TAT launches all new Amazing Thailand campaign - ahead of Phuket re-opening

webfact

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

We can not really blame them

If it wasn't the girls, what Thailand has really to offer

that the other countries don't have, often for cheaper and better?

Durian

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Phuket is about as enticing as Skegness or Blackpool, they have a difficult job getting the place back up and running again. So, needs a bit more than a worn out slogan and over weight tattooed sex workers available once more.

I agree, it's time to put in line the young good looking ones

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've just had a bit of a drive around Phuket, up the by-pass road then over to Patong then down the west coast through Karon and Kata and back to Rawai, The place looks depressed and derelict.

What are they going to do to get business's back up and running the way Im looking at it the government cant make it's mind up ok they say July 1st but that could change one thing we dont know is how many tourist will come.

Then what are the tourist coming to? a load of empty shops hardly anything open.

Definitely unknown territory 

I was having my coffee on the terrace and saw you passing by.

You were in a hurry.

Is this your sister on the back seat? Can I have her number please, khrub.

895F03F5-EB38-401F-A6BD-A9B2E4E89401.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Indeed, a passing resemblance to the Gaza Strip the last few days.   So many different stories coming out of those in authority.   Numbers to be vaccinated to meet the 70% criteria, and number of vaccine doses to be made available just don't seem to add up.

E2Cs0ZDWQAYr2Up.jpeg.b2e3e354d38a5b488486c9726f1b883e.jpeg

They were driving around Rawai the other day with their loud speakers on telling people to register

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

My bet is they are pretty well paid for doing that

Yep that was really my point of the post. I have mentioned it on other similar threads that these bods don't have to worry about income while those that get false hopes fall further and further. Sad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrfill said:

30000 new infection every day may be a bit of a stumbling block...

That is back to the number when the pandemic first started and it is dropping fast. Keep in mind the US has a population of 330M+ 

My Thai family all say, for me to come at the end of 2022, as in November.  I have an old friend in his 80s who may 

go to Thailand this Winter, as he is still healthy, but at his age, 2 years could be a long time.  I hope that Hua Hin

is a bit recovered by November this year. It was not a great holiday for 2 of my friends who were there this past Winter until April for 

one of them and the other has just arrived back to Canada 2 days ago. He has to spend  well over 1 thousand dollars  for 3 days visit in Vancouver

at a quarantine hotel, before coming to Alberta. They both have said that the time dragged on for them as not many tourists,

and not many places to go with their expat friends. TAT and the Thai government can try sell their Amazing country to the tourists,

but the truth is that Thailand is not that Amazing anymore.  Time for a new slogan Thailand. 

Geezer

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My Thai family all say, for me to come at the end of 2022, as in November.  I have an old friend in his 80s who may 

go to Thailand this Winter, as he is still healthy, but at his age, 2 years could be a long time.  I hope that Hua Hin

is a bit recovered by November this year. It was not a great holiday for 2 of my friends who were there this past Winter until April for 

one of them and the other has just arrived back to Canada 2 days ago. He has to spend  well over 1 thousand dollars  for 3 days visit in Vancouver

at a quarantine hotel, before coming to Alberta. They both have said that the time dragged on for them as not many tourists,

and not many places to go with their expat friends. TAT and the Thai government can try sell their Amazing country to the tourists,

but the truth is that Thailand is not that Amazing anymore.  Time for a new slogan Thailand. 

Geezer

Thailand is amazing, and the Thai people wonderful,

But the government ? Well let's just say "not so much" and leave it at that. 

We just came here a few weeks ago , . They had announced that Vaccinated people would only do 7days quarantine, and we decided that 7 days was doable for us. We went trough their Embassy, jumped through all of their hoops, paid all the fees, and we were approved to come  to Thailand with only 7 days quarantine. Four days before departure, they said, "Oh we changed our minds, now you have to do 14 days quarantine, unless you can get here in the next two days"  , We had to scrabble, change airline tickets, (not cheap) , Change Hotel reservation, and COE. We did it but it was not easy, or cheap. 

YOU CAN NOT TRUST THE THAI GOVERMENT EVEN AFTER YOU DID EVERYTING THE ASKED!!!

Now we are here, So we go to a restaurant to have lunch, Weather Hot as hell. I as if I can have a cold beer with my food. I am told that they are not allowed to sell alcohol because of Covid restrictions.   I understand, I don't want anyone getting in any trouble. Then two Thai guys come in and sit on the table nexin to us. Along with their food comes a big bottle of cold Chang Beer, 

Wat the (inert expiative here)!!!, I ask my wife. She says "Oh they must be some "Big Guys" .  

TIT, After working your ass Off for a year, if that's the kind of vacation you want, Thailand is for you.

But if you are not a glutton for punishment's , Greece is open with no Quarantine for vaccinate tourists for the whole Europe and many other countries around the world. Go there and have a cold Mythos Beer at a seaside taverna in Mykonos. ???? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

As of Friday the Los Angeles Thai consulate informed me that they do not have an official word yet that Phuket will be open without quarantine on July 1st if you have had your covid shots.  So I was informed that at this time I would still need to book an ASQ hotel.  It appears the government is not ready to make it official.

In Germany they just had a Poll and 54% of those asked were going to have their Holidays in Germany, most of the others were going to other European countries for their next holiday, and holidays further afield were hardly on anyones agenda, I think Thailand needs to rethink a few things, starting with quarantine for those who have been vaccinated, also those people travelling with young kids under 12 (who cannot be vaccinated) do not want quarantine for longer periods due to the kids not being vaccinated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craigf said:

As of Friday the Los Angeles Thai consulate informed me that they do not have an official word yet that Phuket will be open without quarantine on July 1st if you have had your covid shots.  So I was informed that at this time I would still need to book an ASQ hotel.  It appears the government is not ready to make it official.

Today it's only may 25

so they still have 36 days left to make it official

i don't want to sound too pessimist but imo you shouldn't hold your breath

There are still a lot of questions unanswered and an obvious lack of details about this plan, the whole thing looks more like something to give some hope to the desperate locals and to gain more time untill a real mass vaccination will be on the tracks in the next months, while keeping the people busy with some dreams

Edited by kingofthemountain