60 day visa extension

Hi myself and partner are in Phuket our visa will expire at the start of June. 

is it easy to get an extension from the Phuket immigration office do they require any documents such as proof of funds etc.

Must we provide a valid reason for being “stuck” in Phuket. We wish to stay as Longer as UK is now doing mandatory quarantine which is too expensive for us.

any comments and advice much appreciated

You can extend your current permit to stay (it is not a visa) in the country for 60 days at a immigration office.

No need for financial proof. You will need a TM30 report done to prove where you are staying.

You will need a completed TM7 extension application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa (if any), arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

You will complete this affidavit with tick boxes for the reason you need the extension.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 334 downloads

• Like 2

I have STV, but it's really annoying to extend it, they asking such requirementswhere I've stayed 

Where I've stayed the previously 3 months, the problem I didn't even had some hotel booking I just paid to the hotel, no receipt, etc... how I can proof all of that, as I've stayed many places in Thailand for few days there, few days another place, etc.

So, If I told them I just wanna stay 1 months as actually is due to the COVID, isn't possible to get a COVID 60 days extension, instead of a complicated procedures about extend the STV ?

Seems very complicated to extend this STV, I rather prefer to have 60 days COVID extension on it, & back to my country. 

I can have only this

ASQ Certificate, covid test, payment receipts.
TM7

Photos

Copy passport Visa, etc.

I am only staying hotel here, so almost with Agoda.

Can Agoda booking should be fine ?(for the next 3 months exemple) and my previous stay proof ?
the TM30 ? should I ask the hotel or the Immigration will get it automatically.

I don't know which provinces I should ask the extension, with less complications, I am as long stay tourist here, I don't rent any condo, just hotel anywhere I move, etc.

16 minutes ago, Naelys said:

I have STV, but it's really annoying to extend it, they asking such requirementswhere I've stayed 

Where I've stayed the previously 3 months, the problem I didn't even had some hotel booking I just paid to the hotel, no receipt, etc... how I can proof all of that, as I've stayed many places in Thailand for few days there, few days another place, etc.

So, If I told them I just wanna stay 1 months as actually is due to the COVID, isn't possible to get a COVID 60 days extension, instead of a complicated procedures about extend the STV ?

Seems very complicated to extend this STV, I rather prefer to have 60 days COVID extension on it, & back to my country. 

I can have only this

ASQ Certificate, covid test, payment receipts.
TM7

Photos

Copy passport Visa, etc.

I am only staying hotel here, so almost with Agoda.

Can Agoda booking should be fine ?(for the next 3 months exemple) and my previous stay proof ?
the TM30 ? should I ask the hotel or the Immigration will get it automatically.

I don't know which provinces I should ask the extension, with less complications, I am as long stay tourist here, I don't rent any condo, just hotel anywhere I move, etc.

We can assist with this type of thing, and ensure you get the 60 day extension without any issues.

Send my team a message.

LINE: @ThaiVisaCentre

4 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

What is a reasonable reason to get covid extension.  Iam from UK.

Unable to return or

Thai consulate wont issue letter so need temporary stay?

Suggest you take a look at the document ubonjoe linked to earlier:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

It lists the reasons that are available.  Check mark the ones that apply to your situation.  At this point it's a pretty pro forma exercise.  You ask for the extension.  You pay 1,900 baht.  They approve your extension.  There's not a lot of investigation that goes on.