Does anyone else agree that all 'red-light workers' should be forced to get the vaccine and show evidence before returning to work.

44 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

From the OP - "Based on the fact that many tourists will be visiting Thailand this year"

All credibility out the window with this statement !

I will diarize for dec/ jan and send you a PM to quote you on this comment

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, he's suggesting, for some very odd reason, that 5% of Thailand's population will be hospitalised with Covid.

Not in the context of the post he was replying to he wasn't.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sungod said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, he's suggesting, for some very odd reason, that 5% of Thailand's population will be hospitalised with Covid.

Not in the context of the post he was replying to he wasn't.

Yes, in that context he was.

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Slippery slope to go down.....I'm never comfortable even with mass forced medication like fluoridation.....

Nothing forced about fluoridation, one can always buy bottled water. Personally, I wish fluoride had been in water in my generation, then I would not have financed the Mercedes deposits of several dentists. My mouth was their fortune.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   If you're vaccinated it's irrelevant what others choose to do.

A vapid rejoinder. Take a look at the science, we need 70-90 percent compliance in vaccination

and cannot trust individuals to be honest about their covid status. Digital vaccine passports are necessary.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   If you're vaccinated it's irrelevant what others choose to do.

A vapid rejoinder. Take a look at the science, we need 70-90 percent compliance in vaccination

and cannot trust individuals to be honest about their covid status. Digital vaccine passports are necessary.

"A vapid rejoinder".

What a joke coming from you.

Why do "we need" 70%+ "compliance" (it's not compulsory so "compliance" is the wrong word). Trusting individuals to be honest is irrelevant if you are fully vaccinated, take a look at the science.

• Sad 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How did it work? Did everybody care about it? Did the manager react right away if anybody smoked?

Normally an ashtray is put on the bar as soon as you put your cigs down.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, charliechoc said:

I put money on it that by December/ Jan (the next high season) tourism will be returning to normal here. Most countries around the world are giving the jab right now to their citizens. Its all happening and no doubt by year end all will be normal and busy again. I will diarize to send you a PM when Im correct about this xmas time. 

So you really think that tourism will return to normal by Dec this year? I will put it another way, what is the main obstacle for tourists coming here? The obvious answer is the ASQ situation. How long will it be between the time the quarantine stops and the tourists start coming the way they did before the Chinese virus?

The ASQ will not stop while the unelected "PM" and his soldiers offshore accounts are still rising, and even then it will take more months after that for flights to Thailand to be as they were before the virus, so I would say at the very least Dec next year.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

boxing analogy apt here ....... “ defend YOURSELF at all times”...... individual responsibilities & choices

in addition to any govt or private premises rules compliance........

Not sure about being forced but  I thing any Thai dealing with close contact with farangs  will get the shot.  A masseuse I know in Pattaya went home to her village because of  Covid  and shop  being closed. She contacted me by Line and said she is geting first shot this Tuesday and after getting second shot she will come back to Pattaya  and meet me at shop or other place. I think most of the Thai in contact with  large numbers of Thai  or Farang will get the shot to protect themselves  and in some cases to show farangs they have been vacinated and don't have Covid.  You might say a seling point.

Thomas J,,, you are talking about back in the 80's

Just about all workers in the business would be first in the line if mean't they cud get back to work. The vaccine would just be another vocational hazard of which they are very good at aquiring a god response too,

But I ask again, where is this SiamBioScience Company charged with producing these vaccines ?  Not even an update given except to say 6.5 mil doses in June which I do not believe. The Government needs to import as a matter of urgency

On 5/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest many of the women selling sexual services in Thailand would indignantly deny being prostitutes.

IMO trying to implement such a proposal would be like herding cats.

I suspect many of them will have vaccine certificates.  Whether or not they will be genuine is another matter.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, charliechoc said:

do you agree that ALL such working girls should be forced to get the jab and be prepared to show evidence when requested.

No. If you are concerned, get the vaccine. Vaccines are meant to prevent one from catching the virus.  After all, they (she or he) could 'service' (kiss) a person who might be asymptomatic and then kiss you. Doesn't matter if they've been vaccinated, they've passed the 'virus' to you. (it might not catch hold in/on you (are you vaccinated), but it might)

Besides, maybe your working girl has already had COVID. Should she be made to get a jab? Already has anti-bodies...

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, BritManToo said:

I don't think anyone should be forced to do anything with their bodies, in any country.

Personal freedom is important.

Correct. I think all humans should be free to pass on any contageous disease they have to anyone they want to, or don't want to.

• Sad 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Correct. I think all humans should be free to pass on any contageous disease they have to anyone they want to, or don't want to.

If you're frightened by contagious disease, you should probably avoid prostitutes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Never mind bar workers - everyone that can, should have the vaccine.  I heard a news story this week where someone said that those who refuse the vaccine are akin to drink drivers - I totally agree.  I'm pretty sure the anti vax squad will be along shortly to flame me but I think that's quite a good analogy.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Vaccines are meant to prevent one from catching the virus. 

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Doesn't matter if they've been vaccinated, they've passed the 'virus' to you. (it might not catch hold in/on you (are you vaccinated), but it might)

This is a contradiction.  

The vaccine doesn't prevent infection, it prevents the infection reaching levels that would see the person become severely sick, thus, preventing death.  

On 5/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, charliechoc said:

ALL such working girls should be forced to get the jab and be prepared to show evidence when requested.

I think that STD's should have as high a priority as COVID in showing evidence of lack of infection, and they need to be tested frequently, chances are that COVID will one day virtually vanish, but STD's have been around for hundreds of years and probably will be for the same again.