Will you take the Covid vaccine if you are offered it in Thailand?

WineOh

Will you take the Covid vaccine in Thailand?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

would like to get everyones feedback on whether or not they will take the covid vaccine when it is their chance to do so.

The question in the poll is not referring to any specific branded vaccine, so please answer on the basis that you do not have a choice in which vaccine you receive.

Thanks for any and all responses. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

For sure i will go for moderna of pfizer if its at private hospitals. Those seem to be the best quality ones. Shinovac I would not use and the Astra Zenica is not bad but moderna and Pfizer are better. So if there is a choice id go for the best.

choice may mean a long wait. possibly years, who knows.

Would you take it if you didn't know which brand was offered to you?

Thai people i know have been offerd the Sinovac and refused to take it, of course if anything better and more depended and repeatable will be offerd and from a trusted source it should be taken...

• Like 2

I will wait for Moderna as it seems to have the best track record so far and with very little adverse reactions.

In the interim I have had both the Flu and Pneumonia vaccinates for my age which will give me protection against those two viruses, noting Pneumonia kills near 50,000 people in Thailand per year, suffice to say, if one did get one or both of those viruses and were not vaccinated and also got infected with Covid 19 it wouldn't be a good ending.

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I would only take the Sinovac, which is a real vaccine, as opposed to the others which are experimental therapies...but only if I got something in return, in terms of freedom.

In other words, I will not rush to get a shot but let others (the 70%) get theirs, and see how things unfold from there.

sinovac would probably give you more freedom/benefits within Thailand than other vaccines, but the complete opposite if you wanted to visit other countries

I can imagine a vaccine passport labelled as sinovac would mean no more dual pricing or visa runs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, take my money!

I will take whatever is on offer. Sinovac was originally for under 60's but now that vaccine is in short supply, it's now ok - too much confusion so I would opt to let that one pass until I see accurate recommendations.

If I have a choice i'd go for Pfizer, as my identical twin brother in the UK has had both shots ages ago with no side effects whatsoever. We also have the same underlying conditions.

Just get a <DELETED> move on!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No.

I would take the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine if given the choice but if I have no choice then I'd refuse.

If COVID-19 cases do rise in Thailand significantly I'd consider the other vaccines but at the moment the costs outweigh the benefits.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I would only take the Sinovac, which is a real vaccine, as opposed to the others which are experimental therapies...

What?   You trust the Chinese to carry out all of the necessary research and checks over a western vaccine? How very strange.  They are the most lying duplicitous outfit  known to man. I wouldn't trust them to produce a safe cup of coffee., let alone a vaccine    

• Haha 2

I plan on it but saw this today:

Torres was placed on the COVID-19 injured list after testing positive for the coronavirus for the second time in less than a year. The Yankees announced Torres' diagnosis Thursday, saying he "was fully vaccinated and previously had COVID-19 during the most recent baseball offseason."

Gleyber Torres is the shortstop for the New York Yankees.

Had Covid before and was vaccinated and still got it again.

So, no sure thing these vaccines it seems.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ignis said:

No never I will chance it

Have adverse reactions to most Vaccines + a lot of Med's 

I tried the Flu vaccine in year 2000 = 21 years later still suffering from the side effects

had part 1 of the Pneumonia vaccine last September = taken to Hospital in a Coma for 4 nights and told Do not take Part 2..

Well I am not an anti vaccer I do get my flu shot every year but I will wait for the covid shot

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

What?   You trust the Chinese to carry out all of the necessary research and checks over a western vaccine? How very strange.  

You are comparing two very different things.

The Chinese didn't have to do much research to produce a traditional vaccine, that is, to inject a deactivated version of the virus.

This type of vaccine presents little danger, but has been known to be poorly efficient against coronaviruses, because of the very specific location these viruses use to colonize.

The Western therapies/vaccines on the other hand are brand new and have never been used with humans until now.

