Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

One female trader offered to give him a mask to wear.

"I don't have Covid", he responded turning down the offer

A complete mis-understanding of how covid is transmitted... 

I don't have it he says... therefore don't need to wear one.

I don't wish ill of anyone but I hope he gets a dose soon and a bill to match.

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Idiots like this make life tougher for all the rest of us.

Get him lifted, held in a cell for a couple of days then put in front of the beaks for a 6000 baht fine.

If after that he still refuses to wear a mask the deport him.

Skip the fine, just get rid. Rubbish like this is no use to anyone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Let me  see if I can  find the link to a Thai paper which I posted two days  ago clearly stating except when exercising, the mask must be carried with you but for exercicing it's ok to remove it. I  checked the chiang mai forum no mention of exercising just the same wear  a mask outside  comments which as far asi can see is incorrect IF  you are exercising.

HERE'S the  link: states   Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising. The mask mandate is now in place in 63 of the 77 Thai provinces

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations?__cf_chl_captcha_tk__=8817668e11d6d8638b5cb27b653ad05d50a249ed-1620278143-0-AQIEkIOXENSe3ZWMZc8TO8gbn6ThG3ODWclqrTBq_I-uPz4Z2DspZcF8_26jCnTapWWZJMkdgnxMq6Lq42XutSLW5ZNZUeDABjzOn_LYuoHsAnwnmyAeFRypysJtlcpk8qV5uJ7LnB77EMPypg_twVCRbXiHZ55oqgOgWIRCTfWSZQ6RBpli7r_zb1ny3usI4jFR4f9Sp7pQ9kSy7BKUjRDEz1yt0wHJa4vDM6VlhW4zqxgKjn6a5xq-UKeOlSdAt_YJ9X4pv3IPn5cc5EqsqtZp_zOI1GZTzg5ISuWqVwcPwwyViaXhzXgKwBu6JkPdvfAr0HPcpUaejgQ7TyNj-y9VI-BTcwoKdv5bgPsLEElxLsgZJHVOaVFQX020Fto8_b7Z8hLpz-5HPsm7HZPBteC-QNJ6TlN6DCsqw0jJxtYcbQFW-Nz9uq3ywQWfa0alZnnSUA993o5W2Oio5gxB1w0StXhEDFZaowgro2cNZL8rFmhXLOczNORhZdQgsW8PNTHsYmVAZA6BMgAVEuVsx0y7DntjNySqSqrUCzbjbls8p9bdb_FG0dso_nUjsdwjZFhmDs5xxaxyI1XjeFhj5hRrud-63JJ6XSqeTlzQAZg-0BXtMQkKUsI8HIZ0VhUN5ewzCx66U29ucqDeV-DyZhsaae2Iw3EBvliXHmTdQgOP0nmaThs50gvTUktNDoXJCQ

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations is how you post a link ????

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why the hate for other white folk?

Thais routinely stab each other and are only fined 500bht, why should foreigners be fined more?

my view is the same for Thai's that commit the same crimes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OK.  Connect the dots.  WHO is targeted?  Which group of people are being harassed?  Why is this becoming national news?  I've seen tens of people today without masks......I don't even think of telling them anything.  Not my country, and if I tried to protect others I would be attacked.   "hey, put on your mask!!"  "Falang, now i lose face......."    then i'm in trouble.  lol

Once COVID is gone, I'm gone.

I'll let the door hit me on the way out.......

It was fun, a good experience, but enough is enough.  

Who is being harassed? I am not feeling harassed. Harassed because you have been asked to show solidarity in wearing a mask?

There are also news stories of foreigners helping to clean up their environment etc 

The real problem....is entitlement. A certain demographic have always felt entitled and the feeling of losing that privilege and being treated the same as everyone else feels like discrimination.

For those of us who came to Thailand and treated the Thai people like family from the beginning, there is no harassment.

• Like 1

As it now appears that he was arrested and on overstay as well I hope he is now in a whole world of hurt.

Sorry if that comes across as vindictive but we really do not need that sort of attitude at the moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

Better still, put him in a Thai Quarantine facility until he can get a flight home.

Some people just think that the rules don't apply to them, because they're 'special'. Unnecessarily bad-mannered, particularly with the situation we are in at the moment. Deserving of the maximum fine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kralledr said:

He gOT arrested, he was on overstay...

Okay, I admit that I thought that he might have been an American. ☺️

German with an expired visa. Surprised, as I would expect them to be sticklers to rules.

The Chinese media are already on to it.

I have forgotten to stick my mask on & would cop a 6,000Bht fine

Also would be grateful when someone gave me a mask

When asked to wear a mask & the middle finger is given time to spend a bit of time in 

to chill out in the slammer witha 30,000 Bht fine

The guy is a goose or unbalanced, Thailand needs neither

• Like 1

Perhaps he just arrived here, and has already had his Pfizer jab.

No need for a mask, unless he got a Sinovac jab.

The rest of is must wait until after the last Somchai is vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is not illegal.   Neither is the act of having sex with a prostitute illegal.  

I don't pay them to have sex with me.

I pay them to leave.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

YES!!!  Let's go a step further.  Hate the falang.

Fine 100,000 baht.  Deport family.  If mental issues, put in gulag.  No food for 3 weeks.  No water, 10 months!!!!  

If from xxxxx country, deport all from that country!!!!!

Put him in a cell with 10,000 people who hate him!!!

all for not wearing a mask.  

imagine if he slept with a prostitute, which is ILLEGAL!!!!

lol

you should be deported for writing BS on a public forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Hang Dong seems to be attracting a few undesirables lately...

Arrogant piece of excrement...

Police officers are trying to find him, what about the police officer standing in front of him in the photo? 

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

you should be deported for writing BS on a public forum

I have Thailand ELITE Visa, do you?

I've also invested over 30 million in the economy.

I thank you for wanting me deported!!!!  This is step 1, falang deport falang.  

enjoy you day!!!! thanks for being positive during this time!!! lol

• Confused 1