TAT launches all new Amazing Thailand campaign - ahead of Phuket re-opening

webfact

2 hours ago, buzzz51 said:

Campaign as much as you want, go ahead open your borders but until other countries allow their citizens to travel to thailand nobody will come!!!! vaccine is the only way forward, so stop talking about what your going to do tomorrow and get on with it today, vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate.

You are right

however at the moment they have an infinite stock of words to use

on the other hand, when it comes to the vaccines, they are very short on supplies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

In addition to their anemic vaccination response, consider that the vast majority of vaccinated Thais will have either SinoVac or home variety Astrazeneca shots.

Wife just told me that her Sinovax (China) not accepted in Europe. Only travel in Asian  countries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

"Amazing Thailand...Amazing kwaa derm" - Amazing Thailand....even more amazing than before.

Sounds more like a title for a Thai entry to Eurovision.

"Amazing Thailand...Amazing kwaa derm"

by the Ping Pong Girls

Get's my vote. If Australia can be in Eurovision then so can Thailand, it's actually closer.

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I said the same to my daughter with my grand daughter who I have not seen yet, thank god for whatsapp 

Yep my son. wife. and 2 grand sons had to cancel their 2020 trip. Not seen them in person since 2018. Thank you whatsapp ....  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

It would indeed be amazing if any foreigners actually bothered with this premature foolishness. Thailand is on the UK's amber list at the moment, which means that you must quarantine for 10 days at home on your return, as well as booking and paying in advance for two Covid tests after your return and both the pre-flight tests, of course. If Thailand gets downgraded to a red list country, then you will also have to pay £1,750 for supervised hotel quarantine on your return,, and that downgrade can happen at any moment, even during your holiday. Why would anybody risk all that just for a few weeks on a beach in a place where, even if it's allowed to open again, the nightlife will be a shadow of what it once was.

Yes if you return too the UK depending on the situation 2 tests × 140 pounds that's  a tax no other word for it....not sure about other country's I think free in Italy....

1 hour ago, Trayvale Travel uk said:

Thai airways have just launched direct flights to Phuket from London Heathrow, flying every Wednesday from July onwards. 

Now I am pretty sure all the powers at the top are talking together rather than independently. TAT are coming out with bold statements and I hope it all follows suit. However Thailand is on UK’s Amber list so if this changes to green on the 7th June review and it’s all go from both ends, this could work 

I hope...

With one of the current highest rates of increase in infections (see weekly trends on Worldometers), it is rather more likely that Thailand will be moved to red rather than green.

• Like 1

This is such bs, throwing people from different countries into one lol yes sandbox. Yet the others that just want to do 7 days 3 tests oh no to dangerous. I just don't understand the logic, other than it's just about money. I will now pay my 1000 euros I accept that's what happened but please don't try to tell me it's safe to walk around phuket. Hipacrites

one of the criteria to move to green on the traffic light scheme is how advanced the Countries vaccination programme is, that puts Thailand more likely to go to red rather than green ! Phuket itself is immaterial, no Country is interested in grading a self declared 'sandbox'

• Like 2

No matter how low I set the bar on assessing the intelligence of Thai officials/spokesmen (and I’m constantly lowering it) along comes yet another announcement of mind numbing stupidity to remind me how much I’ve overestimated them! Thai Thick Gene ???? 

Listening to friends and colleagues at work the vast majority of European who do actually travel this year won't be going any further than Greece or Portugal or  somewhere in between.

• Like 2