Pattaya: German in a Benz kills motorcycle taxi woman after she  shoos away soi dogs

webfact

4 minutes ago, josthomz said:

And you want me to post online a copy of a report of an ongoing case. 

You live in Narnia?

Maybe I should call him and say: "Hey mate, send me a copy of the report so that I can upload it to ThaiVisa and have the experts with over 20 decades of experience have a look at it and decide what went wrong and who is to blame" 

Needless to say I haven't even seen that report myself.

Grow up.

Where do you read i ask you to publish it?

Let me introduce you to the fantastic world of the private messages

anyway you have picked my interest with this fantastic story so

i am going to do some research, in the next days 

a team of Pattaya News was on the site after the accident

so i will ask to Adam what was the situation here

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, RobMuir said:

Maybe he bothered to read the link.

The headline of the link says the Benz didn't brake in time and hit a girl who was trying to get a dog off the road.

The German ran up her behind and killed her. He is clearly at fault. That is the law.

I have a feeling if it was a Thai hiso Benz driver who hit a 21 year old female farango tourist from behind you wouldn't be apologizing for him.

RIP

PM sent to Red Bull Boy-racer  re: " that is the law "......see what the Thai judicial take is on that eh ?

5 minutes ago, josthomz said:

Reported btw. 

It is clear that those of you who criticize Thailand, Thais and life in Thailand are just plain out racist, gerontophobic, probably homophobic too... 

Who you think you are to call other people old over the internet? Keyboard warrior?

Do you have comprehension problems?

You didn't even realised the old chestnut was the use of 

''if you don't like this or that, you can leave Thailand and back to your country''

an option usualy chosen by someone without any decent argument and

often used on this forum, hence the ''old chestnut'' for the expression

You must be new here if you don't have read that already at least 10 times

16 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

There is no radar or any need to fly under it.

The BIB certainly know the difference between a 3 series and an 850. They know this because of what their bosses drive. 

But a 3 series or even a 5 series - it's not considered serious wealth here. Not even close. 

Do you really think the BiB care about the model, especially in covid time?

Edited by Leaver

12 minutes ago, josthomz said:

It is clear that those of you who criticize Thailand, Thais and life in Thailand are just plain out racist, gerontophobic, probably homophobic too... 

Strange thing to post.

Are you aware of the way corruption works here?  

On 5/11/2021 at 3:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You think this car was travelling at 100 speed (100kmh) ???... You looked a the photo, right?

You saw the minimal damage which indicates a relatively low speed impact, right ????

It was going fast enough for the bike to be wedged in the front bumper and remain there until the car came to a halt (kinetic energy doesn't allow cars to stop instantly) after throwing the woman backwards into the windscreen.

3 minutes ago, josthomz said:

Apologies, not native English speaker. Realized later.

no problem

i am not native english speaker too

so i can understand sometimes it's not easy

nb: i can not be gerontophobic myself as i am not far from my 60

so not really anymore a ''young boy'' ahaha

• Thanks 1

If you chose to continue bickering, you will receive a suspension.  The topic is simple and straightforward and it is NOT about any other member, what you think of them or what you think about their opinion.  Keep it civil.  

On 5/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, mrfill said:

And yet the UK has its Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals (founded 1824), but can only manage the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (founded 1884 - 60 years later).

So what?  How does the title of the organisation matter?   Queen Victoria granted Royal Charters to both organisations.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It's an interesting theory - but the rear wheel of the motorbike is still completely round.

The Benz crumpled because that is what cars do nowadays - in fact it's called the crumple zone. It's a safety feature that absorbs energy creating less damage.

If he'd been going very fast, the rear of the bike would not look like it was barely damaged. 

