Stuff to do?

Jajazazajaja

53 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

You know her better than we do.  What does she enjoy doing?  Is she a Facebook zombie?  If she enjoys cooking, generally eating and then planning the next meal is of critical importance to a Thai woman.  Go out in the evenings to shop for the things you need to cook that days meals.  Maybe introduce her to your hobbies and see if she has any interest in the things you do, if not just find some common ground or make going to Lumpini Park to exercise a thing. 

P.S.  She is probably worried you're staying alone so that you don't find another woman ????

The parks are all closed.

I’ve probably phrased the question wrong

we have both recognized that in our relationship in the past, we wasted time not doing a great deal and that maybe we should do do “things” 

we talked about volunteering at an orphanage, but they dont allow people in during the lockdown. Maybe we can help handing out food somewhere 

I’ve got a dodgy volunteer visa, I might as well earn my keep 

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Get a motorcycle and ride around with her. You still get out but she doesn't have to walk for hours. Win/win.

last I heard sitting in traffic jams is an acquired taste and on a motocyy, bad for your health...

op - when living in Bkk many years ago - we used to mostly go our own way then meet for an afternoon movie or dinner and whatever friends we were hanging with could come too... or not... 

we did well with spaces in our togetherness... and 20 years later, we do the same.. just out of Bkk... marriage is nice - freedom is nice... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:
9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Get a motorcycle and ride around with her. You still get out but she doesn't have to walk for hours. Win/win.

last I heard sitting in traffic jams is an acquired taste and on a motocyy, bad for your health...

With a decent motorcycle there is not much traffic jam. And with decent I mean a bike which is small enough to maneuver between the cars.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

If you have ever had a Thai girlfriend or wife you would know how important food is to them.  Halfway through their 4th meal of the day they are already planning the 5th and 6th.  It's pretty impressive.

Yea, yea. Any other cliches?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

With a decent motorcycle there is not much traffic jam. And with decent I mean a bike which is small enough to maneuver between the cars.

and thankfully there is so much traffic that the cars can't change lanes w/o looking or drive erratically... but then visiting the hospital is something to do together... of course it is more expensive than a movie. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’ve probably phrased the question wrong

we have both recognized that in our relationship in the past, we wasted time not doing a great deal and that maybe we should do do “things” 

we talked about volunteering at an orphanage, but they dont allow people in during the lockdown. Maybe we can help handing out food somewhere 

I’ve got a dodgy volunteer visa, I might as well earn my keep 

You need an activity that you both enjoy doing that will carry the relationship forward.

Hiking, bowling, golfing, kayaking, baking, running, gardening, traveling, diving, camping. Touring Thailand and neighboing countries to see all the best temples.

Teach her a skill of some sort.

You shouldn't ask a poor person to give their time to other poor people. She should elect to do it of her own Accord and would voluntarily do it without you. Volunteering will be problematic for you.

For myself motorcycling around Bangkok, going to 'parks' bad ideas. She'll hate it. Hot, sticky, dangerous, unfun.

Start off by going to the movies if open. You can make that a fun activity by visiting what's left of the old movie houses like Scala (which I think closed now).

Edited by kynikoi
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, tonray said:

Walking back to the car from lunch...GF bought roast duck and noodles....

Noooo, really?!

I also sometimes buy stuff for dinner when out for lunch. I need to check my birth certificate!

Edited by Johnny Mac
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

My teeruk is coming down to BKK to stay with me, as she’s worried about me staying alone.

My Wife told me this  tripe, I told her to stay where she was , I wasn't  lonely  in any way, she's a  walking untidy nightmare when she comes so I prefer it if  she stays in the condo I bought for her in Bangkok???? meanwhile I stay far from the madding crowd.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

All they need is piles of food and the internet, and a bed to lie in most of the day. They don't want to do much at all

So the same as most farangs then?

Like all year round hot countries, the motivation to do much isn't there as it's too damned hot.  It's not a normal way to live. Far from it in fact.

Edited by Johnny Mac