Thai health ministry denies they are giving free jabs to expats - Thais come first

webfact

30 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I am tempted to pop down to Khlong Toei.....get a dose and then stand at the entrance to Central World coughing and licking door handles.

Surely not Surelynot,  I'm surprised you even thought of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I knew it was too good to be true.

What is this statement 'to be given when there is a surplus'? 

That would mean end of the year which is too long. Right now, there is a shortage of vaccines worldwide.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

When are the the foreign tourists coming back - we need them so much

as much as I do miss them now there is a part of me that hopes they never come back.

Go to Taiwan instead. 

At least there you will be treated humanely and with respect. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I am, and we all should, write to our embassy/consulate and demand they put pressure on the Thai government over this issue.

I see the government is also gearing up to sell the vaccine to companies.........so perfectly healthy, unlikely to be ill, 18 to 40 year olds will be vaccinated well before much higher risk groups.

LOL good luck with that as from what I seen from the Australian embassy response which was a big fat NO for them help their own citizens about getting a vaccine in Thailand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, time2093 said:

LOL good luck with that as from what I seen from the Australian embassy response which was a big fat NO for them help their own citizens about getting a vaccine in Thailand.

Ha....yes.....one or two on here seem to think it is rather futile.....555

3 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

The Health Ministry had lied and lied to us.  He should be fired.  Thai's that live in America get the vaccine at the same time as Americans do.   Yet here the Health Ministry has looks at us as second class citizens here.  Just like wearing a mask.  He tells everyone to wear a mask but I have seen many pictures of him without one.  It is time for his cremation.   

Alas, we are not citizens of any rank. And I do not know if Thailand has anything in its constitution that accords individuals, whatever their nationality and standing, equal protection, as does the first clause of the 14th amendment. 

How do you read the headline?

1. You won't get a vac' jab??

2.You will 'have' to pay for it??

3. Even if you want to pay you will have to wait until all Thai people have had their vac' jab.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2