Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

23 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Oh dear; i'm off to the Market in ten minutes as i live in Hang Dong.    Most of the Traders know me and know it isn't me but what a terrible view of all Farang this will bring about.    Like everything else in life it takes you many years to build an honorable reputation just to have it destroyed in seconds by one selfish brainless Pillock !

Fortunately the vast majority of Thai’s are not the idiots some on this forum like to state. I’m sure you will be treated with equal respect and indifference Thai’s treat each other on a daily basis, particularly when you comply with the expected social norms and mores. 

The issue with news such as this is that some official somewhere will start believing then can prevent such behaviour with policy, usually a knee-jerk policy, i.e. Banning Farang's at the Market or something equally dumb which will garner outrage but is ultimately borne of such news.

People who behave like these arrogant selfish idiots definitely can make life difficult for others of similar appearance, but it is fortunate that the vast majority of Thai’s are still extremely forgiving. 

Dont forget that wearing mask outside is NOT mandatory in the kingdom, that's just an order from Chiang Mai's province.

Imagine that you're a foreigner that:

- don't speak thai, don't watch thai TV

- don't meet friends because bars are closed etc..

- don't have internet to read the last rules of your province, translated in your own langage ... and imagine you're born in Moldavia ! ????

Edited by Spellforce

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

We MUST keep a ledger .....

This week.......  Two or Three BAD falangs!!!!  This is too much.......Country of 70,000,000 and 2 bad falangs in a week????

I cannot imagine it being much worse than this, I'm glad all the hatred!!!!    

If we get to the magic number FIVE in one month, I think all falangs should lose everything and deported!!!!!

Burma, China, Russia........no news today, so must be great there.

can you jokers relax and put this in perspective?????

Just an observation, but it appears you're losing what's left of your mind. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Hope it's not the tv member who was asking about whether a mask is needed when exercising ????

Sorry to let you down. It is not me and don't mention this again even in jest. I would never ever live in Hang Dong even if you paid me. Been here quite a long long time. I find your comment rude!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Ah, the old "I can break the law because others are breaking the law" excuse.  I'd imagine the guy in the OP made the news because he was so flagrant and rude about it, not to mention the middle finger.  But yeah, keep up your Thai hunting though.   

I  point out the ridiculous  nature of the current  crop of Thai  Visa articles that is  not my argument at  all, no need to put words into my mouth.

I  make  no excuses  for the man just the extremely lame "foreigner" diatribe being spouted by the government.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Oh dear; i'm off to the Market in ten minutes as i live in Hang Dong.    Most of the Traders know me and know it isn't me but what a terrible view of all Farang this will bring about.    Like everything else in life it takes you many years to build an honorable reputation just to have it destroyed in seconds by one selfish brainless Pillock !

Yep, this dimwit is really giving us a harder time and stereotypical name.  I hope the authorities give it to him. If anyone knows this guy they should probably give him a wide birth to be disassociated. I have seen quite a few foreigners just on public streets not wearing masks, and no they were not exercising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Guess you need to get up to speed on Chiang Mai forum posts ????

Post it  up the link  here where it says a  mask must be worn whilst exercising  because as of  about a  week  ago it said it did  not, It did go on to state  you must carry a mask whilst exercising.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I've  just been out to Tesco, it's a 15  minute  drive, I've  counted 38 Thais with masks at either half  mast  or absent it's  quite prevalent, including the  construction workers doing the new  road about  12 with no masks at  all the local  Global House, the lottery  selling  woman on the Tesco entrance, 1   gold shop owner, the woman seling some of thos sugary drinks, where do I post this  information so we can read tomorrows  headline, Shocking number of  Thais don't wear masks correctly?

Didn't  think so.

Keep  up the Farang hunt though.

There does seem to be somewhat of a ‘farang-hunt’ which news such as this perpetuates. 

There are also the ‘gone native’ posters who can’t see beyond their new found anti-farang bias. 

Personally, If we counted 100 random Thai’s and 100 random foreigners we all see varying results depending on the area we area in - but the numbers would probably be similar. 

