1.5 million Sinovac doses arrive in Thailand today, 3 million more in June

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure how they will ever get 70% by september. Impossible every day they now set less then 500.000 shots means they need to do more later. Totally unrealistic news given the fact that there are not enough vaccines.

So stupid that the Thai media does not call them out on this. If you look at how many vaccines they have done so far and the supply till June. That would mean they have to do huge amounts after June it simply not realistic. 

Then again no Thai goverment was ever accused of being honest and not overly optimistic (lying)

It's an absolutely ludicrous assumption that this is going to work isn't it?  I can see in the spring 2012 and that's if they put their heads down and do it.  Realistically one year from now would be the long term goal and if it happens earlier - all the better.  

So from 2012, if I am correct, do the math as to how tourism will rebound.  There's a whole lot of drunken rambling, jabbering, and fist pounding on the bar that could go on ad nauseam.  

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Arms up those here who want a SinoVac Jab or two?

That would definitely depend how drunk I was.  But then I would have to be so drunk I would need assistance putting my hand up.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Another 1.5 million doses of the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Thailand from China today (Thursday), making 6 million doses delivered so far, according to the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok.

I'll say it again. Very suspicious the Chinese and their Sino Thai cousins have conspired to delay non Chinese vaccines in Thailand. 

• Like 1

In theory, with 4.5 million doses (1.5 + 3), they would be able to vaccinate for 9 days, at a (official) rate of 500,000 per day.

In practice, with only a handful of nurses available to give the shots, they might have enough doses for 90 days...

1 hour ago, meechai said:

From your linked article.  I'm a traveler and this is one reason I won't get the Chinese one.  This is in reference to the EU:

This means that those who have shots by Chinese makers like Sinovac Biotech Ltd. and Sinopharm Group Co. Ltd. are likely to be barred from entry for the foreseeable future, with stark consequences for global business activity and the revival of international tourism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blumpie said:

That would definitely depend how drunk I was.  But then I would have to be so drunk I would need assistance putting my hand up.

So if they offered you gold or a cow your hand would not go up faster?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

In theory, with 4.5 million doses (1.5 + 3), they would be able to vaccinate for 9 days, at a (official) rate of 500,000 per day.

In practice, with only a handful of nurses available to give the shots, they might have enough doses for 90 days...

I think they have 6MM now after this order with 3MM more on the way???  And roughly 2.5MM have been used.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 063946.jpg

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

1.5 million doses is a drop in the ocean, why aren't they ordering 10 million doses at a time until the locally AZ comes on line... 

There are none available.  They could probably get some Pfizer fairly soon.  The Philippines just ordered 40 million of those and I think they are getting them starting in July.

However, Thailand still hasn't made any deals with Pfizer for whatever reason.  It's probably too expensive.  $20 a shot vs $3 a shot for AstraZeneca is a big difference.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sinovac has been the main vaccine administered in Thailand this year, but the locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will become the most used in the second half of this year, with 61 million doses expected to be administered by December.

Prayuts plan all along, get the first batch in from Xi while waiting for the more favoured locally produced vaccine.

Two choices, Sinovac or Az... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Just waiting for the "we've run out of syringes" shoe to drop.

anutin is pushing AZ to mandate 12 doses out of a 10-dose ampule, savvy isn't he. 

“Also, each box of AstraZeneca doses carries 12 vials of the vaccine even though the box says 10. This means we will have two extra doses for every 10 registrants,” Anutin pointed out.

“Once the vaccines are brought out of storage, we can’t put them back in and they need to be used up.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001057

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

However, Thailand still hasn't made any deals with Pfizer for whatever reason.  It's probably too expensive.  $20 a shot vs $3 a shot for AstraZeneca is a big difference.

The reason is simple: both vaccines offered in Thailand are linked to one Thai company...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, meechai said:

Is it Great to be from the rich western country's and be able to turn down vaccine from country's you hate and have so many choices.and all the poor country;s are more then happy to receive vaccine from China and they know its 72% effected and its working so is the Russian vaccine.  STOP this virus no mater what country it comes from. you rich guys can wait      

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The reason is simple: both vaccines offered in Thailand are linked to one Thai company...

I thought CP group was involved with the Chinese company and Siam Bioscience is tied to....well....not the CP group.  Please correct me if I am wrong!

• Thanks 1