14 days mandatory quarantine returns for all arrivals to Thailand from May

webfact

1 hour ago, Amdesign said:

They don't need tourists; not the ones running quarantine hotel mafia. All promises about relaxed quarantine from April 1st were lie: still locked in room, no walk outside/pool/gym, treat people in quarantine like dogs, low quality food/drinks without choice, people have no rigths and get terrified by hotel management and police!

I'm not terrified in the least.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Absolutely nuts, this shows their population that they have no faith in the vaccines!

HUGE step backwards and an idiotic decision for those already vaccinated

A tiny proportion of the the population has been vaccinated....    faith in the vaccination is wholly irrelevant. 

The point you have tired to make is utterly pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

All I have to say to this government is #$%& %$#!!!

If they think I'm quarantining for 14 days after coming back fully vaccinated they have another thing coming.

Hopefully they lift this before I get back in mid June or I'm breaking out early.

There is no f%^#ing way they will bottle me up in a room for 14 days after being vaccinated.

If this stupid government hadn't screwed this up we'd all be home free. But instead of sealing off the northern border they sprayed the ground. 

Give me a break! Fully vaccinated people hold no threat whatsoever.

My guess is this is changed by Monday (if not later today) and the quarantine for vaccinated people will be fully lifted by then.

Otherwise I may have a longer trip to the states than planned and I don't want that!

Your message is not clear to me.

If they where doing the right things since years now they would be an evolved country like US a place you prefer to not travel to. 

We have to be sad just for the people who will die for wrong decisions, for the rest government is doing a great work to make thailand a great place to travel to in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

All I have to say to this government is #$%& %$#!!!

If they think I'm quarantining for 14 days after coming back fully vaccinated they have another thing coming.

Hopefully they lift this before I get back in mid June or I'm breaking out early.

There is no f%^#ing way they will bottle me up in a room for 14 days after being vaccinated.

If this stupid government hadn't screwed this up we'd all be home free. But instead of sealing off the northern border they sprayed the ground. 

Give me a break! Fully vaccinated people hold no threat whatsoever.

My guess is this is changed by Monday (if not later today) and the quarantine for vaccinated people will be fully lifted by then.

Otherwise I may have a longer trip to the states than planned and I don't want that!

The reason quarantine exists in the first place is because of stupid and uneducated people who would ‘break out’ and can’t be trusted to quarantine in their homes. 

Good luck with that....     Look forwards to reading the news of a deported foreigner who tried to break out of quarantine !!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krabi King said:
14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A tiny proportion of the the population has been vaccinated....    faith in the vaccination is wholly irrelevant. 

The point you have tired to make is utterly pointless. 

I think he is referring to vaccinated foreigners entering Thailand, so your comment seems utterly pointless 

I expanded my post already to spell it out for those unable to join the dots and think beyond the narrow facet of their own selfishness. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Absolutely nuts, this shows their population that they have no faith in the vaccines!

HUGE step backwards and an idiotic decision for those already vaccinated

What about the 99% of residents in Thailand not yet vaccinated?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Well if those incoming are vaccinated and the vaccines cut transmission, why should they quarantine. If there are still only 70% vaccinated this time next year, should they still quarantine??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The funny thing is that this upcoming tourist season will be a total write-off again.  

Just because they land on the ground it takes time to jab and time to build immunity.  Try a month after the start.  

There is no cognition on how serious the situation really is.

Until then, watch those goal posts change weekly, daily.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1