Does anyone else agree that all 'red-light workers' should be forced to get the vaccine and show evidence before returning to work.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:52 AM, CharlieH said:

I would of thought it was a social responsibility to get vaxxed.

However, it should be voluntary not enforced.People should have a right to choose and suffer the consequences if they choose not to. Like not being employed in some areas.

I think that would entice customers knowing that there girls/employees were vaccinated.  If you're not vaccinated the only jobs will be on the dark side.

I would say that most Thai ladies would be concerned with unwanted pregnancy (and an irresponsible partner) followed by sexually transmitted infections and then Covid-19. If they were really worried about Covid then they would stay at home. Top most reality would be lack of income to buy food and pay rent.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Could be left up to the individual establishment. Word gets around that all employees at a certain establishment and vaccinated and tested for STD once a month. Then "sales" go up.

We tell all our customers that our staff are fully vaccinated (and they are). Gives customers confidence in booking our services. It's good for business. STD's are not an issue as ours is not an itimate sexual service... 

On 5/22/2021 at 6:26 AM, charliechoc said:

I think many uneducated Thai's need rules like this and they need decisions made for them. Otherwise many will probably not get the jab and thus covid will continue to be a problem in Thailand. 

?????? A little be racist

On 5/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, charliechoc said:

I think many uneducated Thai's need rules like this and they need decisions made for them. Otherwise many will probably not get the jab and thus covid will continue to be a problem in Thailand. 

What do you think about this nanny state suggestion?

Somewhat patronizing, methinks, to assume that bar girls are stupid. Education isn't everything. In fact, bargirls are so clever that they manage to get gullible farangs to send them money every month despite not getting any benefit from it.

As for saying they need decisions made for them, that's an insult to Thais, IMO. Just because farangs allow their governments to make decisions for them, doesn't mean it's acceptable.

BTW, Do you really think that a bar girl can't get a fake vaccination certificate if wanted?

I despise all nanny state thinking.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Somewhat patronizing, methinks, to assume that bar girls are stupid. Education isn't everything. In fact, bargirls are so clever that they manage to get gullible farangs to send them money every month despite not getting any benefit from it.

As for saying they need decisions made for them, that's an insult to Thais, IMO. Just because farangs allow their governments to make decisions for them, doesn't mean it's acceptable.

BTW, Do you really think that a bar girl can't get a fake vaccination certificate if wanted?

I despise all nanny state thinking.

Agree....huge difference between innate intelligence and being 'educated' through nothing but good fortune..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I think that would entice customers knowing that there girls/employees were vaccinated.  If you're not vaccinated the only jobs will be on the dark side.

Sure thing. Of course no one in LOS would lie about anything, would they?

IMO it will make zero difference.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Agree....huge difference between innate intelligence and being 'educated' through nothing but good fortune..

Also, IMO much education is useless. I left school at 18 with zero qualifications because the teachers were so rubbish. I went on to have three different careers because I educated myself after I left school.

18 hours ago, Alidiver said:

Has the op been living in a Cave for the past year?

The vaccines are not designed to stop transmission but reduce the effect of the virus so you won't die. 

I think they were INTENDED to stop infection, but just don't work that well, so the story changes to suit.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Also, IMO much education is useless. I left school at 18 with zero qualifications because the teachers were so rubbish. I went on to have three different careers because I educated myself after I left school.

Taught advanced Physics for 25 years and my mantra to the students was.......

"Few have been taught to any purpose who have not been their own teachers"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I suspect many of them will have vaccine certificates.  Whether or not they will be genuine is another matter.

Would anyone been in LOS more than a week believe any certificate produced by a bargirl?

I remember when they had a "testing book" for STDs they would show cutomers, but that stopped long ago because they couldn't be trusted to be real.

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Correct. I think all humans should be free to pass on any contageous disease they have to anyone they want to, or don't want to.

