Are you happy with doing 90 day reports in Thailand?

WineOh

90 Day Reporting  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

I beg to differ.

Thailand has lost billions in GDP due to covid.

Many investors are put off investing here by the plethora of archaic rules that immigration currently has set up.

90 day reporting being just one of them.

If Thailand wants to be a serious contender for wealthy investors and expats alike then they will have to drop these barbaric requirements,

The 'quality' folks they are wanting to target wont stand for any of that nonsense.

Yeah I just don't see that the 90 day reporting is holding back the wealthy investors from flocking to Thailand.... Even before Covid.

I ve never seen the point of the 90 day report. However, far preferable to doing the visa runs when I used to have a multi entry. Doing the report is not a problem, but as I get older and my perception of time is that it is going by ever faster, I can do without a reminder that another 3 months has just whizzed by. Get rid of it.

• Thanks 1

I would think this subject has been done to death on this site. However 90 report are no problem and I am quite happy complying with the legal requirements of this country for the pleasure of living here.

56 minutes ago, WineOh said:

what benefit do you get from doing 90 day reports?

None whatsoever. Waste of time, but, if I have to do it, it's no hassle at all, as I've already explained. Once every 90 days it doesn't really become a problem........unless you make it so.

• Like 2

It's the easiest of all the immigration hoops I need to jump through. That said, I don't think it adds any real value to my life or others and is just a waste of time. Get rid of it already...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Be nice if it was removed, but a minor inconvenience especially when the online option is working.

I wouldn't call it a minor inconvenience when its a 3 hour round trip to the Immigration Office.

One would think, if their system is down they should make it easier for those who have to travel, e.g. Notice: As the system is currently unavailable, those who wish to report for their 90 days, please go to your local police station and have your 90 day report stamped there, and next time you do your 90 day reporting online, put the information of the police station you last reported to into the system for the relevant period.

But abolishing this draconian method would be one less thing we would have to do as dirty criminal farangs ????  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

<snip>

They will not do away with it because that would result in them losing control.

I'm not so sure. The cost/benefit to immigration is not good for ANYONE. They don't make any money from the 90 day. I understand how they went after the "bad guys" a few years back and now that the vast majority are gone, I'm sure they would like to put this dog down.

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wouldn't call it a minor inconvenience when its a 3 hour round trip to the Immigration Office.

One would think, if their system is down they should make it easier for those who have to travel, e.g. Notice: As the system is currently unavailable, those who wish to report for their 90 days, please go to your local police station and have your 90 day report stamped there, and next time you do your 90 day reporting online, put the information of the police station you last reported to into the system for the relevant period.

But abolishing this draconian method would be one less thing we would have to do as dirty criminal farangs ????  

So why not just mail it in ? Thats always an option, unless of course the Post Office is the same 3hrs trip.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So why not just mail it in ? Thats always an option, unless of course the Post Office is the same 3hrs trip.

Some offices allegedly don't accepted 90 day by post.

(Well, they'll sign for the EMS document but do nothing with it)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Never thought of that, but to be honest, it gives me a reason to drive to the cattle station in that area and get some beef, that and get the wife to spend up big on lunch at the local Robinson food court.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

i am speechless seeing 40% are happy to be treated like criminals

i presume a lot of people have been abused in different ways all their life long, so they are used to it and at the end they love it

funny guy.... you feel treated like a criminal because to follow this countries laws you have to fill out a simple form every 90 days... ?? 

and the fact that some people don't mind obeying the laws makes you presume they have been abused? 

not sure where you come from but where I am from, I have to fill out forms every year that are far far more complicated than a simple 90 day..

and what hoops would a Thai person have to go through to move to your country? I bet they would trade requirements in a heartbeat... 

I think we have it pretty easy here - - some complain about very very small things - paying 500 baht to cover their own innoculations... maybe they think the Thai govt owes them because they spend their little pensions here on 20 baht noodle soup and beer... 

personally, these things are so minor that it wouldn't even be a thought... but for the whiners here. 

