Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

2 hours ago, JamieM said:

I have already said he's an idiot but that's not my point and a story of an Asian person behaving badly in UK it doesn't even make the local newspaper let alone the national newspaper. I made a few comments since then which outline more what my point is have a look and see what you think and let me know.

Just had a look. Fair (and worrying) points. I hope you're wrong! 

52 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Just had a look. Fair (and worrying) points. I hope you're wrong! 

Me too.. a while ago I started looking into the media outlets that are putting out this kind stuff and most are Chinese owned or have links to China.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

No, don't throw him out, put him in an adjustment camp with Prayut, maybe Prayut can right his ways and arrange a loan for him to pay for the 6000 Bhat fine. 

Remember Prayut has experience in being fined for not wearing a mask. 

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are enough debates on this forum over simple matters such as wearing your masks in public or the need to wear a mask.... also the importance of vaccination etc.... that some people are so far off base governments have little choice but to implement seemingly tyrannical laws over seemingly small stuff. 

Time and time again too many people show the cannot do what they are told.....  Some laws are of course dumb (i.e. wearing a mask in the family car), but others are incapable of intelligent discretion and think they don’t need to wear a mask in busy market because they don’t believe they have a virus.

Others want to walk in public out in the open in open space without a mask, which IMO is absolutely fine, but there is a law in place so I won’t do that. 

So no... Do not 'obey our government no matter what'. But for the most part our government is ’not out to get us’, for the most part the government aim is to look after everyone....  unless of course a person is one of those ‘conspiracists’ who’s belief is the government only has self interest and no interest or concern for the populace, in which case that person is a nutter and can’t be reasoned with.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.””

H. L. Mencken

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2021 at 12:13 AM, JamieM said:

a. pretty much every Thai is doing anything they want while not wearing a mask why have they singled out this guy to put on the front page of the largest national newspaper if there is no racism involved?

b. how do we cause the anti-farang sentiment? basically what you are saying is that a few people act like idiots and that we should all accept persecution because of their actions? we don't tar them all with the same brush, why are you justifying them doing it to us? 

a. life isn't fair. It sucks, yeah. Now get over it. Also, welcome to being a minority in a foreign country. Now you know how it feels.

b. I'm not saying "you have to accept persecution", no. It's just the way it is in Thailand that foreigners stick out and some will behave badly and it will reflect badly on the rest. It isn't any different in our home countries where foreigners get blamed for this, that & the other. Good luck trying to fight this. If you have Thai friends that care about you, talk to them about this topic and how you feel you're being unfairly singled out. That's just about the only way I can see to fight this.

Let's hope that many Thais still think that most farang aren't 'maskholes'.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, KC 71 said:

Sure,some people in home countries can do that, and that is their choice.

I will not argue about the rights and wrongs.

We must remember that we are guests in this country,

Generally ,if people you are dealing with are wearing a facemask,then its probably a good idea that you wear one too.

A guest? Nah, I've never considered myself a khaek.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:28 AM, Ventenio said:

I bet a country that starts with A saved your grandparents.  You buy their phones, watch their moves, love their women, and are JEALOUS of everything they have and will have.  As they are easily the most dominant nation the world has EVER seen.

enjoy your 15 baht noodle soup.  watch out for the flies.  

have a great day!!!  thanks for being positive!!!  

In your dreams haha