Uk - Unmarried Partner Visa - Application Lodged

Ok guys,

I finally got all the docs (thanks Italian posts) and today I lodged my application for a UK- Unmarried partner visa.

Hope to have good news soon...

(The application was prepared by The scouser...so it should be ok :o )

g.

Edited by giruz

Keep us posted as to the outcome giruz. Its a topic that I asked a question on a while back and am considering this visa at a later date should the gf's little holiday over here go according to plan, so I'd be interested as to the outcome and any advice or tips you can give on the process.

Alternatively, I could hire the services of the "scouse" as I heard he accepts payment in beer :o

Guemlum

Keep us posted as to the outcome giruz. Its a topic that I asked a question on a while back and am considering this visa at a later date should the gf's little holiday over here go according to plan, so I'd be interested as to the outcome and any advice or tips you can give on the process.

Alternatively, I could hire the services of the "scouse" as I heard he accepts payment in beer :o

Guemlum

Today my gf received a call from the embassy.

The lady on the phone asked for a module with credit card details because as it is stated on the British High Commission website 'incomplete application will be returned and a $15 will be charged'.

Now..I just want to say thanks god my gf answered..otherwise I wouldn't be polite as she is..because there is no mention anywhere on the website on how to submit that module, how the module looks like or any other information.

At the end, we will have to fax the credit card numbers on a blank page. Then the lady asked why in our 'presentation letter' we said (well..scouse said) that we plan to travel starting the 1st of September...she asked if we were sure not to travel before..and she asked again....and..end of the call.

So, we started to prepare a letter with those details..

after 2 minutes she got another call, again the same lady asking for two more letters stating that we intend to travel into the UK together. Again we have to send a fax.

At this point my gf asked for the lady contact number or email and she said that she can't provide those for 'privacy reasons'. If we want to call the embassy we should use a $2.6/pm phone number (where a completely useless guy answered last time...).

anyway,

We will fax everything tomorrow (I hope)

g.

We received our passports back today.

Visa guaranteed!

Number of entries: Multi

Type: Visa EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER G. GIRUZZ

VALID FROM: 01/09/07

VALID UNTIL: 01/03/08

Anything else I can add?

I'm so HAPPYYY!!!! :-) and...I can't party..I gotta study for my exams :-|

g.

Just saw you post Giruz and wanted to congratulate you both. I know how you must feel as I felt the same when my gf was granted a tourist visa. I'm sure that scouse's help made for a smooth process.

Guemlum

I had a chat with Giruz on Skype today, and only now did he have the courage to tell me he's an AC Milan supporter :D . Had I known this before, I would, of course, have charged double. :D

Scouse.

Send in a late invoice pronto :D

Oh by the way, well done Giruz :o

Moss

I had a chat with Giruz on Skype today, and only now did he have the courage to tell me he's an AC Milan supporter :D . Had I known this before, I would, of course, have charged double. :D

Scouse.

Send in a late invoice pronto :D

Oh by the way, well done Giruz :o

Moss

Thanks..but remember that scouse did an outstanding job with our application! :-)

Now we are applying for a Schengen/Italian Visa,

This is a list with few important things we came across so far:

1- She must pay 60EUR because Italy doesn't have defacto/inlaw legislation (The Pope is ruling our country!)

2- Someone at the embassy answered the phone and we didn't had to pay $2.60/min to speak to an operator (WOW! That really surprised me)

3- We need bookings (we booked a flight Bkk-Rome-Milan with China Air and Mil-Lon with Easyjet) (done)

4- She needs an health insurance cover for at least EUR30.000 (in process)

5- We have to fill all the relevant papers (almost done)

6- They need a 'certified' invitation (i.e. a letter from my dad with a EUR15 tax on it) (done)

7- They need some bank statements with heaps of money (Q: How much do you need? A: The more the better!) (err...done)

Then, the process might take up to 2 weeks. We are asking for 1-year visa (90days max stay on a 180days period). This because I don't want to pay another 60EUR to go in Italy for xmas... I'll keep you informed.

g.

Edited by giruz