Drunken Thai Husband Demands Cash From Wife.....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 21st 2007

Wife escapes death in vicious domestic bust-up with her Husband over her refusal to buy Whisky.

Violence related to the consumption of excessive amounts of alcohol here in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand is commonplace. This is one such case involving a Husband and Wife and was lucky not to result in death.

Police Sub-Lieutenant Supawat from Banglamung Police Station was called to a Constructors Campsite in Soi Sukumvit 7 in Nong Pla Lai Sub-District to investigate a case of domestic violence.

Khun Ra-iet aged 36 had sustained a 5cm long laceration to her head which she claims was sustained during an attack by her husband who used a small axe.

Her Husband, Khun Apiwat aged 30 was clearly drunk and was immediately taken into custody. Witnesses and the victim explained that Khun Apiwat demanded that his wife hand over some money so he could buy some more Whisky.

She refused and the brutal axe attack followed. Khun Ra-iet is now recovering in Hospital and must decide if she wants to press charges against her husband or allow him to go unpunished.

This Thai woman is the victim of domestic violence fuelled by alcohol.

post-26634-1179753015_thumb.jpg

Violence related to the consumption of excessive amounts of alcohol here in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand is commonplace.

It's also commonplace in every country when Alcohol is consumed to excess.

Edited by Maigo6

I have been living here for nearly 10 years and I notice more and more young Thais setting around 7/11`s and bus stops in groups drink whisky and beer.I think alchohol has become a really big problem here and the problem is getting worse.I dont care much about the people setting around drinking hel_l I used to do that when I was young I worry about the problem these people cause when they are drunk my wife and I have been hassled by these drunks.To be honnest there is no way that the Thai govrnment can do anything about this problem as the Thai`s love there whisky.

Which is any country that's not governed by strict Islamic law.

And which country would that be ?

Never seen a country yet where booze was unavailable ... Regardless !

Naka.

Which is any country that's not governed by strict Islamic law.

Naka.

Try living in Saudi Arabia. It is still available, but it certainly isn't easy to come by.

Whiskey is available on the black market at a cost in excess of $100 US per bottle or you can drink home made moonshine cheaper. The problem with home made is it might not be a good batch and could cause death.

The problem with drinking is if you are caught, you will be arrested, jailed and possibly deported.

I choose to abstain while here.

Edited by chuckd

Naka.

Try living in Saudi Arabia. It is still available, but it certainly isn't easy to come by.

Whiskey is available on the black market at a cost in excess of $100 US per bottle or you can drink home made moonshine cheaper. The problem with home made is it might not be a good batch and could cause death.

Sorry, in Saudi the Siddiqui is very easy to come by. I agree it is lethal in many cases, but many people drinhk it - to excess.

Alcoholism is second only to drug addiction as an epidemic here (in Saudi). With no cinema, no theatre, garbage television and no encouragement to participate in sport, this country has the most dysfunctional youth on earth. Worse than Thailand by far. But the penalties are more stringent - public head-choppings to entertain the populace, floggings and hand choppings weekly.

I work here, I sleep here. Full stop - no other activities.

By the way - does anyone know what happened to the 400 people arrested in Jeddah early this year for dancing? I heard the first twenty tried were flogged and jailed, but don't know what happened to the rest.