Choosing Your TVF User Name

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Back in the day when I was looking at investing into things as I did such as property and shares, I wanted something more so I looked at buying wedding cars and I purchased a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and remember the very first day that I purchased it.

I was in William Street, Kings Cross driving away from where I purchased it and pulled up at the very first traffics and had my top (convertible) down, it was a sunny day and I was taking it all in. Next thing I heard was someone saying what an ego and I turned my head to the left looking at two guys in a Volkswagen convertible and they were saying what an ego repeatedly and pointing to their VW, I laughed and drove off.

I remember seeing that Rolls Royce in Sydney (mid-1980's maybe) with the 4MYEGO plates, my mum was impressed and had a bit of a chuckle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

mine is of course just an amusong popular stereotype of thai perception of farangs.....pale, stupid and loaded ........BUT opposite meaning here of sacred and venerated...... all white buffaloes owned by monarchy and never killed ?

very surprised name not taken before ! 

Mmmmm but could the ATM just be "At The Moment" and of course that could change and you would be dispensed with, also playing to the stereotype....55555

• Haha 2

The availability of good usernames makes a difference to whether people decide to become regular users and contributors to a forum. It also looks better when posters have good names and don't have to resort to using numbers.

If you end up picking some random mishmash of a name because you got frustrated after the 5 good names you thought of were all gone, you will never feel particularly proud of it, or be inclined to invest much time into producing content under that "brand".

Many big forums that have been around for a while regularly delete off accounts that have been abandoned for more than a year and never made more than a few posts. This allows any good names to return to the selection pool.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 2

I chased radios.  Why else.  

Yes, really, I hunted radios.  

Sometimes they were mobile, usually they were not. 

And many years ago, when we found the radios.  They dropped bombs on them.  Sometimes, a lot of bombs. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

It's a mnemonic for remembering my name. For years I was known as Bronco...I'll let the US guys figure that one out.  Everyone I know had a nickname when younger and I sort of miss the Bronco tag.

On a separate note I had a pet cat and named her 'Cooking Fat'. 

• Like 2