I don’t wear my mask in the car (even when with my Wife and Son), I think that rule is just too daft, but have the mask placed over my chin and ‘pop it up’ for the car park ticket collection etc. 

I see a handful of Thai’s not wearing masks whenever popping down the road. I imagine I’d see a handful of Westerners not wearing masks if I were in an area populated with 1000’s of foreigners. 

I don’t see is anyone going without a Mask indoors (shops etc) or in crowded area’s such as markets etc which is where it really counts. 

• Like 2

If the guy was wise he would wear the mask whether he agrees with it or not.  It simply is not worth the hassle.  However, one more seriously ask the question are the masks to protect us from the virus or to protect others from the virus?   So we must assume it is to protect others?  

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There does seem to be somewhat of a ‘farang-hunt’ which news such as this perpetuates. 

There are also the ‘gone native’ posters who can’t see beyond their new found anti-farang bias. 

Personally, If we counted 100 random Thai’s and 100 random foreigners we all see varying results depending on the area we area in - but the numbers would probably be similar. 

I don’t wear my mask in the car (even when with my Wife and Son), I think that rule is just too daft, but have the mask placed over my chin and ‘pop it up’ for the car park ticket collection etc. 

I see a handful of Thai’s not wearing masks whenever popping down the road. I imagine I’d see a handful of Westerners not wearing masks if I were in an area populated with 1000’s of foreigners. 

I don’t see is anyone going without a Mask indoors (shops etc) or in crowded area’s such as markets etc which is where it really counts. 

Because it’s required indoors 

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Post it  up the link  here where it says a  mask must be worn whilst exercising  because as of  about a  week  ago it said it did  not, It did go on to state  you must carry a mask whilst exercising.

It’s amazing all these exercisers now incredible showing in Jomtien 

31 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I've  just been out to Tesco, it's a 15  minute  drive, I've  counted 38 Thais with masks at either half  mast  or absent it's  quite prevalent, including the  construction workers doing the new  road about  12 with no masks at  all the local  Global House, the lottery  selling  woman on the Tesco entrance, 1   gold shop owner, the woman seling some of thos sugary drinks, where do I post this  information so we can read tomorrows  headline, Shocking number of  Thais don't wear masks correctly?

Didn't  think so.

Keep  up the Farang hunt though.

Just worry about yourself unless your a thai citizen of course 

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yep, this dimwit is really giving us a harder time and stereotypical name.  I hope the authorities give it to him. If anyone knows this guy they should probably give him a wide birth to be disassociated. I have seen quite a few foreigners just on public streets not wearing masks, and no they were not exercising. 

It’s like they wanna push it till Fined 

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Bad FALANG news, again!!!!!!!!!

I think we will see BAD Falang every day now........ONLY BAD.

The tide has turned falangs..........we have already turned on ourselves.  Falangs hate falangs.  Thai hate falangs.   

Now time Falang you go home!!!!!!!!  lol

quickly. someone find 150K baht in a taxi and return it to the owner with a lot of fanfare

6 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Just worry about yourself unless your a thai citizen of course 

What makes you think I'm  worried, I could not care  less except when this krap is  repeatedly posted up about bad farangs ignoringthe overwhelming amount of  Thai not  following their own rules.

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Because a  mask is  not needed  whilst exercising and quite what that has to do with anything I don't   know.

I am the one Yorkshire is trying to be funny about and taking an uneducated rude pot shot at. He or she probably doesn't live in CM as well. My subject and posting was just about exercising and what is the general consensus up here by the ones who do exercise. Judging now by the foreigner in Hang Dong making the news, it looks like we need to be extra careful if we are exercising. He is not creating any Thai love for us..

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Guess you need to get up to speed on Chiang Mai forum posts ????

Or perhaps you do? Your posts are just not cute at all if that is what you were trying to do.. Watch your words and read my keyboard lips: Not Me. At least I am responsible to ask what is ok regarding exercising rather than subject the entire foreigner community to what this guy has just done.