Mobile Phone Provider Packages

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It even states in your advertisement that SMS are charged at 2 baht per SMS. Why would you feel the need to call Truemove H for anything??

Just don't. You can go to them to register it once you have the SIM or do it online via video call. Otherwise the vendor may be able to register it for you once you have purchased.

It's all above board.

Well it is just totally confusing with all these different packages, you would have thought that getting it from the "Horse's Mouth" would have been reliable. Anyway, I have ordered this one as it seems like it does everything I need and probably more, the agent reckons all I need is a passport to register it.

**ส่งฟรี** ซิมเทพธอร์ 10Mbps ซิม ทรู เทพ Sim Net TRUE ใช้ได้ไม่อั้น 1 ปีเต็ม ไม่ลดสปีด ซิมเติมเงินเน็ต 4G Unlimited ตัวแทนทรู | Lazada.co.th

Just now, Formaleins said:

Well it is just totally confusing with all these different packages, you would have thought that getting it from the "Horse's Mouth" would have been reliable. Anyway, I have ordered this one as it seems like it does everything I need and probably more, the agent reckons all I need is a passport to register it.

**ส่งฟรี** ซิมเทพธอร์ 10Mbps ซิม ทรู เทพ Sim Net TRUE ใช้ได้ไม่อั้น 1 ปีเต็ม ไม่ลดสปีด ซิมเติมเงินเน็ต 4G Unlimited ตัวแทนทรู | Lazada.co.th

Yes; the guys here have actually been using these SIMs. Whereas the employees only know what they are told. Networks supply different packages to the Independents. Otherwise everyone would just buy directly from the networks and not bother with independents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You had to keep topping up to keep the SIM valid, that's the reason.   

Current facilities on True and Dtac allow you use your phone credit to buy extra SIM validation after you've had the SIM for 90 days (TrueMH), eg 30 days validity extension is B3 deducted from your balance up to 90 days extension for B15.     That way you don't build up an unnecessarily high balance.

How do you perform that secret task? - I have bought one of the yearly SIMS from Lazada, do you know what happens after a year, i.e. can you pay for another year and keep the same phone number or do you just buy a new number with a new card? or can you add credit to extend the SIM?

How do you perform that secret task? - I have bought one of the yearly SIMS from Lazada, do you know what happens after a year, i.e. can you pay for another year and keep the same phone number or do you just buy a new number with a new card? or can you add credit to extend the SIM?

That has already been covered at length in earlier posts. You need to port the number to the new yearly SIM. DTAC in your case, unless you change your mind about AIS.

1 minute ago, Formaleins said:

"How do you perform that secret task?"

For normal SIMs, dial these numbers from your phone (after the qualifying period)...

Extend DTAC 30 days, *113*30*9#  (B2)

Extend DTAC 60 days, *113*60*9 # (B4)
Extend DTAC 90 days, *113*90*9#  (B6)
Extend DTAC 180 days, *113*180*9#  (B12)

Extend TruemoveH 30 days,  *934*30#  (B3)
Extend TruemoveH 90 days,  *934*90#  (B9)
Extend TruemoveH 180 days,  *934*180# (B15)

You'll get an SMS confirming the new SIM validity.

No idea about the Lazada specials, sorry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

That has already been covered at length in earlier posts. You need to port the number to the new yearly SIM. DTAC in your case, unless you change your mind about AIS.

Don't give me heart failure, the card I bought is True, not DTAC! - Anyway if this works, I have a year to sort everything out.

Thanks all of you for pitching in, some really useful advice here again. Things seemed to be going South on TV after George flogged it, great to see so many helpful posts over the past couple of years.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

"How do you perform that secret task?"

For normal SIMs, dial these numbers from your phone (after the qualifying period)...

Extend DTAC 30 days, *113*30*9#  (B2)

Extend DTAC 60 days, *113*60*9 # (B4)
Extend DTAC 90 days, *113*90*9#  (B6)
Extend DTAC 180 days, *113*180*9#  (B12)

Extend TruemoveH 30 days,  *934*30#  (B3)
Extend TruemoveH 90 days,  *934*90#  (B9)
Extend TruemoveH 180 days,  *934*180# (B15)

You'll get an SMS confirming the new SIM validity.

