Eligibility for Thai yellow book (pink card)

On 5/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

if you have one it is useful for that. But you only need a yellow house book to get the ID number. But not sure what will happen when somebody appears for the vaccination.

You can also get appointments by contacting a village health volunteer or a hospital.

Does it help having a yellow house book when doing your visa extensions.

Good day to you all,
I live in central Pattaya, and I have a few questions, please.
1- Where in Pattaya do I apply for the yellow book, Pink card. Address.
2- What documents and copies do I need to submit.
3- Does my partner also need to attend, and what documents do they have to submit.

Many thanks in advance for any answers.

John????

Got mine about 10 years ago in Nonthaburi at the Government Complex on Rattantibeth Road, had blue book from the Condo that my wife and I own, her blue book, my passport those where the main things, also helped that the Boss in the office was very kind and wanted to talk in English with me the whole time.

Never bothered with the pink card at the time, mightapply for one when I return this year.

Edited by beano2274

I have live in Bangkok for 30 Years next month, same house. I went to the Amphue and asked about Yellow book and Pink Card four years ago. They gave a paper in English with all the steps needed the on I found the hardest was Pass Port Certify by Embassy and translated into Thai and stamp by MFA. So thought is worth it and said No . 30 years and never asked either. Use Pass Port to open Bank accounts, IMO yearly and DL to mail EMS to mail 90 notices. That's it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

in most places, yes. Removes the need to get a letter from your embassy or other proof of where you live. Ditto when getting or renewing a driver license, registering a car etc -- anything that requires proof of address.

I seem to recall hearing of one or two Imm offices that won't accept it though.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jcowle said:

Good day to you all,
3- Does my partner also need to attend, and what documents do they have to submit.

John????

you have to apply at the Ampur. Usual requirements are:

• A  certified translation of your passport (may have to go to Bkk for this unless there is a local translation service they accept -  or you already have such a translation).
  • The landlord or owner of your residence must come along with their Thai ID and blue book.

Some Ampurs may impose additional requirements, ask at yours.

1 hour ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

No, it also doesn't substitute for a TM30 or 90 day reports. Its next to useless,  as even some DLTs do not  accept it as proof of address. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

you have to apply at the Ampur. Usual requirements are:

• A  certified translation of your passport (may have to go to Bkk for this unless there is a local translation service they accept -  or you already have such a translation).
  • The landlord or owner of your residence must come along with their Thai ID and blue book.

Some Ampurs may impose additional requirements, ask at yours.

Thank you, very helpful.

2 hours ago, jcowle said:

Good day to you all,

John????

You apply at Pattaya City Hall in Pattaya nua

See required documents below

image_2021-05-03_142447.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

No, it also doesn't substitute for a TM30 or 90 day reports. Its next to useless,  as even some DLTs do not  accept it as proof of address. 

The uselessness of both the yellow book and pink ID card is IMHO compounded by the fact that neither includes what I consider to be your most vital piece of personal information here in Thailand: namely, the date when your current permission to stay expires. That said, they are, however, prerequisites for anyone intending to apply for permanent residency and/or Thai citizenship.

• Like 2

A bit confused maybe the reason I never got a Pink I.D.  reading all the information I'll be the first to ask the stupid question? 

House book, I hear blue then I hear yellow what is the difference or I and other color blind?????????

9 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

A bit confused maybe the reason I never got a Pink I.D.  reading all the information I'll be the first to ask the stupid question? 

House book, I hear blue then I hear yellow what is the difference or I and other color blind?????????

Blue book for thais - yellow book anyone else .

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tonray said:

Not at all

In most locations it removes the need to get a letter from your Embassy or other document proving where you live. To me, that is a big help.

• Like 1

I would imagine that there's going to be a rush on Yellow Books and Pink ID cards with the vaccine registration requiring one to make an appointment. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements tightened up quite a bit. 

35 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In most locations it removes the need to get a letter from your Embassy or other document proving where you live. To me, that is a big help.

The only document I needed was a copy of GF's house book and her ID. A lot easier than yellow book process

25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Yes. Used my pink card as proof of address for my recent retirement extension. I found that convenient.

But you could have used any number of other methods easier than obtaining the yellow book

3 minutes ago, digibum said:

I would imagine that there's going to be a rush on Yellow Books and Pink ID cards with the vaccine registration requiring one to make an appointment. 

That is only for the online system for the registration.

It can be done through the village health volunteer or at a local hospital.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only for the online system for the registration.

It can be done through the village health volunteer or at a local hospital.

True.  But it also wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't jolted a lot of people into thinking about getting a Pink ID card that had zero interest in obtaining one last week. 

My point wasn't that they need one.  My point was that rushing to sign up for the vaccine and finding out they needed a Pink ID to register online will likely create a rush of people applying for Pink iD cards even if they have other ways to sign up for the shot.  ????

19 minutes ago, tonray said:

But you could have used any number of other methods easier than obtaining the yellow book

A deflection from question asked, yawn. The answer to that question is again, "Yes."

I didn't need to leave the Immigration Office and go get a yellow book, you see. I've had it for a year or so. And the pink card was just sitting in my wallet as usual. I use it at my bank regularly in place of my passport when I withdraw money over the counter. Oh--so was my DL, but it has the old passport number. 

Nor did I find the process of obtaining the yellow book particularly onerous, even though in Pattaya (I'm SO tough). Moreover, I find the pink card useful in other situations as well, so that, overall, the sum of conveniences exceeds that of the initial inconveniences for me.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

In Bangkok,  this isn't necessary anyway. Nothing at all or some flimsy "proof", but nothing official. 

1 hour ago, Kiujunn said:

In Bangkok,  this isn't necessary anyway. Nothing at all or some flimsy "proof", but nothing official. 

in many provincial offices (including mine) it is required. In fact was main impetus for me to get the yellow book to begin with, to avoid the need to travel to Bangkok for an Embassy letter. Also required by most DLTs for drivers license or vehicle registration (probably not relevant for people in Bangkok where car is not necessaery, but very relevant for those of us upcountry).

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

in many provincial offices (including mine) it is required. In fact was main impetus for me to get the yellow book to begin with, to avoid the need to travel to Bangkok for an Embassy letter. Also required by most DLTs for drivers license or vehicle registration (probably not relevant for people in Bangkok where car is not necessary, but very relevant for those of us upcountry).

Actually a "certificate of Residence" obtained from you local IO is what is required for driving license or vehicle registration in lieu of a yellow book. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Actually a "certificate of Residence" obtained from you local IO is what is required for driving license or vehicle registration in lieu of a yellow book. 

And need for that trip to Immigration avoided (in most places) if you have a yellow book.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Never found the need to acquire a yellow book nor a pink id card. Pink  !! Never had any issues without them over the many years here whether that be registering a vehicle renewing driving licenses or anything else etc etc and I am certainly not starting now. Pink indeed.  how effeminate

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

And need for that trip to Immigration avoided (in most places) if you have a yellow book.

Well maybe you register a vehicle every few weeks, but I don't, but as I renew my DL every 5 years and buy a vehicle even less then one trip to the IO for that certificate is hardly an issue is it ? especially as it could coincide with your 90 day report which you have to still do even if you have  the yellow book so it is a non issue.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1