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Do you really think the criminals bother to do their 90 days reporting?

How many criminals have been arrested so far because of the 90 days reporting?

Honestly i am speechless seeing 40% are happy to be treated like criminals

i presume a lot of people have been abused in different ways all their life long, so they are used to it and at the end they love it

I agree. It’s a ridiculous requirement and has little impact on criminality. If you have a legitimate retirement visa you should be free to come and go as you please, with perhaps a once a year update. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

and what hoops would a Thai person have to go through to move to your country?

they don't have to do 90 day reporting, that's for sure.

Once their visa is granted they are able to travel freely without reporting their whereabouts for however long their stay is valid.

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I'm not so sure. The cost/benefit to immigration is not good for ANYONE. They don't make any money from the 90 day. I understand how they went after the "bad guys" a few years back and now that the vast majority are gone, I'm sure they would like to put this dog down.

Couple of thousand baht from each of those that report late.....

If there is enough thats some good coin to kiss goodbye.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Some offices allegedly don't accepted 90 day by post.

(Well, they'll sign for the EMS document but do nothing with it)

Yeah member colineil says his does not accept by post and and with no online reporting it is a chore for him due to mobility issues (I think he is wheel chair bound)....I'd just send the missus !!

I can see the point of 90 day reports for foreigners who are here on short-term visas that they keep extending. I fail to see the point of a 90 day report for someone who has been living here for years in a house, or a tenant who has leased a condo for 1-3 years.

• Like 1

We are not CRIMINALS!

ALL OF US NOW ARE "PLUGGED IN" with our drivers licenses, our yellow books and are resident cards.... 

We should not even be obliged to extend Visas after paying taxes for 5+ years.

Many of us spend upwards of 100k baht per month in rent/mortgage, health, utilities, car payments, scooter maintenance, groceries and fuel.

Why are we being treated like criminals while we're supporting the Thai Economy?

Because of an old antiquated law from paranoid law enforcement officials? 

Immigration should be just that....to apply and process the method of immigration. 

Not perpetually extort retirees and pensioners of they're hard earned and well saved funds. 

Be my guest to extort tourists. 

Stop bleeding the people who significantly contribute to the community and economy as well as enriching the lives of locals living in Thailand.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WineOh said:

they don't have to do 90 day reporting, that's for sure.

Once their visa is granted they are able to travel freely without reporting their whereabouts for however long their stay is valid.

1finkey, A Thai citizen may have a 10 year tourist visa in the USA with no reporting. 

Just in case, you did not know. 

18 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

We are not CRIMINALS!

ALL OF US NOW ARE "PLUGGED IN" with our drivers licenses, our yellow books and are resident cards.... 

Many of us spend upwards of 100k baht per month in rent/mortgage, health, utilities, car payments, scooter maintenance, groceries and fuel.

Why are we being treated like criminals while we're supporting the Thai Economy?

Immigration should be just that....to apply and process the method of immigration. 

Not perpetually extort retirees and pensioners of they're hard earned and well saved funds. 

Stop bleeding the people who significantly contribute to the community and economy as well as enriching the lives of locals living in Thailand.  

very well said mate! 

It takes me only very few minutes to do the 90 day reporting - all I need is my passport which I hand over, the actual process is actually below 60 seconds I would say. It is only the waiting in the queue that might take time, but can be optimized if you go at the right time.

All in all - not worth mentioning. It is not even needed to reflect if it would be necessary or not - this is such a non-issue.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this poll.

Keep your votes coming!

There is now a clear majority in favor of those who are unhappy about doing their 90 day reports.

I am also unhappy about doing mine, I think it is a ridiculous and rather embarrassing law for Thailand that needs abolishing post covid to make the land of smiles a more appealing destination for retirees and expats alike.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

We are not CRIMINALS!

I can guarantee that tourists contribute far more to the economy than most local expats over a month, but, you say it's fine to extort them. Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When you say that you're OK with crimes against tourists, then you are not much better than a CRIMINAL yourself.

I hope that 90 day reporting continues to push up your blood pressure.