Choosing Your TVF User Name

When my firstborn son was killed in combat in Iraq, I was very popular on searches for a year or so.  On Google I was right at the top. though maybe they were targeting me. My name, nickname, his name and my handle at the time "USMCPOP".  Never tried to hide. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i wanted "mr super insecure big banana bad man with five girlfriends who talks s**t all day" but thought better of it. 

Your reputation precedes you.  No need to brag.  The girls know where you live and will be along promptly. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Why you should never name your son Clint

foVDqQO.jpg

I went to school with someone who had the worst of both worlds. His name was Clint Bates.

He not only had the Clint 'misspelling' joke as above, as a kid he was known as Master Bates.

• Haha 2

I chose a TV name, byline and avatar that reflected how I see myself and how I make sense of the world around me.

Antonymous is both a play on words (I am anonymous here) and a reflection of my nature, which is to question the status quo, seeking and often finding that reality is contrary to, or sometimes the polar opposite of what the accepted understanding of it is. Nothing is what it seems, especially here in Thailand.

So my avatar reflects the antonym – two figures that are a mirror image, facing in opposite directions.

And my byline ‘antithetical member’ reflects again the way I deal with life, employing the Hegelian dialectic to explore the opposite view in order to seek the truth, or at least to find a more equitable synthesis.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Back in the day when I was looking at investing into things as I did such as property and shares, I wanted something more so I looked at buying wedding cars and I purchased a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and remember the very first day that I purchased it.

I was in William Street, Kings Cross driving away from where I purchased it and pulled up at the very first traffics and had my top (convertible) down, it was a sunny day and I was taking it all in. Next thing I heard was someone saying what an ego and I turned my head to the left looking at two guys in a Volkswagen convertible and they were saying what an ego repeatedly and pointing to their VW, I laughed and drove off.

The Roller was booked weekends in, weekends out at $400 an hour with a minimum booking of 4 hours, base to base, and was a great money spinner for the years that I used it for weekend weddings and when I stopped doing that, personalised number plates came out, so I said to myself, you know what, I am going to get me a set of those, hence my user name appears on TVF as it did on the Roller back in the day.

I have to admit, I do have a pretty big ego knowing not many people have owned a Roller, and am pretty sure none on TVF....LOL

Not to many owned a roller but surely own a stroller . 

11 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

I chose a TV name, byline and avatar that reflected how I see myself and how I make sense of the world around me.

Antonymous is both a play on words (I am anonymous here) and a reflection of my nature, which is to question the status quo, seeking and often finding that reality is contrary to, or sometimes the polar opposite of what the accepted understanding of it is. Nothing is what it seems, especially here in Thailand.

So my avatar reflects the antonym – two figures that are a mirror image, facing in opposite directions.

And my byline ‘antithetical member’ reflects again the way I deal with life, employing the Hegelian dialectic to explore the opposite view in order to seek the truth, or at least to find a more equitable synthesis.

Damn where do you buy your gear , can you give me his phone nr , i would like to try some of that ????.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i wanted "mr super insecure big banana bad man with five girlfriends who talks s**t all day" but thought better of it. 

Well I must apologize - I had no idea there would be an “A” here when signing up… at least we know what we have in common - even if the “D” is far better looking ????

• Haha 1

You see my name or some variation and my photo as reflecting me, myself. No need for anonymity, pseudonyms, no sobriquets, not other people's names (living or dead)

This is true of of me in every place requiring a username, including my email addresses since I started using the Internet more than 20 years ago.

There has never been any cause or reason for me to change this way.

• Like 2

Was back when three letter acronyms were popular and a friend of mine hated them, so I did a double TLA, also all the usual usernames I use were taken. Said friend tried to sign up using LargeTigerPenis or something like that, it came back "Username Taken".

Living In Thailand  Land Of Smiles, Scams, Sex etc

Cheers

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Mmmmm but could the ATM just be "At The Moment" and of course that could change and you would be dispensed with, also playing to the stereotype....55555

I've always thought ATM was After Thai Money . Reason being back in the UK before coming out here in 2004 I only used cash , never had an ATM ........anything , nor a mobile phone , nor a PC.   The way forward was LoS.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

You should just have chosen a picture, without the name.

It says it all.

340E15BE-DA0B-4CBF-BF0F-9E480FEE26CD.jpeg

Many profile pictures have disappeared, reloaded mine but doesn't show, also I would like to change my quote under my posts, but I cannot see how to change it. so maybe I am right 'you can't cure stupid'????

Edited by brianthainess