No idea about the Lazada specials, sorry.

Thank you!

Don't give me heart failure, the card I bought is True, not DTAC! - Anyway if this works, I have a year to sort everything out.

Thanks all of you for pitching in, some really useful advice here again. Things seemed to be going South on TV after George flogged it, great to see so many helpful posts over the past couple of years.

Yes, I explained earlier than you can only port numbers to other networks. Now you have Truemove H; so you can only move the number to DTAC or AIS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Yes, I explained earlier than you can only port numbers to other networks. Now you have Truemove H; so you can only move the number to DTAC or AIS.

Getting too old to understand all this stuff. Back in my day I was working on cutting edge technology, now I am lost at sea! But if this works on the yearly SIM then it is more than enough for me. - One last question, these 12 month SIMS do come with a phone number don't they? They do not require that you already have a number?

Edited by Formaleins

I have always use my farang sim in phone! Yeah stupid if think cost! In home or our town rental always connect to wifi anyway. Every month buy 1 Gb connection whit 12 € and no hassle! Calls i haddle whit Line or Watssapp (in Thailand)! Always take best conection available AIS or DTAC dont care!

One reason for that is that many people need to to get me on phone from Finland! When try to haddle "covid" flights back Finland phone bill was over 800€.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just add, for the benefit of others, any credit added to the annual AIS sim is valid for the year, you do not need to top it up monthly.

Things just keep getting better, Lazada / True Move yearly card, unbelievable, 36 Baht a week or 156 Baht a month, why would anyone buy the monthly packages from the main stores? What is the catch here or is this the gift that keeps on giving?

It is almost worth giving up my TOT Fibre to Home and pairing the new mobile onto my router, and with the money I save I could by another two routers and set them up as a MESH!

Edited by Formaleins

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I have always use my farang sim in phone! Yeah stupid if think cost! In home or our town rental always connect to wifi anyway. Every month buy 1 Gb connection whit 12 € and no hassle! Calls i haddle whit Line or Watssapp (in Thailand)! Always take best conection available AIS or DTAC dont care!

One reason for that is that many people need to to get me on phone from Finland! When try to haddle "covid" flights back Finland phone bill was over 800€.

Thats the beauty of DUAL sim phones, keep one from home and one local, best of both worlds and much more cost efficient.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thats the beauty of DUAL sim phones, keepone from home and one local, best of both worlds and much more cost efficient.

Lol yeah i know , but dont like those phones. Can carry 2 also if want.???? Normal cost something like 440 bth/month (Thailand) whit farang sim so not much. And need to answear all calls from Finland and that cost also.

Edited by 2 is 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Lol yeah i know , but dont like those phones. Can carry 2 also if want.????

God, don't put me in a panic attack - Dual SIMS - I can barely understand getting one of these things to work! I am actually really depressed about having to get a phone at all as I was perfectly capable of getting by without one of these damn things. I hate them. Back in the mid -90's I worked for a company that was very tech centred and we had our cars fitted with the latest Motorola hands free mobiles, so we could all stay "in touch" - Jesus, how I hated that thing, they would ring you any time of day or night, trying to drive late at night on motorways and they would be ringing and ringing and ringing, I used to just switch mine off. Now you look at the world, no one talking, everyone buried in their phone - Android=Zombie! At least I haven't had to succumb to wearing a watch yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

Thanks, I just checked with True Move and they say they do not support SMS

I suspect there was a misunderstanding - you do not even need a smart phone for SMS - everyone supports it.  It get them fine on my Nokia 3310 using DTAC and removed a TRUE sim as was getting far too many SMS advertisements on a previous 2 sim phone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Getting too old to understand all this stuff. Back in my day I was working on cutting edge technology, now I am lost at sea! But if this works on the yearly SIM then it is more than enough for me. - One last question, these 12 month SIMS do come with a phone number don't they? They do not require that you already have a number?

Yes they come with a number. everything that you need. Just top it up with some credit for the occasional call or SMS.

