Does anyone else agree that all 'red-light workers' should be forced to get the vaccine and show evidence before returning to work.

No need to single out sex workers.

Everyone who has in-person interactions with other people while doing their job should get vaccinated. I'd even go as far as saying everyone (who can) should get vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

No, I don't.

It's clear you are only worried about yourself in this scenario. It's likely, these girls are on birth control, so higher chance of blood clots with the vaccines.

It should always be a free choice. 

Would it be best for their customers - sure - but it still must be their free choice. It's likely they will have to show paper that they were vaxed b4 their boss rehires them again anyway.

Sure, but perhaps it also goes the other way, with working girls and boys having the absolute right to ask you to prove you have been vaccinated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

In a way I agree that it should be compulsory, but for every single customer as well.

Slippery slope to go down.....I'm never comfortable even with mass forced medication like fluoridation.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Sure, but perhaps it also goes the other way, with working girls and boys having the absolute right to ask you to prove you have been vaccinated!

They can ask me anything they like, nobody is forcing them to take my money.

I'm sure they have plenty of other customers to pick and choose from.

Edited by BritManToo

Nah ....prostitution is illegal anyway. 

Just prosecute any of their customers caught flagrante delicto for enticing them to break the law with cash inducements. Won't even mention breaking social distancing guidelines.

Let's clean up the place ( yes, that means you soi 6 ) and make it the hub of family holidays.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, charliechoc said:

I put money on it that by December/ Jan (the next high season) tourism will be returning to normal here.

I'd bet there won't be any foreign tourists (same as today), there will still be a 14 day quarantine, and Phuket won't open to foreigners on 1st July.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Should all men who wish to partake be forced to have a vasectomy so that they don’t accidentally impregnate a ‘red light worker’ and subsequently do a runner back to their home country leaving the woman to suffer the consequences?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And .........

How do you decide who is a red-light worker?

Many of us give our wife/gf/partner an allowance, is she then a 'red-light' worker?

Very obviously, no, that would not make your, or anyone else's, wife a red light worker if she wasn't one already.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest many of the women selling sexual services in Thailand would indignantly deny being prostitutes.

Probably no more so than the number of Thaivisa posters who regularly, indignantly profess that they've never participated in the pay-for-play industry and that their wives/girlfriends/boyfriends have never been involved in it, at any time, either!

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Statistics wasn't your major was it.  You are assuming that 100% of the people would be infected.  The reality it that there have been 166 million cases of Covid.  The world population is 7.674 billion people.  That means that .02163148292 of the world got infected and only .00000047 required hospitalization of those that contracted Covid  So even if Thailands rate of covid infection matched the higher number of the rest of the world, it would be 78 million x .02163148292 or 1,687,255 people of which 84,362 people would require hospitalization.  Those figures also are from the start of the Covid panedemic about January 2020.  By contrast the flu is contracted each and every year by approximately 9% of the worlds population.  That would be 690 million people.  Over the same 16 month period as Covid that would be approximately 920 million people.  The rate of hospitalizations for the flu is .01052631578 so that would mean that if Thailand was the same as the rest of the world 9% of 78 million is 7,020,000 would catch the flu and of those 73,892 would require hospitalization.  Over an equivalent 16 month figures Covid infections are stated, that would equate to 98,522 people being hospitalized from the flu.  So statistically more people would be hospitalized from the flu than Covid.  Does covid have a higher mortality rate.  Yes, for the elderly, and those with significant pre-existing diseases.  So again, if you are going to put measures on people to prevent deaths, those measures should be taken against those truly vulnerable, not the healthy 23 year old waitress or the 29 year old tourist attraction employee both of whom are now unemployed. 

The reality is Thailand has a rate of 1803 Covid infections per million or .001803.  Multiply that times 78 million and you get 140,,634 cases and if only 5% are hospitalized that would be 7,031  total for the entire Covid period from January 2020 to date. 

By contrast in 2019 the only period I can find figures for A dengue fever outbreak is ongoing in Thailand as of Tuesday, November 26. According to health officials, at least 136,000 cases have been reported in 2019. Over 110 associated fatalities have also been confirmed

That would mean that you would get more cases of Dengue fever in Thailand than Covid and reported deaths more.  But do you stop the world because you might get bitten by a mosquito and contract Dengue? 

image.png.2e8a4ce0435cb016ddd8b025e16095e6.png

Nice thesis, could you expand on it a little more for us?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Denim said:

Just prosecute any of their customers caught flagrante delicto

Practically impossible to catch punters "in the act" which is what your comment suggested but, then, just having sex with a prostitute is not illegal.   It's the soliciting, and paying for it, that's illegal.

Forced? Who would police it when it's illegal?

Maybe drug dealers should use government regulated scales too.

If anything they should be forced to moan instead of squeaking like a hamster and fake orgasms better.

It's up to you to protect yourself. Get vaccinated and wear a condom.