Will you take the Covid vaccine if you are offered it in Thailand?

WineOh

Will you take the Covid vaccine in Thailand?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yes.  Because I understand statistics and risk.

No. Because I understand statistics and risk. A measly year's worth of statistics and acceptable, to me, risk.

Imagine it's 1955 only it's really 2020. Some bad batches of polio vaccine are released. YouTube and Twitter are deleting posts going against the 'scientific concensus' that the vaccine prevents polio. Denier's are claiming the vaccine is killing people. It was.

I'm not a denier, just need a larger, longer sampling to truly know the risks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, faraday said:

A lot of posts from "Goodwill Jones"...????

@Scott

Well maybe there is a competition  going on here amongst anti vaxers. You know, how many misleading posts they can make before being reprimanded????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

If i suspected shinovax i would not take it. Just because i think its not really good against the other variants. I don't think it will be a long wait. But who knows. I think in 2 to 3 months it will be available. 

Your uninformed opinion creates vaccine hesitancy amongst others, if you're not an expert in the subject matter or cannot post an authoritative link, your comments do more harm than good so why even bother to comment!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brierley said:

Your uninformed opinion creates vaccine hesitancy amongst others, if you're not an expert in the subject matter or cannot post an authoritative link, your comments do more harm than good so why even bother to comment!

ShinovaC and the other Chinese vaccine are not good against the other variants (there is data to prove that not uninformed at all) Plus who would take a vaccine that did not have the same openness of testing as the European and American vaccines. 

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. 

We have learned that you are <deleted> argumentative. 

......oh and I am a yes, first jab done. 

You mean that I am logical and I understand the English language and I am not influenced by meaningless statistics or polls  If you are , then good luck to you.  

13 hours ago, poskat said:

whats it to you

If you are truly a doctor like you claim to be, you should have reported the side effects to the ministry of health so that they can determine what you said is true or not.

It will be recorded in their books and taken as evidence. Details such as hospital name, health worker name, time and date of incident, side effects verified by another health worker etc. 

If they find the vaccine to cause major side effects in a lot of cases, the ministry of health will discontinue the use of it for the safety of everyone in Thailand.

This is prevent people from spreading unfounded propaganda.

Edited by EricTh

For the vaccine there are 2 important percentage numbers. First how many percentage in not can become covid (for be a risk to others) and as second how many percentage risk for become heavy symptoms or have to die.

If the risk for can still become covid is not that good, but the risk for longterm symptoms or any symptoms at all is near 0, then I would take that vaccine. as the main concern at the moment is not to become any dangerous symptoms..

On 5/14/2021 at 11:06 PM, bermondburi said:

Had the AZ. Jumped at the chance. Waiting for my 2nd, if it enables normal travel then a resounding YES .????????

You'll be waiting until the people of whatever country you wish to travel to have been vaccinated to at least 65% as well.

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You'll be waiting until the people of whatever country you wish to travel to have been vaccinated to at least 65% as well.

New rules in my country of residence for returning residents effective 20th May. All travellers must do a 7 day quarantine. Exempt 14 days after 1st shot of vaccination. I'm reaping the benefits already .????????????

2 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

New rules in my country of residence for returning residents effective 20th May. All travellers must do a 7 day quarantine. Exempt 14 days after 1st shot of vaccination. I'm reaping the benefits already .????????????

Are you traveling back to your home country?  Is the population around 65% vaccinated?  

On 5/14/2021 at 9:06 AM, bermondburi said:

Had the AZ. Jumped at the chance. Waiting for my 2nd, if it enables normal travel then a resounding YES .????????

The best vaccine is the one you can get the soonest.  I could have gotten a Pfizer shot but took AZ instead because I could get it a few weeks earlier. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, ezzra said:

Thai people i know have been offerd the Sinovac and refused to take it, of course if anything better and more depended and repeatable will be offerd and from a trusted source it should be taken...

'Thai people i know have been offerd the Sinovac and refused to take it'..I call BS. Prove it. Sorry but the very few Thais I know have accepted  it with gratitude  and expect to have more choice next year or later this year. They are medical staff...

On 5/14/2021 at 11:43 PM, Mark Nothing said:

No, I won't vaccinate, because my research indicates the common cold is derived from poor nutritional diet, overwork, stress, and seasonal changes.

By eating a proper diet, maintaining my ideal body weight, controlling my stress, not overloading on work, I have not had a cold for 10 years.

I do not believe in the virus theory of contagion based on researching the topic, and learning what prior doctors believed.  Yes, this involved reading books.

After years of traveling the world and seeing the health and vitality of the citizenry declining,  I researched and implemented alternatives with excellent results and have discarded "science".

Lol...I don't believe  in gravity either and I know the  world is Flat

• Haha 2

I'll wait. I have a stent in my heart and have no plans to travel. Also I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten me about the risk a vaccinated person would have coming into contact with a non-vaccinated person. I have no strong feelings either way if a people want to vax or not, it's a personal decision based on the life we're leading, but I don't fully understand the resentment against the anti-vaxers

On 5/17/2021 at 1:42 AM, bermondburi said:

Yes.

No. About 25% I believe.

I have read reports that some countries may require a short quarantine of around 2 or 3 days even for fully vaccinated people returning. 

I'm not sure if tourists would be prepared to do any quarantine at all, if part of a 2 week holiday.