Moderna Insists to Directly Sell Covid-19 Vaccine to Thai Government

webfact

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you think it right if private hospitals buy all the vaccine while the majority of the population can't get it? 

If the corrupt government had taken India's offer of the AZ vaccine back in Dec 2020, the majority of the population would already have been vaccinated.

The private hospitals procurement of vaccine is minor in comparison.

I am sorry Rob, I have just printed an answer to your reply, and not for the first time it has disappeared in front of my eyes. I am not writing any more long posts anymore on Thaivisa.

3 minutes ago, Suua said:

If the corrupt government had taken India's offer of the AZ vaccine back in Dec 2020, the majority of the population would already have been vaccinated.

The private hospitals procurement of vaccine is minor in comparison.

The Indian govt. should have kept them. The Thai govt. made a decision based on the facts at the time, i.e no new cases of Covid. 

Can you tell me one govt. that is not corrupt? People here are shouting 'corruptio' as if they have been living in a cave. 

18 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

I don't think it can. All that says is that the Indian government is not banning private entities from purchasing or importing vaccines. It says nothing about whether the vaccine manufacturers themselves will sell to private buyers. In any event, Moderna isn't supplying its vaccine to anyone in India, they haven't even applied for approval yet.

According to an article in the Hindustan Times yesterday:

"India has invited Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna Inc to sell their vaccines to the country but none have applied to do so yet."

No safety concern with Pfizer vaccine

Based on various reports, Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca have all said they will not sell vaccines to the private sector.

16 hours ago, impulse said:

If the Pharma's were willing to sell to private entities, Wall Street banksters would have locked up the world supply for the next 10 years and they'd be trading $trillions of vaccine futures against people's lives.

For those of us here in Thailand, the point is moot.  Private hospitals will be allowed to order a number of different vaccine brands through the Government Procurement Office 

Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, finally made it clear that the ministry will assign the GPO (government Procurement Office) to import the vaccines for private companies (i.e.: private hospitals).

Through the GPO, Private hospitals can now order vaccines which have already been approved by the FDA, namely AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Johnson & Johnson. There are 3 brands, Pfizer, Moderna and Sputnik V, STILL waiting FDA approval but once approved, they can also be ordered.

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha approved the decision the other day after a meeting with the Public Health Ministry and the Private Hospitals Association the other day.

Edited by WaveHunter