Thailand set to boost COVID-19 vaccinations, expects to approve Moderna shots

30 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Thailand would try to secure more vaccines, on top of existing orders of about 65 million.

"Our current target is for 100 million doses of vaccines, but Thailand should have 150 million doses or more," he posted on his Facebook page on Saturday.

Is he going to be praying for more vaccine too?

"Prayuth’s government is promoting a prayer session at Buddhist temples and online on May 11, in the stated hope that it bring people peace of mind and help them get through the coronavirus crisis together."

source: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/08/govt-wants-to-buy-more-vaccines-as-surge-worsens/  

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I plan to get vaccinated again, even though I have had 2 jabs of Moderna. Getting a different type of vaccine later this year may both extend my immunity and give me wider protection against future mutations. 

Or I might die from the combination. 

This is beign assessed at the moment - if you can mix and match. I think it will become a yearly dose over time, for a few years al least. There are variants, and it will take tweaking of the vaccine to deal with them. But what we have so far, it seems most of the varients are not escaping their effect. 

• Like 2

The government expects 61 million shots of AstraZeneca to be produced locally from June. But these vaccinations and those from Moderna will not be offered free

I expect this statement where it says the AstraZeneca would not be free is incorrect.     

• Like 1

I am not smart enough to make quantifiable decisions about what vaccine is best for me, I want my Doctor to have researched this subject and to recommend/advise me, based on a particular vaccine and me! I will take his advice whether such vaccine has to be paid for or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, prism said:

"Moderna last month applied for vaccine registration in Thailand, which should be approved soon, said Withoon Danwiboon, head of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization."

What are they waiting for?

The launch of the new Mercedes s class ? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1