True the front end crumpled as you say -  and the bike was embedded in the front. Look at the photos from the Red Bull Incident the rear wheel of that motorbike was not crumpled modern motorbike wheels do not crumple in the same way as the old wheels did especially when hit square on from behind the round shape is very strong. If she had been hit from the side it is more likely the wheel would have warped but the photo shows that she was hit from behind

On 5/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, jacko45k said:
On 5/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, Stefan halenko said:

3  For the lady to be thrown backwards onto the car windscreen again appears to be a sudden impact rather than a shunt

Why would she be thrown backwards.... ?

Kinetic energy. The bike would be pushed ahead by the car, she'd be launched into the air and land on the approaching car's bonnet/ windscreen.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:07 PM, sead said:

Just take a look at those tinted windows. It's ridicolous 

Just take a look at the photo of the reflective glass of the windows, taken at night with an unlit car interior.  It's ridiculous to judge the level of the tint from where you're looking.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, RobMuir said:

The headline of the link says the Benz didn't brake in time and hit a girl who was trying to get a dog off the road.

The German ran up her behind and killed her. He is clearly at fault. That is the law.

No, it doesn't, the headline is this...

"Sad girl is afraid of a dog being hit by a car. Riding on the sides Benz does not brake, the end of the brake is turned off".

That same linked article also says...

"Win a motorcycle, a girl riding a motorcycle, herding a dog in the way A young German man can't drive a Benz on the brakes End of the word"

It's a brave man who apportions blame based on any report translated like that!

7 hours ago, pedro01 said:

It's an interesting theory - but the rear wheel of the motorbike is still completely round.

And how did you determine that, I can't see it in the OP picture? 

You made it up!

7 hours ago, bojo said:

I gotta say, no matter how many years I have experienced Thai life/style, I still can't get my head around  the Thai way of compensation for death'...is it only me??

It is done in Arabic countries too....'deya' if I recall. Depends on what the victim's nearest and dearest is prepared to accept. 

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Kinetic energy. The bike would be pushed ahead by the car, she'd be launched into the air and land on the approaching car's bonnet/ windscreen.

And why would she be thrown backwards if the kinetic energy/ inertia is from a vehicle moving forwards? The car hit her!

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And why would she be thrown backwards if the kinetic energy/ inertia is from a vehicle moving forwards? The car hit her!

The momentum was against the bike, not her, she remained stationary whilst the car moved forward, that's why she hit the windshield which you can see is badly damaged from the impact.

5 minutes ago, Brierley said:

The momentum was against the bike, not her, she remained stationary whilst the car moved forward, that's why she hit the windshield which you can see is badly damaged from the impact.

As I said, the car hit her from behind and she was not thrown backwards. Momentum has direction.

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As I said, the car hit her from behind and she was not thrown backwards. Momentum has direction.

Agreed. but the bike was pushed from under her, she was not hit, she remained stationary, she had no momentum, only the car and the bike did.

10 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Agreed. but the bike was pushed from under her, she was not hit, she remained stationary, she had no momentum, only the car and the bike did.

She was hit by the windscreen. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

She was hit by the windscreen. 

Sort of. The windshield didn't exactly jump out and hit her by itself, the car propelled itself into a more or less stationary body whilst moving the bike forward from under her. Again the bike and the car have momentum, the much lighter body did not, the first time the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

1 minute ago, Brierley said:

Sort of. The windshield didn't exactly jump out and hit her by itself, the car propelled itself into a more or less stationary body whilst moving the bike forward from under her. Again the bike and the car have momentum, the much lighter body did not, the first time the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

I suspect you are German!

I thought we were mosly agreeing actually. 

9 minutes ago, Brierley said:

the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

Now you got her moving backwards again!

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought we were mosly agreeing actually. 

Now you got her moving backwards again!

No, silly, the car was moving forward, she didn't have momentum, the car did. Try this....put one small object on top of another, two corks or similar. Now, flick the bottom cork forward and see what happens to the top cork, it falls but remains broadly where it is because it has no lateral momentum. Meanwhile, your finger, aka the car, moves into the space previously occupied by the lower cork, aka the bike and the upper cork has just bounced off your finger, aka the windshield. 

• Like 1