beer or fried fish I'm ordering, or the after dinner activities in which we're about to partake.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maybole said:

The odd thing is the way the generations have changed their attitudes. My wife's generation (all poorly educated)were all looking for a reliable husband and for 20 year she was harassed by acquaintances and relatives who all wanted to marry a "rich" farang ( all farang were believed to be rich). Our daughter's generation were better educated and wanted to combine a secure marriage with a long time employment. My grand nice (22 years old) and 2 grand daughters (18 and 14) are focussed on obtaining university degrees with the intention of obtaining a well paid career WITH A PENSION. 18 year old questions why she should endure pregnancy and caesarian section just to please a man.

How times have changed.

I am well pleased with them.

Ummm, because the future of the human race depends on it?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thats not exclusive to Thailand, many moons ago I was working in Glasgow doing the very same thing while she was talking to her boyfriend who was working in London, Inter City Sex i called it

Was she a Glaswegian or Aberdonian lassie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I lived ages in Aberdeen. Never fancied 1 of them.

Only thing they were thinking about is to get drunk.

Same in Glasgow but a man has to do what a man has to do, any port in a storm

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I lived ages in Aberdeen. Never fancied 1 of them.

Only thing they were thinking about is to get drunk.

I worked on some gardening programme in Aberdeen (Beechgrove Garden) for a week, rained every day.

@ChipButtyMy boss in Glasgow was found dead at her desk one morning, face down in a pool of vomit.

Nice lady, got drunk in the works bar every night until she passed out. I was in Glasgow an entire summer, rained every day. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I worked on some gardening programme in Aberdeen for a week, rained every day.

@ChipButtyMy boss in Glasgow was found dead at her desk one morning, face down in a pool of vomit.

Nice lady, got drunk in the works bar every night until she passed out. I was in Glasgow an entire summer, rained every day. 

Had her clothing been re arranged?

• Confused 1

Just now, CharlieH said:

Had a honeymoon near Inverness ! The weather actually described the relationship, mostly rain, occasional storms, sunny patches but always cold and miserable. Divorced !

It was rather a "nightmare".

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Apparently a friend of hers, living in Germ-any with an old bloke gets 50,000 Baht each month to support her family in Isaan and is planning to build her mom a new house.

Now, everyone talking about it and that and other families encouraging their daughters to get a German as well.

They go to far to say: Don't bring another farang home, we want a German

Did she say the 'old bloke' was German?