Thailand set to boost COVID-19 vaccinations, expects to approve Moderna shots

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah there is the rub.  I was waiting on this little morsel of information.  Yes everyone will be vaccinated, but then you must pay for it.  Thank you for the options now.  I will not pay for Sinovac, or even AZ, but if I must pay then bring in all of the vaccines and let me choose my poison.  The WHO and the rest of the world still have not even approved SINOVAC as a vaccine, yet Thailand is pumping it into bodies, well at least a million so far.

Ryan you must be a Yank.

AZ vaccine is as good as any going around, 1 in 100,000 people get blood clots and 5% of those die, but because it's not a Yank product you bag it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I plan to get vaccinated again, even though I have had 2 jabs of Moderna. Getting a different type of vaccine later this year may both extend my immunity and give me wider protection against future mutations. 

Or I might die from the combination. 

Moderna is already prity far with a booster vaccine where the varriants will be in. Will be ready by approx September October. For future they are working on a yearly flu and covid vaccine all in one 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly you're not aware that studies have been done on how the MRNA vaccines are performing among the general population. And so far the news is very good.

I am aware that we have decades of live trials of the traditional vaccine production methods and ... "studies" on the other hand. I prefer to wait at least two years (a standard time to perform a new scientific research) to see that the "studies" will not be refuted by other "studies" that occurs sometimes in the scientific world.

Edited by friendofthai

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I plan to get vaccinated again, even though I have had 2 jabs of Moderna. Getting a different type of vaccine later this year may both extend my immunity and give me wider protection against future mutations. 

RIP

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

There we go... now not free.

As long you have a choice ....it is worth  the money for your health ...or life .......

I guess more useless money is paid by us foreigners in bars ....????

3 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Moderna and Pfizer are based on the new mRNA technology. Are the mRNA-based vaccines effective enough in real life? Do they have any dangerous side effects? We will see it for sure in the next 10 years of trials of this technology.

They are the most effective. And no dangerous side effects.

• Like 1

"expects to approve"...yeah right..more lip service and BS...this govt is so far behind..and the nottom libe is all they want to do is FORCE their own BS product on everyone...if they really wanted to help their people the vaccine would have been here a long time ago and half the population would have been finished already

..what bunch low life liars

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep he has been at it almost a year in buying vaccines up, well at least he claims to be, but the proof is in the pudding as my grandmother would say.

Haha, totally agree.. Thailand Ryan, 

at my reckoning they must have about 300 million vaccines stashed away somewhere, 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Its a favorite and you have not even tried it?

Thing is you don't get a lot of info when you try it.

I had the 2 Moderna jabs in January.

No side effects at all, my experience is no different than if I had not got the jab.

Does it protect me?  Who knows if I have been exposed to the virus.

I have not been sick, but I didn't get sick in the previous year either when the virus was present.

What can I conclude from my own experience?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phetphet said:

Dragging their feet until the home grown version is ready  for SALE.

Exactly, especially if claims made by overseas publications stating who the owner of Siam Biotech are to be believed. I hope this information hits Thai social media.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I've been drinking both Budweiser and Corona beer lately.  Hedging my bets.  I got the Pfizer vaccine, which sounds more like a German beer than Moderna.

15 hours ago, d2b2 said:

Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine has been approved here for weeks, but there is never any mention of efforts to procure any.

J&J orders are never mentioned or listed in the government’s plans for importation. What is the reasoning behind approving a vaccine and then sitting on your hands and not buying any?

something is amiss.

Assuming that it is effective with only 1 shot, it is certainly easier to administer en masse than the two-shot vaccines.  The lower storage temperature also helps with deployment. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thailand likes the words: should, expected , hope, targeting, soon, ... but unfortunately.... it takes very long to act quickly for  anything

We are targeting coulda, woulda, shoulda soon.  Stay tuned for another episode of "As the Thai Turns."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

So the government import permit,  or Big Brown Envelope is what the hold up amounts to for Moderna or Pfizer.

Just what I thought\

Geezer

It's called supply and demand.  Right now, there's a limited supply and a HUGE demand.  I'd also say a very poor plan by the Thai military government.  They blew it.

how are the subs going? has the general paid for them? or has he put them on hold? got to be careful the Chinese government is in a sh ty mood looking to take blood and that is no joke, and they say they no have covid 19 now how the hell did they do that? and why are they not telling the rest of the world 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pfizer said that they are in talk with the Thai government, my question is why need to talk why not just approved it, i mean its not like its unsafe or anything, if they can't handle it let private hospital do

• Like 1

BioNtech, the German company that developed the Pfizer with Pfizer has signed with a Chinese pharma to produce its vaccine.  Since the government has a love for anything to do with China, we might eventually see Chinese "Pfizer" here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vinci said:

Pfizer said that they are in talk with the Thai government, my question is why need to talk why not just approved it, i mean its not like its unsafe or anything, if they can't handle it let private hospital do

The Thai FDA jsut needs to rubber stamp extensive work done by its Western counterparts but is one of the most corrupt government agencies.  Go figure.  After that comes the GPO which has to import the vaccines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

The Thai FDA jsut needs to rubber stamp extensive work done by its Western counterparts but is one of the most corrupt government agencies.  Go figure.  After that comes the GPO which has to import the vaccines.

But the Thai FDA needs to make it appear rubber stamping is hard....takes time.   And there is also the big decision of which ink color to use.....I think green is the current fade.

image.png.a6464ceaaa67d6bfd6f3fef40a0c21af.pngimage.png.d59a4daf93c79006cd979790fc652f7c.png

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:16 PM, Danderman123 said:

It is always a tough  medical decision.   It is an unknow territory because no Vaccines has proven the duration of its immunity and how it will work when mixing type of vaccines. that will be more studies,. 

The worst scenario,  there may be  some kind of a booster by the end of year. That would help.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, bluesofa said:

A studious little beaver.

I think the whole world is in the same situation . Every government  in the world is doing their best to secure enough vaccines. the supply is limited . the fear is the mutation  and spread of this virus no matter how well the vaccination effort is going.

We all hope for the best outcome.

I just left Thailand for work and will get both jabs of the sputnik v, and Thailand will still require a 14 day quarantine by the time I return early July. Zero basis for this, except for a useless bureaucracy and irrational fear... And of course, greed. 

11 minutes ago, Namtak said:

I just left Thailand for work and will get both jabs of the sputnik v, and Thailand will still require a 14 day quarantine by the time I return early July. Zero basis for this, except for a useless bureaucracy and irrational fear... And of course, greed. 

There is a basis for it. It's not yet been determined that a person who has been vaccinated can be reinfected and contagious. So until a substantial portion of the Thai populace has been vaccinated, the government is being cautious.

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There is a basis for it. It's not yet been determined that a person who has been vaccinated can be reinfected and contagious. So until a substantial portion of the Thai populace has been vaccinated, the government is being cautious.

Sorry, but I don't agree with 14 days of quarantine after fully vaccinated. 7 days, two tests, that would be sane and based in reality. 

• Like 1