Smoking in room.

P

On 5/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Thailand passed a law making it illegal to smoke in your home, there is no law about smoking outside on the balcony".

Didn't say that there is.

"Where did it say the partner was female, or the OP was male for that matter?"

Where does it say that they aren't but what does it matter what I assumed?   I was addressing the smoking problem, not the sex of those involved.

The clue is in his Avatar.

• Confused 1

I see a number of people have posted confused or sad emojis.

I would love to hear from someone who is happy to have secondhand smoke lifting into their apartment....and from someone who thinks it is okay for their secondhand smoke to drift into someone else's apartment........ we maybe able to match you up?

Edited by Surelynot

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I guess you are a non smoker and hate smokers I used to smoke all my life (started at 15) and smoked till my 70th birthday I gave up because of the cost not for health reason. So is smoking is so bad for you how come I am still alive? And don't give me that <deleted> about 2nd hand smoke.

@Meat Pie 47 `I guess you are a non smoker and hate smokers'

It's not about hate. It's about how do we live together in a confined space.  I like music but I would be considerate with the volume.  I wouldn't even think about not using headphones on a train/plane etc... 

When we have the occasional party, I and my partner would let the neighbours know and it would end at 10pm even though most would have liked to continued on .

Thankfully the days are long gone when someone could plead ignorance over the health effects of second hand smoking.  

I've been very fortunate in the places I have lived over the years.  There was only one inconsiderate Thai who likes to smoke on his balcony and then lie about doing it. Management asked him to leave after two months.

The positives from this thread is that 98%+ of the postings are not about hate but about how to be considerate and socially polite.  People 'rights' often come into conflict.  The issue is how do we resolve them.  Who's rights prevail in this situation, the smokers right to cause inconvenience, ill health and the lingering nasty smell of tobacco, or .....

On 5/4/2021 at 5:49 PM, BritManToo said:

Thailand passed a law making it illegal to smoke in your home, there is no law about smoking outside on the balcony.

The balcony is considered part of the condo, have a look at your chanote.

Its clearly marked.

5 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

It's not about hate. It's about how do we live together in a confined space.  I like music but I would be considerate with the volume.  I wouldn't even think about not using headphones on a train/plane etc... 

When we have the occasional party, I and my partner would let the neighbours know and it would end at 10pm even though most would have liked to continued on

A rare beast indeed.......I am of the same mind.........I always think along the lines of "is what I am doing going to bother someone or disturb them".......smoking, music, party.....anything.

I am probably wrong, but I get the impression most people tend to think...... "<deleted>, I am going to do whatever I want".

Edited by Surelynot

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I see a number of people have posted confused or sad emojis.

I would love to hear from someone who is happy to have secondhand smoke lifting into their apartment....and from someone who thinks it is okay for their secondhand smoke to drift into someone else's apartment........ we maybe able to match you up?

Personally i think its a very fine line. Difficult to stop someone doing something in their own private unit- What next no loud sex noises as it disturbs the neighbors? What after that? Bit if a slippery slope.

Also i am not quite sure how apartments fine people for smoking on their balconies? Do they take photographic evidence? Have people posted in adjacent buidings?

6 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Personally i think its a very fine line. Difficult to stop someone doing something in their own private unit- What next no loud sex noises as it disturbs the neighbors? What after that? Bit if a slippery slope.

Also i am not quite sure how apartments fine people for smoking on their balconies? Do they take photographic evidence? Have people posted in adjacent buidings?

I think in our condo, renters can be evicted......not sure what they would do in the case of an owner.

Do people really need to make that much noise during sex...........do they snore that loud?

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I think in our condo, renters can be evicted......not sure what they would do in the case of an owner.

Do people really need to make that much noise during sex...........do they snore that loud?

I am referring more to owners rather than renters in this smoking scenario. Very difficult to tell an owner what they can and cannot do in their own room- private space owner 100% by them- equally extremely difficult to police what someone does in their own room. You cannot exactly have management bashing down the door accusing them of smoking on the balcony?

Just now, smutcakes said:

I am referring more to owners rather than renters in this smoking scenario. Very difficult to tell an owner what they can and cannot do in their own room- private space owner 100% by them- equally extremely difficult to police what someone does in their own room. You cannot exactly have management bashing down the door accusing them of smoking on the balcony?

Very true.......probably best all round if people are simply considerate of others......ha...what am I thinking????