Thailand reports 2,044 new coronavirus cases, 27 new deaths

webfact

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

According to my friend this morning who lives in BKK they are testing everybody in her area at the moment which is just off Wireless Road, lets see what happens later

Which side of Ploenchit might that be Chip? That's not far from myself, and would be the Lumpini Area.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Which side of Ploenchit might that be Chip? That's not far from myself, and would be the Lumpini Area.

She's in the soi that goes to the Polo club

Ohhhh boy.... Just a day after the government promises to include foreigners in its COVID vaccinations program, we get this....  Posted here just fyi. Any comments best done in those respective threads...

and this...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 2

Just now, ChipButty said:

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

All around Lumpini Park......think it was mapped out yesterday in the BP.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000615

NHSO keeps improving healthcare financial payment system as fighting COVID-19

NHSO keeps improving healthcare financial payment system as fighting COVID-19

This article although lengthy pretty much explains why theres a lack of appropriate testing going on. Their budget is strained. Time for the government to release emergency funds if they are serious about containing this.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's my best armchair quarterback sense of things at the moment at least in and around Bangkok, though the reported case numbers thus far don't really support that notion. However, I put that down to a lack of widespread testing...

Every time I hear about a factory being closed with 100+ infections or widespread outbreaks around Khlong Toey or Lumpini or Bang Khae, etc... that seems to be what's going on.

Couldn't agree more.......and when you look at how many live and where they travel everyday for work it just has to be the case.

Just one example..............There is a large community of Myanmar laborers in Ari......they live cheek by jowl in two story tin sheds......poor sanitation, no real facilities....................... and work construction sites all over Bangkok everyday. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's my best armchair quarterback sense of things at the moment at least in and around Bangkok, though the reported case numbers thus far don't really support that notion. However, I put that down to a lack of widespread testing...

Every time I hear about a factory being closed with 100+ infections or widespread outbreaks around Khlong Toey or Lumpini or Bang Khae, etc... that seems to be what's going on.

It has been reported that every part of Bangkok has cases of Covid. But, there are not big clusters outside of those reported, because the hospitals are not being swamped by walk-ins.............yet.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The 30 to 50% infection rate was not my idea, it came from the previous poster. If he is wrong then my notion will be wrong also. We'll  just have wait and see won't we.

Those rates are higher than India. If those numbers were real, you would see dead bodies in the street.

We have the positivity rate for testing in Klong Toey, somewhere around 4 to 6%.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

That's the back side of the Lumpini Police Station, and the backside of The One Bangkok.  There is a big Talad area back there that people from my side of Rama 4 would go to.  We have a few Families that we have been donating to on the Soi that that road feeds into.  We were set to take stuff tomorrow morning, but the GF has said she heard the Area around us is having more cases and is concerned for them.  I told her we would wait until we heard from them to see what is happening in that area as well.  Rama 4 is the dividing line between the Lumpini side and the Tungmahamek side where we live.  Looks like as I said yesterday that is was starting to surround us here in Sathon, that the circle is closing in.  The two that tested positive in or condo several weeks ago are now back home.  Saw the one man yesterday going to his car in the carpark. 

30 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

.......and yet there is no evidence, whatsoever that this 30% to 50% infection rate is the case.

Actually in the graph posted by BBK Brian yesterday, on the 3rd of May the graph indicated a 30% + positivity rate which might indicate possible evidence.

image.png.31ee8bbf9f60e1bcac17027682620a74.png

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Actually in the graph posted by BBK Brian yesterday, on the 3rd of May the graph indicated a 30% + positivity rate which might indicate possible evidence.

image.png.31ee8bbf9f60e1bcac17027682620a74.png

It might if this were not based on targeted testing in places like Khlong Toei and "walk-ins" fretting about their symptoms?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ohhhh boy.... Just a day after the government promises to include foreigners in its COVID vaccinations program, we get this....  Posted here just fyi. Any comments best done in those respective threads...

and this...

It sounds bad, and it probably is bad, but I don't care if people like that croak from COVID.  

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It has been reported that every part of Bangkok has cases of Covid. But, there are not big clusters outside of those reported, because the hospitals are not being swamped by walk-ins.............yet.

How do you know the hospitals have not been swamped by walk ins? 

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

you.ve been surrounded by 2 people who are not sick. Run run! 

The areas surrounding Sathon are popping Cases and as they are surrounding the Sathon district itself that is what was meant.  The 2 cases we had in the condo were from weeks ago and they were taken by ambulance to a facility.  They have now returned home which means they are now covid free.  On another note, The pharmacy I use on Rama 4 near Silom has been now closed due to having an infected worker.  The other pharmacies up and down that Area on Rama 4 across the street from the Hospital have put up full barricades of plastic with pass through windows on the sidewalk for those folks who are waiting for their medications.  We walked by their last night.  Should have taken a photo but then decided taking one and posting it would cause me to possibly be found in violation of some law or rule or another.....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

It might if this were not based on targeted testing in places like Khlong Toei and "walk-ins" fretting about their symptoms?

That's true it's difficult for us to get a clear indication with so much smoke and mirrors about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The areas surrounding Sathon are popping Cases and as they are surrounding the Sathon district itself that is what was meant.  The 2 cases we had in the condo were from weeks ago and they were taken by ambulance to a facility.  They have now returned home which means they are now covid free.  On another note, The pharmacy I use on Rama 4 near Silom has been now closed due to having an infected worker.  The other pharmacies up and down that Area on Rama 4 across the street from the Hospital have put up full barricades of plastic with pass through windows on the sidewalk for those folks who are waiting for their medications.  We walked by their last night.  Should have taken a photo but then decided taking one and posting it would cause me to possibly be found in violation of some law or rule or another.....

Pharmacies in  PattayaKlang have had the same barriers u mention for many months now. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This article although lengthy pretty much explains why theres a lack of appropriate testing going on. Their budget is strained. Time for the government to release emergency funds if they are serious about containing this.

No the budget for submarines must not be cut...we have to defend against...oh wait.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

The government said on Friday that private companies looking to order vaccines should bring in ones that haven't been ordered by them. As the government has placed orders for Pfizer, Sputnik and J&J that leaves Moderna and Sinopharm for the sector.

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Pharmacies in  PattayaKlang have had the same barriers u mention for many months now. 

The pharmacies had barriers inside, with spray area and temperature spot outside prior to letting in only a certain number of folks in keeping with social distancing.  You would put your money on a tray and they would then pick it up with gloved hand and disinfect it.  I guess with the pharmacy I use having a case the others next door and such have moved everyone to being outside and not entering the building itself and creating the additional barrier outside between the workers and customers.  The one pharmacy I walked by also had workers wearing Tyvex suits with hoods and glasses as well as masks.  Thought I was in the movie "Outbreak"

• Like 1