Triumph Trident 660

On 5/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

Beaut is in the eye of thee beholder it looks OK up until you get to the rear end, looks to me something missing. ????

I think that mud guard thingy whatever looks ugly.

Don't particularly find it ugly, but apparently it's pretty much useless in rain.

On second thought, a Street Triple 675 looks much more interesting ????

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Don't particularly find it ugly, but apparently it's pretty much useless in rain.

Many moons ago had a ride on a Street Triple 900 I like the sound of the engine.

Can't avoid being batter by wind at speed though.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, Poppadom said:

Why/how is it useless in rain? 

If you're going to drop 420K on a Street Triple 675, maybe also have a look at the Yam MT-09 (399K).

(I've got an FZ09 and used to have a Speed Triple 'back in the day')

• Like 1

I went to see this at Triumph. It's very small, very short from front to back. Dash is also small but well designed. The back end is ugly, the tail light section under the pillion seat looks like very plasticcy and I hate those licence plate holders over the real wheel, I had to remove the one on my MT09 it was so ugly. They don't work well either.

Apart from that it's a nice bike. Good price too. Reviews on YouTube say it's a very competent bike, although lacking the excitement and top end rush of something like a Street Triple or MT09.

I had a test ride on one at the parking lot at Triumph Pattaya.

Okay a parking lot ride is next to useless but gives you a very rough idea how the bike balance & fells at low speeds.

It's very nippy so very easy to ride in heavy traffic, small but relatively heavy compared to my own XSR900.

Was out riding with a bike group from Pattaya last Thursday and one expat came on one, he just gone back into riding after a few years absence and like it very much so far.

I love 3 pot engines.

I think a more experienced rider will prefer Street Triple or one from MT09 family with +100hp. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, BKKBike09 said:

Why/how is it useless in rain? 

If you're going to drop 420K on a Street Triple 675, maybe also have a look at the Yam MT-09 (399K).

(I've got an FZ09 and used to have a Speed Triple 'back in the day')

I was thinking of a -2016 675cc STR, but need to keep looking for one...