On top of that, they have not been fully tested before being injected in unsuspecting volunteers/human guinea pigs.

So much so that the US CDC has yet to approve these therapies/vaccines, something that won't happen before the usual trials have been completed, probably years from now.

Since no one knows the future, no one knows the long term effects of these new therapies/vaccines.

There could be little or none, or there could be a lot, and that is a risk I am not willing to take...in my situation.

Now, if I was in the high risk population (obese, hypertension, diabetes...), my position could be different because the risk/reward balance would be different...

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I would not take Sinovac as i am over 60 and have had heart trouble for a long time,astra zeneca i think will be offered instead,that should be ok

Because when Sinovac  was initially trialed it involved  very few people in that age group which led to the mistaken belief that it was dangerous or ineffective. Follow up trials have established it is safe and effective. Now longer term evidence is that it also has proven efficacy in preventing severe symptomatic infection and or death. On that evidence the WHO has finally deemed it valid .

I have no significant issues in receiving it at earliest opportunity rather than wait for an alternative in what could be the much or very longer term.

6 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You are comparing two very different things.

The Chinese didn't have to do much research to produce a traditional vaccine, that is, to inject a deactivated version of the virus.

This type of vaccine presents little danger, but has been known to be poorly efficient against coronaviruses, because of the very specific location these viruses use to colonize.

The Western therapies/vaccines on the other hand are brand new and have never been used with humans until now.

On top of that, they have not been fully tested before being injected in unsuspecting volunteers/human guinea pigs.

So much so that the US CDC has yet to approve these therapies/vaccines, something that won't happen before the usual trials have been completed, probably years from now.

Since no one knows the future, no one knows the long term effects of these new therapies/vaccines.

There could be little or none, or there could be a lot, and that is a risk I am not willing to take...in my situation.

Now, if I was in the high risk population (obese, hypertension, diabetes...), my position could be different because the risk/reward balance would be different...

I guess you could argue that they had more time to develop a vaccine as their irresponsibility, or planning,  produced the virus in the first place.  I am no apologist for those criminals and neither should anyone be. 

42 minutes ago, WineOh said:

No it is not meaningless.

When you get sticked for tetanus, MMR, typhoid, influenza, rabies, TB etc do you ask what brand it is and where does it come from?

No, you just keep your mouth shut, roll up your sleeve and let the doctor give you the shot.

If everyone wants to wait for a vaccine that is made in a western country the queue will be awfully long, wont it?

Sometimes you have no choice but to take whatever they give you.

Or dont take it and risk the consequences. 

up to you.

Except for rabies I've had all the above for 20+ years along with anthrax and small pox jabs. it was a job requirement. There's a difference as these have a proven track record vs covid which is still in the infancy stage.

• Like 1

In future , it is a fair bet that anyone wanting to travel internationally will find things a lot easier if vaccinated.

This is sufficient reason for me to say yes to a vaccine although I am in no rush and would prefer to get it a month or so before my journey.

44 minutes ago, WineOh said:

No it is not meaningless.

When you get sticked for tetanus, MMR, typhoid, influenza, rabies, TB etc do you ask what brand it is and where does it come from?

No, you just keep your mouth shut, roll up your sleeve and let the doctor give you the shot.

If everyone wants to wait for a vaccine that is made in a western country the queue will be awfully long, wont it?

Sometimes you have no choice but to take whatever they give you.

Or dont take it and risk the consequences. 

up to you.

It is meaningless because it tells you nothing about the number who would want a vaccine, so vote yes,  but would refuse the Chinese or Russian ones, hence you have learned nothing with this vote 

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It is meaningless because it tells you nothing about the number who would want a vaccine, so vote yes,  but would refuse the Chinese or Russian ones, hence you have learned nothing with this vote 

we shall have to agree to disagree on that one.

The poll is more aimed at getting general consensus about the vaccine rather than peoples reservations about various vaccines produced by which nation.

So far it seems most people would take any vaccine they are offered.

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1