EXCEPT, no farang has ever been forced to take a bargirl for rumpty. If they get corona or STD, or ripped off, it's all THEIR responsibility for engaging in an illegal activity in LOS.

• Haha 1

last  Feb 2020 I am sure I was exposed to covid but after years of hanging out (so to speak) on Soi 6 the virus just exploded when it came into contact with me.  

I am sure it is the same for the girls. 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2021 at 6:08 AM, Captain Monday said:

Everybody who visits a cinema, pub, disco, Mall, etc., should produce a digital vaccine passport on a app.

Is this an app that actually works?......Can't see that happening.

• Like 1

Of course, it would be smart for any sex workers to receive the vaccine, but difficult in Thailand.

In countries where sex workers are registered as such, it's easy to prioritise them. However, in Thailand, there millions of women in the trade (overtly and covertly) but the Thai establishment would rather save face by pretending there is no prostitution problem in the country, so nobody is registered. And, even if they were, the Thais would lose face by making it known they are prioritising sex workers in preparation for the reopening the economy.

What would that say to the world about Thailand?

FACE rules all here. Not logic.

33 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Is this an app that actually works?......Can't see that happening.

I have a few dozen apps on my mobile that work brilliantly.

Board airplanes, spend money, trade stocks,

enter countries. If they want it to work it will. You can't trust people to be honest, too many grifters and crims, must verify thru a neutral third party.

Like the Excelsior app used by New York State and developed by IBM.

Edited by Captain Monday

Just now, Captain Monday said:

I have a few dozen apps on my mobile that work brilliantly.

Board airplanes, spend money, trade stocks,

enter countries. If they want it to work it will.

You can't trust people to be honest, too many crimes, must verify thru a neutral third party.

Like the excelsior app used by New York State and developed by IBM.

Are you talking Thai apps?.......That work?

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you ever see one of those signs in a bar?

How did it work? Did everybody care about it? Did the manager react right away if anybody smoked?

qed

2697372079_6b2a612dab_b_20190711183625.j

I have this one above my bed.

A0BD8D10-2C60-4C8A-983C-B35B9ACA7811_4_5005_c.jpeg

Yes and as part of this effort to give reassurance to their customers, each of the workers will be given an unlimited supply of condoms with the logo of the vaccine they were inoculated with.

image.png.3bdb0fec50aa543d7015acc9d942e4f8.png with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Are you talking Thai apps?.......That work?

I know what you mean with government apps. Mor seems to work. The Bangkok Bank app works great. It lets me spend money based on what is in my account in real time by scanning a QR code, no reason an App cannot track the validity of vaccination data or negative covid test result stored by a third party, .

Edited by Captain Monday

Just now, Captain Monday said:

I know what you mean with government apps. Mor seems to work. The Bangkok Bank app works great if it lets me spend money based on what is in my account, no reason an App cannot track the validity of vaccination data or negative civid test result , stored by a third party, .

True.......... my Bangkok Bank app does work well.....also, got to admit..........the system of paying bills  just by scanning a code on the bill is brilliant.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Does that mean I'll be forced to buy something that can do "apps", whatever they are?

Not necessarily. You may be able to use a QR code on a bit of paper that could be scanned by staff at the venue, plus showing your passport or ID to validate your status. There will be exceptions for limited medical conditions verified by a Doctor of course.  Or, there could be separate areas and procedures for vaccinated and non vaccinated people, such as will be implemented at stadiums in New York this summer.

• Like 1

Does this answer your question? 

"Mike Yeadon, ex-Chief Scientist of Pfizer, has stated that it may be too late to save those who have been injected with any Covid-19 vaccine. He urges those who have not yet been injected with the deadly compound to reject it to save their lives and the lives of their children. The world acclaimed immunologist warns that many more people will probably yet be injured or killed by the vaccination program. Many have died within 2 weeks of the shot. Many more are expected to be injured or killed by the long-term affects of the vaccine with increasing danger with every top-up or “booster” injection." 

• Sad 1