That's the beauty of these forums; to share knowledge and to support each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

I suspect there was a misunderstanding - you do not even need a smart phone for SMS - everyone supports it.  It get them fine on my Nokia 3310 using DTAC and removed a TRUE sim as was getting far too many SMS advertisements on a previous 2 sim phone.

I think you are correct, I think SMS is possibly an outdated term as they seem to be using the abbreviation MMS rather than SMS, Kids today eh? Never had it so good!

2 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

I think you are correct, I think SMS is possibly an outdated term as they seem to be using the abbreviation MMS rather than SMS, Kids today eh? Never had it so good!

Now you are mixing terminology ! MMS is multi media message like video etc, SMS is a txt message. Standard message service. They are not the same at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

Yes they come with a number. everything that you need. Just top it up with some credit for the occasional call or SMS.

That's the beauty of these forums; to share knowledge and to support each other.

It is pretty uplifting when in a few minutes there are people here willing to help out for no benefit, kind of makes you think there is still a lot of genuine people out there. Nice.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

God, don't put me in a panic attack - Dual SIMS - I can barely understand getting one of these things to work! I am actually really depressed about having to get a phone at all as I was perfectly capable of getting by without one of these damn things. I hate them. Back in the mid -90's I worked for a company that was very tech centred and we had our cars fitted with the latest Motorola hands free mobiles, so we could all stay "in touch" - Jesus, how I hated that thing, they would ring you any time of day or night, trying to drive late at night on motorways and they would be ringing and ringing and ringing, I used to just switch mine off. Now you look at the world, no one talking, everyone buried in their phone - Android=Zombie! At least I haven't had to succumb to wearing a watch yet!

You don't need a phone. Mine is in a router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/th/home-networking/3g-4g-router/tl-mr100/

Nope MMS are different from SMS. MMS are SMS with the ability to send pictures.

• Like 1

Just now, CharlieH said:

Now you are mixing terminology ! MMS is multi media message like video etc, SMS is a txt message. Standard message service.

I think I am going into some sort of meltdown, technology has left me struggling to tread water and keep afloat! I read up on a lot of the modern day hi Tech stuff, but something as basic as getting a phone to do what I want is totally baffling. 12 year olds make me look like a fossilized dinosaur. I tell the time here by the sun, they all laugh but I can get within 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Nope MMS are different from SMS. MMS are SMS with the ability to send pictures.

But they should still be good for this two stage verification rubbish for Google /Banks/ Gmail etc?

You seem to be clued up on this stuff, can I ask you a quick question, (hoping that the answer is positive) I just nearly made a huge mistake and nearly ordered a new Huawei P40 Pro phone ( I like photography) but then I found out that this phone does not support anything from Google, i.e. Gmail, Youtube Google apps. etc. however, the vendor advised me that the Huawei P30 Pro still supports Google, do you know if this is correct? I get conflicting answers on the net, but most seem to confirm that it does. I only need Gmail, Skype, Youtube, maybe Plex, but I really bought it for the camera.

Edited by Formaleins

But they should still be good for this two stage verification rubbish for Google /Banks/ Gmail etc?

You seem to be clued up on this stuff, can I ask you a 

Yes. You have the ability to send both SMS and MMS. But no need to use MMS these days now we have 3G, 4G and 5G.

Before we just had GSM and 2.5G.

4 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

You seem to be clued up on this stuff, can I ask you a 

Yes he is , he is very helpful and would not knowingly mislead you. You would do well to follow his advice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Nope. Unlimited is 1390 baht now. The one for 1250 has a GB limit.

Ok think splitting hairs here 140 b over CA year.. but still think it depends where you get it from

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Yes. You have the ability to send both SMS and MMS. But no need to use MMS these days now we have 3G, 4G and 5G.

Before we just had GSM and 2.5G.

Last phone I used was running internet on EDGE - another old Nokia I bought at Airport Plaza during the reign of Thaksin - paid over the odds for it as it had 3G, which never really happened and was a waste of money. 7500 was an expensive phone then, but the exchange rates made it less painful - We were getting anything between 65 -85 Baht for 1 GBP back then, a guy who was here earlier even got closer to 90/GBP! The good old days.

• Like 1